3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

So kind of you to take the time to break that all down for me, I appreciate it! I'm making the changes to my passive skill tree according to page 1 and will be looking into anointing, AG setup and the specific spectres you mentioned.. and pvp!

Maybe a silly question, but do you repurchase the gear when you reach higher levels? I saw differences in 'level required' for certain pieces although I may have mistaken that for ilevel
It there a levelling help in this thread somewhere? The one on page one isnt very useful. I'm having a really rough time tryin to get to maps. I feel like my minions do no damage and have no life...
"
WatchdogTimer wrote:
It there a levelling help in this thread somewhere? The one on page one isnt very useful. I'm having a really rough time tryin to get to maps. I feel like my minions do no damage and have no life...

Page 1 can be confusing. It's changed a lot, but the information is still there. Scroll down to where it says "Build Details", then "Gear, Gems, Tree, POB code", then read both 3.11 Budget Starter Setup .... and 3.11 TANKY END-GAME SETUP.

That should get you started.

There's a link to POB... that tells you which passive skills to allocate. You'll need to download software (called PathOfBuilding) to read POB correctly.

If you don't want to use that yet, scroll down some more and look for "SUPPORTING INFO"... the "levelling" info is there...it tells you which skill to allocate and have depending on the level of your witch.
Read also the FAQ there for relevant info.

You can also follow the much older setup...scroll down to "VIDEO AND UPDATE LOG ARCHIVE"... see the 3.9 Build Setups for Reference and look at Setup 2) Tanky Setup... They're very similar, but 3.11 is the most recent update. It still works despite all the nerfs.

"
rtaleb wrote:
So kind of you to take the time to break that all down for me, I appreciate it! I'm making the changes to my passive skill tree according to page 1 and will be looking into anointing, AG setup and the specific spectres you mentioned.. and pvp!

Maybe a silly question, but do you repurchase the gear when you reach higher levels? I saw differences in 'level required' for certain pieces although I may have mistaken that for ilevel

Not exactly sure what you mean by repurchase gear.
Once I have a geofri, I can start using it at level 64, I don't really need to get another one even at level 100.

There is "item level" and "requires level"
Requires level is the level your witch must be at to use the item/gear.
Item level is useful in other areas such as vendor recipes, crafting.

Hope that helps, good luck.
"
10011001 wrote:
"
WatchdogTimer wrote:

Page 1 can be confusing. It's changed a lot, but the information is still there. Scroll down to where it says "Build Details", then "Gear, Gems, Tree, POB code", then read both 3.11 Budget Starter Setup .... and 3.11 TANKY END-GAME SETUP.

There's a link to POB... that tells you which passive skills to allocate. You'll need to download software (called PathOfBuilding) to read POB correctly.

If you don't want to use that yet, scroll down some more and look for "SUPPORTING INFO"... the "levelling" info is there...it tells you which skill to allocate and have depending on the level of your witch.
Read also the FAQ there for relevant info.

You can also follow the much older setup...scroll down to "VIDEO AND UPDATE LOG ARCHIVE"... see the 3.9 Build Setups for Reference and look at Setup 2) Tanky Setup... They're very similar, but 3.11 is the most recent update. It still works despite all the nerfs.

I'll try some things in the FAQ. Most of the gear is for lvl72+. What should I be running earlier that that? I might have just run through the acts to quick but I just got to Act 5 and I'm struggling a lot more than in previous builds. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Also, when do you stop using Summon Skeletons and only use raise zombies?
"
WatchdogTimer wrote:

I'll try some things in the FAQ. Most of the gear is for lvl72+. What should I be running earlier that that? I might have just run through the acts to quick but I just got to Act 5 and I'm struggling a lot more than in previous builds. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Also, when do you stop using Summon Skeletons and only use raise zombies?

From level 1 to 40, any junk gear you find along the way from Act 1 to 5 will be fine, it's the sockets and links you need at the start to get your gems working and cooperating with each other - try to follow the recommended skill tree passives and the gem links as best as possible to boost your zombies (zombie - impale sup - melee phy- melee splash (or multistrike eventually) - feeding frenzy (or minion damage/life/speed)...but not to confuse you, it is very flexible specially while levelling. For aura gems: discipline, purity of elements at the start. You have to do those labyrinth trials as you find them too. Ascendancy points will give your minions a big boost. You should already be able to cast desecrate and spirit offering, and have 1 stone golem, and 1-2 spectres, 1 animated guardian and about 8 zombies by level 40. A queens weapon, at least a 4L or 5L would help a lot but not even required. Junk gear can get you to level 40 solo and deathless (that's what I've been able to do with the build for 5 leagues now). So better gear would be nice to have. By level 60-ish, you should be able to start using some of the basic starter or tanky gear setup (femurs staff, geofri chest, shaper's touch gloves, alberon's boots, baron helm). Fortunately in this league, all of that just costs about 10 chaos total haha...previous leagues had 5L femurs at 50 chaos.

