[3.8] Durimon's ONLY Ice Shot Miner Build Saboteur, 1 EX for Insane DPS and End Game

"
sikker wrote:
So, I liked the BL-setup but this seems more powerful. Seems like better clear speed than FB, and more damage than BL.
Perhaps you could start rating your build in comparison to each other so we know if it is worth changing?
And should I even change setup? I mean if you just make an even stronger build next. I will run out of currency quick :)
(Will the next build(s) be even stronger? Should I just continue with the BL-setup for now?)

Also, I want to add a thanks for your efforts. It is appreciated.

Good point, I did it on my personal website but not here. I will add it right now.

Just Stick to BL Miner until you get currencies. BL Miner is the most broken one among the three.

Thanks for your support!
Last edited by bluewelkin on Sep 18, 2019, 4:49:00 AM
My edited thread keeps coming to comment area. Arg!
Last edited by bluewelkin on Sep 18, 2019, 4:46:59 AM
Thanks. The descriptive comparison of the builds is really helpful. It inspired me to probably try the FB one :)
Last edited by sikker on Sep 18, 2019, 6:47:13 AM
I'm doing the BL mines build right now but guess it is always easy to switch to another skill to link to mines if you have some good basic gear.

Besides ice shot I guess elemental hit would also be very strong to link to mines. It's your (Durimon) quest to bring old mines back by proving how strong the new mines are. It's awesome that you show so many good mine builds as many players enjoy them I believe. However, playing mines is still a specific mechanic that not everyone may like. It's still a throw and detonate playing style which can be annoying compared to other strong, non-mine builds.

I'm sure there are still dozens of skills to link to the same mine set-up that is going to be strong but why was the old mine playing style better?
If you want to play a throw-boom build all league it should be strong :)

Coming back to what I said above... an elemental hit mine build would be awesome... if you could make one... ;)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I'm doing the BL mines build right now but guess it is always easy to switch to another skill to link to mines if you have some good basic gear.

Besides ice shot I guess elemental hit would also be very strong to link to mines. It's your (Durimon) quest to bring old mines back by proving how strong the new mines are. It's awesome that you show so many good mine builds as many players enjoy them I believe. However, playing mines is still a specific mechanic that not everyone may like. It's still a throw and detonate playing style which can be annoying compared to other strong, non-mine builds.

I'm sure there are still dozens of skills to link to the same mine set-up that is going to be strong but why was the old mine playing style better?

Coming back to what I said above... an elemental hit mine build would be awesome... if you could make one... ;)

Thanks for your comment. I've already done ele hit miner but it costs too much to get the same amount of dps as Ice Shot Miner. That's why I decided to drop or upload the build later.

I am very used to old mines and I had my own secret build that costed little to do all contents. I never revealed it since I was worried if GGG would nerf things related my secret one somehow. T-T It's also that old mine had so much to find out more and study, and had unlimited potentiality. This new mine? You just link gems and throw, detonate, then everything's done. For a person who likes to play with builds, this one is almost like dumb blunt rock you see everywhere.

Thanks for your comment, again.
Last edited by bluewelkin on Sep 19, 2019, 7:31:07 AM
"
bluewelkin wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Thanks for your comment. I've already done ele hit miner but it costs too much to get the same amount of dps as Ice Shot Miner. That's why I decided to drop or upload the build later.

I am very used to old mines and I had my own secret build that costed little to do all contents. I never revealed it since I was worried if GGG would nerf things related my secret one somehow. T-T It's also that old mine had so much to find out more and study, and had unlimited potentiality. This new mine? You just link gems and throw, detonate, then everything's done. For a person who likes to play with builds, this one is almost like dumb blunt rock you see everywhere.

Thanks for your comment, again.

Ah good, you tried out Ele Hit miner. I was wondering to see how that'd fare. But it seems like Ice Shot may be the best overall bow skill to use for a mix of AoE/Single Target for a miner.

I do like how mines these days are more or less versatile enough to do tons of damage, even old school GC mines are still great. The new mines are entirely capable of rolling through content on their own (even Icicle can be single target capable if invested heavily enough as could Pyroclast investing into enough AoE range to be decent general clearing capability).

Part of me still wishes if there is a certain mine combo/build that truly stands out to defeat the Icicle/Pyroclast combo that Windz's build has shown to basically crush all content. That is also decent enough with eHP to avoid getting 1shot.
Last edited by reciprocate on Sep 19, 2019, 3:54:39 PM
hi mate i really want to Do this builD can u plz put a levling guiDe
"
Maroki2 wrote:
hi mate i really want to Do this builD can u plz put a levling guiDe

I haven't leveled up with this, but I say just do a icicle mine/pyroclast mine at first, and later on when you can afford a Dying Sun and some of the other gear for this, then you're set. The extra projectiles off the bow and Dying Sun will help quite a bit for both general clear and single target in mapping.

Good part about the build is you don't need attack speed whatsoever since it's a mine build. But I think it may be advisable to get some extra survivability by other means just in case. Durimon's videos does show him with 5K eHP at most, other people may want to have a higher cushion in case they deal with guardians with extra damage mods and such.
oh man thank you very much for the build it got so much power last time I enjoyed playing build was when zerpfi was alive :D
Running it so far, and after some minor optimizations to get myself to as close to 100% accuracy as possible. It's pretty nice. A nice quiver to consider is Fracturing Spinner as it's pretty cheap, and if you can get a good corrupt it'll at least outdo something like a +1 to arrow rare quiver and various others. The Harbinger it grants always gives a random buff every 4 second like a chain, fork, extra pierce, and so on for bow attacks. I just haven't put in elemental damage to attack support gem in my setup since I love the benefits offered by Charged Mines support (extra crit and mine throwing speed and getting power and frenzy charges up really fast).

To Durimon, what do you think of a Power Siphon miner with a really high phys damage wand? The damage multipliers and innate extra projectiles PS grants is really tempting, and with stacking power charges it grants a nice chunk of damage on it's own. Though I have no idea how effective it'd be for single target tbh.

I do remember actually doing a kinetic blast miner a few years back and although it only really was meant for strand farming, it was fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info