[3.9] Herald of Agony (Melee!) Necro--Get in Monsters' Faces Safely (5M Shaper DPS/8.4kLife+Fortify)

What would be the best tank helmet to swap out devoto for sirus fight?
fun build. running around with 7.7k raw hp jumping into packs. boss damage is very high and putting on a devoto's to run thru t11-14s is satisfying. this is probably the only way i will ever play a necromancer.
If there was a real complaint about this build, mostly it'd be just having a hard time doing blight maps. also zombies just die really fast sometimes and resummoning them is :(
on the topic of gear; recently dropped a blood of the karui and been testing it out. would this be a good 5th flask for the build considering how huge our hp pool is?
"
I tried doing Shaper a while back and my zombies died super quick making the fight tougher (the increased shaper hp didn't help my cause). Granted I was trying him on a 5l and without qualified gems. My questions are essentially these 2 -

1) Would increase in quality of my gems improve my dmg significantly? (I already have a lvl 31 HoAg)

2) How can I increase my Zombies tankiness? Especially in the endgame bossing fights with multiple aoe skills. Would getting minion resistance help quite a bit?

My character is timetojumponbandwagon. It's a level 89 Necro in STD.

Thank you for the build btw, made it in Blight start and it's one of my favourite builds.

Yes, resistances are the biggest thing our zombies are missing. A 4-link with minion and totem elemental resistances would go far, but also taking resistances and life on the tree would help if you can spare the points.

"
Str0ng wrote:
What would be the best tank helmet to swap out devoto for sirus fight?

We build around needing the dex so the only other option is Starkonja's with high life.

If you are getting the dex some other way, you can use a rare helmet with whatever mods you want, or the Maw of Conquest for faster recovery and the ability to respect a bunch of attack speed in exchange for the Golden Rule jewel (this is also the helm that people who want to farm chayula use, respeccing the attack speed for Dexterity)

"
plawzable wrote:
fun build. running around with 7.7k raw hp jumping into packs. boss damage is very high and putting on a devoto's to run thru t11-14s is satisfying. this is probably the only way i will ever play a necromancer.
If there was a real complaint about this build, mostly it'd be just having a hard time doing blight maps. also zombies just die really fast sometimes and resummoning them is :(
on the topic of gear; recently dropped a blood of the karui and been testing it out. would this be a good 5th flask for the build considering how huge our hp pool is?

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't tested the newly-nerfed zombies this league. Glad you're enjoying it though! I did end up using blood of the karui during last league, I would say it's a good choice for a life flask.
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 2, 2020, 4:42:53 PM
So this build does or does not do blighted maps well? I’m looking for a fun build that does well on blighted maps, without relegating to full summoner because, well, it’s boring as hell lol. The guide says the crawler clears blighted packs in one volley, but then there are comments stating that they are having trouble in blighted maps.
Last edited by inB4nOOb on Jan 3, 2020, 4:47:15 AM
Feel so insanely weak with this build =(
Is anyone still playing this build?

Could someone help with my char? I'm lv92 and I have 6.6k (~2.1m dps). If I finish out the tree, I can only hit up to ~7k life. I'm wondering how I can get up to 8k life

What would I need to change to have the most impact that would allow me to hit 8k (if I finish the tree) As a comparison, codetaku's build hits 7.5k at the same level as me.

https://pastebin.com/ZLsLjVPz
Last edited by lightcaster08 on Jan 4, 2020, 12:03:56 AM
Thanks for this guide! I've made a modified Occultist version, and will post a guide soon.
"
MagosBiologis wrote:
Thanks for this guide! I've made a modified Occultist version, and will post a guide soon.

Interested to see your take on this build, mind linking it here after you're done?
"
inB4nOOb wrote:
So this build does or does not do blighted maps well? I’m looking for a fun build that does well on blighted maps, without relegating to full summoner because, well, it’s boring as hell lol. The guide says the crawler clears blighted packs in one volley, but then there are comments stating that they are having trouble in blighted maps.

I mean, I played it all the way through blight league and had no problem with blighted maps with Chain up. Some people may be too cowardly to actually slam through blight packs (you don't build up virulence if you don't attack, but if you just stand still at the front of a pack, you will die, because obviously), the key is to just slam all the way through the center to the back and then return to the center. This is not a coward build. This is an interactive build. I didn't need towers up to full clear t15 blighted maps last league.

"
pinktacos7 wrote:
Feel so insanely weak with this build =(

Two of your jewel slots are outright empty, and two more are filled with minion stat jewels instead of poison and life jewels, not to mention that your gloves are literally just there for resists. If you're not playing the build I made then don't complain about the build I made.

"
lightcaster08 wrote:
Is anyone still playing this build?

Could someone help with my char? I'm lv92 and I have 6.6k (~2.1m dps). If I finish out the tree, I can only hit up to ~7k life. I'm wondering how I can get up to 8k life

What would I need to change to have the most impact that would allow me to hit 8k (if I finish the tree) As a comparison, codetaku's build hits 7.5k at the same level as me.

https://pastebin.com/ZLsLjVPz

Your coral ring and boots can have a lot more life than they do, for cheap. Your diamond ring can also be coral....

"
Nekuuuuuu wrote:
"
MagosBiologis wrote:

Interested to see your take on this build, mind linking it here after you're done?

I'm also interested! Feel free to link it here. Do you use empower to hit level 31 or are you using a +chaos level amulet mod from the new content? A +1 coming calamity plus a +1 amulet mod would replace the need for the Necromancer's +2 minion gems node.
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 4, 2020, 8:21:30 AM
t's amazing build but i made some changes
1)in blight league i was using helm with minion life and damage for zombies
2)gloves with poison and faster attacks
then i used life gain on hit
this league i use just gloves couse zombies are realy weak/ Ihave some problems with metamorphs on maps. And still can't kill sirus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info