I would replace the 5L or 6L femurs as soon as I can get a minion bow (page 1, which normally sells for about 7 exa in a league). It feels like a 6L femurs is probably good until level 92, it gets more difficult after that...so keep investing exa into your character to keep it alive and not lose XP.

N
Vaal summon skeletons is a personal choice, you can stop using it once your zombies are properly supported by the AG, 4 spectres, gems, jewels, gear, auras, the recommended flasks etc... I like to keep it all the way to end game, because I like seeing 50-ish skeletons in a boss fight :) But I'd keep it at least until level 40. It's a nice backup weapon in case zombies die on you.

Another thing, I noticed you went and got death attunement and cruel prep the long way. Normally we anoint an amulet with death attument (saves a lot of skill points). So you can do that much later once you have oils for it and your presumed end-game amulet. You can get cruel prep and ravenous horde when you have a thread of hope medium jewel so you can allocate those 2 with just 2 skill points). But not to worry, you can always refund skill points with orbs of regret and reallocate your skill tree points as needed, depending on what gear, gems you have at your witch's level. I also noticed the 6L tabula rasa... hmmm...If I had that and a 5L queens at level 40, that would be really awesome. I'd probably place zombies in the queens, and skeletons with or without summon raging spirits in the rasa. You can always move these gems around and place them in their recommended gear at some point (like the baron helm should have the AG, spectres, minion life (my preference) or meat sheiled, blood magic. You should also have 1000 strength minimum for the baron to work properly (use 2 efficient training jewel, 2 brawn jewels, the passive skill tree, belt, 2 rings, amulet to get you slightly over 1000 str). Put the zombie chain in the 6L weapon (minion bow with quiver or minion staff found in page 1) with an empower 4, the aura gems in the 5L or 6L geofri chest with an enlighten 3 or 4, etc..). And keep your elem and chaos resists capped as much as possible. Your auras by end game would probably be discipline, flesh and stone, dread banner, aspect of avian (or purity of elements if you still need resistances). Your AG should have the proper gear to keep it alive including the kingmaker axe to provide buffs for you and minions (details in page 1). Spectres I normally use: 1 carnage chief, 1 host chief, 1 they of tul and as a 4th I prefer merveil's retainer instead of the noisy arena master (spectre info, ascendancy, pantheon are also in page 1).

Anyway at level 39-40 you should have these skill points allocated in your tree:

lord of the dead
deep wisdom
heart and soul
arcanist dominion
sacrifice
spiritual command
enduring bond
retribution
discipline and training
sanctity
grave pact
might
ancestral knowledge
expertise

ascendancy: mindless aggression

It took me about 2-3 leagues to fully appreciate the build to the point I could tweak it without worrying if I broke the build. Take a look at my post in page 1633 (PVP)... that should give you a really good idea how your witch should feel like by level 39-40 and it's pretty awesome.

Good luck.
Last edited by 10011001 on Feb 5, 2021, 10:54:39 PM
Hey! I'm having a lot of trouble with this build, and I've spent hours troubleshooting, and I just can't figure out what's going on. It's getting relaly frustrating, and I really need some expert-level guidance if anyone can lend a helping hand. I'm also legally blind, so it's a little hard to see some of the finer details in the text that I might be forgetting, so if any kind soul out there wouldn't mind lenidng a helping hand, I would be greatly appreciative. THank you so much!

What's happening?:
I just started mapping, and I'm level 69 I believe. I'm dying to tier 1 maps in a matter of seconds, and all my spectres, zombies, holy grail, and sometimes stone golem are all dying and I'm unable to sustain them. I'm overcapped on resistance, and have almost 3k HP at the moment. I just can't seem to figure out what's killing me or my minions at all.

What's my rotation?:
Summon everything, alc a tier 1 map, head in, and wait for a monster to die. Then use flesh offering, run around, rinse and repeat.

Which flavor of the build am I doing?:
The speed one. I have his exact zombie links minus impale, and I have his exact spectre links, his exact aura links minus enlighten, and that's about it.

Any help at all would be so greatly appreciated. Since i'm visually impaired it takes me so long to actually make it through the story, and I just don't want to have to fork this build already. :( I love summoners, and want to try to make this work. My profile should be public, so hopefully you guys can further examine my character and what's going on with my equipment and passive tree and such. Thank you so very much!!
"
Endomous wrote:
Hey! I'm having a lot of trouble with this build, and I've spent hours troubleshooting, and I just can't figure out what's going on. It's getting relaly frustrating, and I really need some expert-level guidance if anyone can lend a helping hand. I'm also legally blind, so it's a little hard to see some of the finer details in the text that I might be forgetting, so if any kind soul out there wouldn't mind lenidng a helping hand, I would be greatly appreciative. THank you so much!

What's happening?:
I just started mapping, and I'm level 69 I believe. I'm dying to tier 1 maps in a matter of seconds, and all my spectres, zombies, holy grail, and sometimes stone golem are all dying and I'm unable to sustain them. I'm overcapped on resistance, and have almost 3k HP at the moment. I just can't seem to figure out what's killing me or my minions at all.

