3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

The build is definitely viable. I am still using the tanky setup. However, after reaching 24 challenges completed, I stopped progressing my atlas and saving my Sirus A5 as the last dance before the league ends. So with the spare league time, I decided to try using a set cluster jewels once again just to fool around with the build. They are cheap in this league. The resulting downside is that my eHP went from 8k down to 6k, but my minion life modifier went up to 313%. I also don't have a single enlighten support gem but can run 3 auras using the sovereignty passives. If I use my 6L minion bow, I can still run my usual 4 auras (aspect of avian, discipline, dread banner, flesh and stone - blood stance) and will be left with 79 mana. I am only using an empower 3, since 4 is just way too expensive in this league at 8 EXA. Most of the time, I am just using a 5-link Kulemak staff that has only minion damage and +3 to sockets, which I got early in the league for 50c. I also might fool around with changing some of the tanky setup gear just to get my eHP higher, maybe will try a saqawal for the chest instead of a geofri.
Last edited by 10011001 on Sep 9, 2021, 11:12:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rG3GUAZROE
my necro. boom boom
"
BrooCnW wrote:
my necro. boom boom

VERY INSPIRING !
"
BrooCnW wrote:
my necro. boom boom

Would you kindly share the POB
New to Poe here, is this build still strong in Expedition? or still worth working towards? I'm not looking to be the very top , I just want to play the game smoothly with one hand and like butter you said.

never played necromancer, but finally decided to try.
"
Yogragi wrote:
New to Poe here, is this build still strong in Expedition? or still worth working towards? I'm not looking to be the very top , I just want to play the game smoothly with one hand and like butter you said.
never played necromancer, but finally decided to try.

If your motivation is being able to get rewards from the league challenges, and do league content and reach level 93-95 (harder to go beyond 95), definitely still strong, look for the tanky build on page 1, I've been using the tanky setup since 3.9 metamorph league and it has been nerfed probably every league since. You can also see what one zombie can still do in PVP at level 40 on page 1665 (just for fun). I left a few rough PVP videos there from the previous league. This league, I used the same tanky setup again to finish 24 challenges, then considered myself done (36 just burns me out too much as it did previous leagues). I am lazy, so I prefer the zombies to do most of the work for me. I then changed/experimented in the middle of the league with a very cheap SRS build with chaos inoculation, 1 set of cluster jewels, and minion instability for PVP which is what I am using now. I find my current SRS build very good for bosses, tedious for mapping, viable for PVP against level 100s, but difficult for delving, and will definitely use the tanky setup again next league. I should add, due to the nerfs this league, I found myself unusually dying in every area of Act I (normally I could get through deathless to at least level 40-50 easily), but still managed to kill the Act I boss Merveil solo and deathless. It got easier after Act I.

Again, refer to page 1 and look for the tanky setup.
Last edited by 10011001 on Oct 5, 2021, 9:01:46 AM
My main man brunowa, or my home slice 10011001 - we need your expertise!

3.16 - good? bad? indifferent?

Need a Skill Tree update - and you two are the BEST at it! :)
Is this build dead? I just logged into my 3.13 char and zombies are taking ages to deal damage.
"
Baloosh wrote:
My main man brunowa, or my home slice 10011001 - we need your expertise!
3.16 - good? bad? indifferent?
Need a Skill Tree update - and you two are the BEST at it! :)

LOL man...

As a casual player who gets tired after playing about 1-2 hours per day, I will still use the tanky zombie setup for 3.16, expecting some difficulty starting at Act I (minions dying). No matter what changes GGG does to the tree or the gear, the objective remains the same for build:

* Prioritize based on your current level and needs.
* Support the 6-linked zombies with everything possible: gems with quality, spectres, auras, AG with proper gear for buffs, golem, passive skill tree, pantheon, ascendancy points, jewels, gear. So technically they aren't just physically limited to 6-links anymore but "powered up".
* Raise your necro's eHP to as high as possible, normally I can still do about 8K eHP during the league. Also keep your resistances capped, including chaos resistance at higher tier maps.
* Get your strength to slightly over 1000 IF you want to use the Baron helm which is the helm of choice of the tanky setup. An added advantage of stacking strength is more life for your necro.
* Do the labs/trials/pantheon as you encounter them for the much-needed boosts.
* Spend more currency on your necro especially if you keep on dying.

So....for example....

If your zombies/minions die, give them more minion life (passive skill tree, gems, gear, jewels, etc...).
If your zombies take too long to kill mobs or the boss, give them more damage (passive skill tree, gems, gear, jewels, etc...).

Absolutely do not worry about making mistakes on the passive skill tree, it's normal to change it as you progress and your build needs changes. I have even deallocated the entire tree during a league using orbs of regret just to start over.

You should be able to look at my previous necros (anything level 93-95, equipped with a minion bow) ... you'll notice the similarity of the skill trees and the build, except for this league's 3.15 level 93 necro which is an experiment on SRS and chaos inoculation.

So if you do it right, as a casual player, you should be able to achieve 12 league challenges done in 2 days of total playtime, 24 league challenges done in 4 more days of playtime. But... 36 burns me out too much (takes me a total of 25-30 days of playtime), so I don't like doing that anymore no matter the reward. Again, I am lazy and don't really like grinding too much. :)

Good luck.

Last edited by 10011001 on Oct 16, 2021, 3:04:40 AM
"
Ameoth wrote:
Is this build dead? I just logged into my 3.13 char and zombies are taking ages to deal damage.

Use lifetap gem in the helm (blood magic was replaced by GGG), and yes the zombies are a lot weaker this 3.15 league but still viable if your motivation is getting league rewards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info