[3.9] Herald of Agony (Melee!) Necro--Get in Monsters' Faces Safely (5M Shaper DPS/8.4kLife+Fortify)

"
plawzable wrote:
Ran into a wall and instadie sometimes just clearing packs. how can I juice this build for more defenses?

Get the +1 Minimum Endurace Charges on a Longtooth Amulet and the same on one of your rings (If you can get it. See Page 1. :))

Maybe check for a better Murderous Eye Jewel in gloves? (We can't do any elemental damage directly.)

Boot Enchants/Lab/Crafts - Not sure, there, to be honest. I've been looking at the + Level to Zombie Gems (Delve Boots) to make them a little less squishy in certain situations and the new Conquerors affixes might be worth checking through. (I've yet to go through those for Boots and such... need to do that.)

When in doubt, PoeDB. :) https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php

PS: Labs done?

Can someone explain the mechanics of this?

"
Further, the Holy Relic guarantees that feeding frenzy is always up, which benefits the agony crawler. This is because every time we smack enemies, the "pulse" the relic emits activates feeding frenzy immediately. It also provides life regen to our zombies to further ensure they never die.

Just from looking at it, this doesn't appear to be true for anything other than the Stone Golem. I don't see how it could be true given it's a "to supported gems" support gem. I don't see how the Holy Relic's cast when we hit would do anything for this.

Is there a Passive I'm overlooking that influences this mechanic?
<Sorry - Doublepost - Not my fault! :))
Last edited by Morkonan on Jan 11, 2020, 3:09:25 PM
"
Morkonan wrote:
Can someone explain the mechanics of this?

"
Further, the Holy Relic guarantees that feeding frenzy is always up, which benefits the agony crawler. This is because every time we smack enemies, the "pulse" the relic emits activates feeding frenzy immediately. It also provides life regen to our zombies to further ensure they never die.

Just from looking at it, this doesn't appear to be true for anything other than the Stone Golem. I don't see how it could be true given it's a "to supported gems" support gem. I don't see how the Holy Relic's cast when we hit would do anything for this.

Is there a Passive I'm overlooking that influences this mechanic?

what do you mean ? holy relic deals dmg with the pulse when u hit, grants feeding frenzy buff to you. what doesnt appear to be true ?
"
weoilikeher wrote:
what do you mean ? holy relic deals dmg with the pulse when u hit, grants feeding frenzy buff to you. what doesnt appear to be true ?

I was simply trying to understand the mechanics, that's all.

As I understand it now, after looking over the skills following your post, Feeding Frenzy has a "chance" to be cast. That should be frequent enough to keep it up, though, I suppose.

In the wiki, the description is presented as an "either or" sort of cast. (Either the Relic casts a dmg nova or a healing nova.) The Skillgem description, though, doesn't show that being the case. A sort of conflict of interpretations there and that's what I was going off of.

I play on Console and there's no easy way for me to tell what the "Effect Icons" are that show up during combat. I can't "mouse over" them or anything like that, so they remain a mystery unless I can open up my character stats and read down the list until I find the effect... which isn't really possible to do in the middle of combat. I can't remember what the Feeding Frenzy "Character Effect Icon" looks like... :)
update: i got +2 min end charges total, and better hp on some items.

ran a couple t16 and didn't rip surprisingly (just kidding i died once what did you expect its metamorph league.)
I think this build is insanely fun fwiw. i just want to juice it as much as i can for defenses for that stress free mapping (or as stress free as melee can get).
Bit of a newb question here, can I side with Alira bandit for the mana regen and ele resist? Is missing out on 2 passives that big of a deal?

EDIT: Looking it up I learned you can gain Eramir's favor if at the end game you have your resists maxed beyond the 15% from Alira. So that's what I'm going to do to start!
Last edited by solaris32 on Jan 13, 2020, 5:36:26 PM
"
solaris32 wrote:
Bit of a newb question here, can I side with Alira bandit for the mana regen and ele resist? Is missing out on 2 passives that big of a deal?

EDIT: Looking it up I learned you can gain Eramir's favor if at the end game you have your resists maxed beyond the 15% from Alira. So that's what I'm going to do to start!

You can do that if you want to in the early game, but you'll really want those points later. You should be fine or overcapped by the time you reach end-game levels and those extra points are worth more to you, then. For instance, depending on gear, you may want an extra Passive to get a +30 Dex boost until you can get some top-tier stat gear. It's sometimes easier to find a Passive point than a piece of gear. :)

On mana regen, you shouldn't need it, especially in the early game.

But, it's not a big deal to reset those points later if you need to. (You will likely want to.)
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
weoilikeher wrote:

I was simply trying to understand the mechanics, that's all.

As I understand it now, after looking over the skills following your post, Feeding Frenzy has a "chance" to be cast. That should be frequent enough to keep it up, though, I suppose.

In the wiki, the description is presented as an "either or" sort of cast. (Either the Relic casts a dmg nova or a healing nova.) The Skillgem description, though, doesn't show that being the case. A sort of conflict of interpretations there and that's what I was going off of.

I play on Console and there's no easy way for me to tell what the "Effect Icons" are that show up during combat. I can't "mouse over" them or anything like that, so they remain a mystery unless I can open up my character stats and read down the list until I find the effect... which isn't really possible to do in the middle of combat. I can't remember what the Feeding Frenzy "Character Effect Icon" looks like... :)

i think it do it at the same time tbh, nova pulse hit enemies and grant allies a hp regen buff, you can see the buff on top of your/your minion 's head, it looks like a fan, feeding frenzy is just simply a buff have a chance to proc when any of the minion linked to the gem deals dmg, works like elemental overload when you crit recently, dont think too much about it
Last edited by weoilikeher on Jan 14, 2020, 6:20:16 AM
How do you get 5m dps idont get it , i have almost the same gear ands im only at 60k even if i put all my gems at 21/20% im not even close of 100k
IGN: KidoLorD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info