What's my rotation?:
Summon everything, alc a tier 1 map, head in, and wait for a monster to die. Then use flesh offering, run around, rinse and repeat.

Which flavor of the build am I doing?:
The speed one. I have his exact zombie links minus impale, and I have his exact spectre links, his exact aura links minus enlighten, and that's about it.

Any help at all would be so greatly appreciated. Since i'm visually impaired it takes me so long to actually make it through the story, and I just don't want to have to fork this build already. :( I love summoners, and want to try to make this work. My profile should be public, so hopefully you guys can further examine my character and what's going on with my equipment and passive tree and such. Thank you so very much!!

Not an expert, just a casual player...but I've been using the same tanky build guide for 5 leagues now... and also visually impaired...

but...

Looks like your skill tree is OK. If you check page 1 for details, you should also start going down the left side. But it seems you're on the right track as far as the skill tree goes.

Your gear needs some work. The baron helm should have raise spectre, AG, meat shield or minion life and blood magic. They must be in the helm. You don't need holy relic at all. You can put molten shell somewhere else. You must also have 1000 strength for the baron helm to work. You can use 2 brawn jewels, 2 efficient training, belt (is OK for now), 2 rings, amulet to get that strength to over 1000. You need better rings mine both have around 50 strength each and some elem and chaos resists, and an amulet for strength, elem and chaos resists. You'll need to anoint the amulet with death attunement at some point. Astramentis is nice, but it doesn't have elem and chaos resists. So find an amulet that has lots of strength, mine has about 88 strength and 30-40% cold resist then anoint with death attunement to help you get a 4th spectre with a level 21 spectre gem.

Your weapon, if you want to keep using that, I'd replace minion speed with feeding frenzy. But I suggest getting at least a 5L femurs staff and work your way to put zombie - feeding frenzy - multistrike - melee phy - IMPALE sup and at some point empower 4 on it...this will change your life :)

The armor, try to get a geofri 5L and place your aura gems (discipline, purity of elements, maim sup, flesh and stone all linked to at least enlighten 3). If you have another socket, you can put molten shell with the geofri.

Finally, in either the boots or gloves: generosity supp linked with dread banner. Use the remaining sockets to put: desecrate, spirit offering, stone golem linked to minion life (or feeding frenzy) and to vaal skeletons (if you like a backup to the zombies). You should have room for withering step and or flame dash for movement. I'd drop the haste, flesh offering, holy relic. I recommend shaper's touch gloves and alberon's warpath boots.

Try to follow the recommended flasks in page 1 as well. They work well together.

The gear above can carry you all the way to level 92 easily. Most of the gear is cheap in this league, I spent only 10 chaos total to get the femurs weapon, baron helm, geofri chest, shapers gloves, alebron boots. At some point try to get the minion staff or the minion bow and a quiver described in page 1 (I prefer the bow). This new weapon will help you get to level 95, T16 maps, Sirus A8, 24-37 challenge rewards accomplished in each league.

Your starting auras will be discipline and purity of elements...add flesh and stone and dread banner at some point. Later you can drop purity of elements and replace with aspect of avian if you manage to get the staff or bow described in page 1. Keep your elem and chaos resists capped (75 or 76%). You can ignore chaos resist for a while, but if you keep getting killed all of a sudden in just 1-2 seconds (1-shotted), then you know you need chaos resist. Spectres, use 1 carnage chief, 1 host chief, and I suggest they of tul for defense and for a 4th spectre merveil's retainer. Your animated guardian (AG) needs gear and at some point a kingmaker axe to provide you and your zombies buffs. Also get don't forget your ascendancy (big boost to your minions) and pantheon. Details for spectre, AG, ascendancy, pantheon are in page 1. Keep investing in your character, keep alive so you don't lose XP.

Good luck.

Last edited by 10011001 on Feb 6, 2021, 3:27:30 AM
Can't seem to figure out how to edit my post, so I'll say it here, the character I'm playing this buildHey! this information was extremely helpful, and I'm probably going to try and get that information used and try to get things under control with all that in mind. I have a quick qeustion though, is there some reason why on earth this build author has those links he has in the speed variant? Like holy relic and such? because my baron helmet is exactly how his is on his gear page in the speed section. Thank you very much! on is named ChipsAhoiMcSpeedyBoi.
"
Endomous wrote:
Can't seem to figure out how to edit my post, so I'll say it here, the character I'm playing this buildHey! this information was extremely helpful, and I'm probably going to try and get that information used and try to get things under control with all that in mind. I have a quick qeustion though, is there some reason why on earth this build author has those links he has in the speed variant? Like holy relic and such? because my baron helmet is exactly how his is on his gear page in the speed section. Thank you very much! on is named ChipsAhoiMcSpeedyBoi.

The build on page 1 is very flexible. I can't comment on the speed build, as I have always used the tanky build for 5 leagues now. I figured it is better to be alive than lose XP. One time I was almost at level 94, knowingly went into risky situations...died at least 10 times...and lost all the XP. I also remember in page 1 it states the speed build could get you killed more than the tanky setup...something like that... so I chose tanky from the start.

good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info