The Void Emperor Portal Effect

"
girng wrote:
"
Emailbox911 wrote:

How about you stop milking us just for one second and offer everybody a way to deal with those MTX duplicates and perhaps a small chance to get something else in return?

GGG already tried. Reddit complained, so Chris removed it.

True end-game dev->community interaction right there!

If something does not appease reddit, it's bad!

Honestly, that box was kind of crooked.
I shouldn't have to spend hundreds of USD to get rid of doubles just to get another duplicate.The system is not bad, just make some adjustments like you are guaranteed a MTX you don't have or something like that. I understand making the box free creates a lot of issues but at some point you have to ask yourself whether three layers of gambling is ethical for your community.

I know these boxes are not mandatory and that they help the devs make revenue.
That's absolutely fine. But honestly this shift in perspective is pissing a lot of people off (Buffing certain archetypes and nerfing all others just to sell more MTX, adding multiple layers of gambling...)

I have been supporting the game since 2013 because I thought their approach was fair and I know that they are involved devs who listen to the community.

Anyway, I guess there is already enough drama around this topic. We will see what they come up with eventually.
"
Emailbox911 wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
Emailbox911 wrote:

How about you stop milking us just for one second and offer everybody a way to deal with those MTX duplicates and perhaps a small chance to get something else in return?

I shouldn't have to spend hundreds of USD to get rid of doubles just to get another duplicate.The system is not bad, just make some adjustments like you are guaranteed a MTX you don't have or something like that. I understand making the box free creates a lot of issues but at some point you have to ask yourself whether three layers of gambling is ethical for your community.

That's absolutely fine. But honestly this shift in perspective is pissing a lot of people off (Buffing certain archetypes and nerfing all others just to sell more MTX, adding multiple layers of gambling...)

I have been supporting the game since 2013 because I thought their approach was fair and I know that they are involved devs who listen to the community.

Anyway, I guess there is already enough drama around this topic. We will see what they come up with eventually.

The duplicates was probably just an oversight, and they would have most likely fixed it.

However, "ggg's box is predatory!!!!" on reddit didn't go so well, so Chris had to remove it ASAP.

Outrage culture wins again!
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
The only thing that went as planned this league was MTX schedule...
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Sep 19, 2019, 4:58:13 AM
"
The only thing that went as planned this league was MTX schedule...

Your username is awesome lmao
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
I bow to SLAANESH!
That's nice. Reminds me of the champion/conqueror/etc portals back in the day.
"
Emailbox911 wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
Emailbox911 wrote:

I still don't understand why devs tried to handle duplicates with boxes...

I said this many times on different platforms.. all you need to do is let us sell any MTX for 5 points. 5 points is not even close to the real value of things so it shouldn't be 'mtx-economy' breaking while people could finally get rid of their dupes to get something they want in return.
Why is it so hard to do this?
ggg where's the "random portal" option D:.
Super mtx!
All i care is the duplicates. But i was pretty sure u will just flood us with new worthless mtxs instead pf solving the problem. Im not surprised. Just little bit dissapointed.

As i said. U can make supercool t-rex portal and i wont care until u solve the dupes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info