[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Hey, thanks a lot for the guide and the build. Decided to make this my League-Starter next season, I´m having so much fun.

Since I am a really new player, just 2 questions about things that I don´t get:

1. What does The Vortex - Bonechill - CWDT - Setup actually do for us? The chilled-effect doesn´t seem to be that great and it doesn´t interact with the -30 action-speed from artic armor or does it? As others mentioned I feel like this doesn´t do that much and plague bearer or any other defensive skill for movement seems to be more attraktive.

2. Some mentioned placing down another curse like temp chains. How does that interact with our flask? On the witchfire brew it says curse AURA, does that mean you can place 2 curses on enemies without having "add additional curse" on the gear or do you still need that?

Thanks a lot again, looking forward to answers :-)

Best regards, Vennto
"
Vennto wrote:
Hey, thanks a lot for the guide and the build. Decided to make this my League-Starter next season, I´m having so much fun.

1. What does The Vortex - Bonechill - CWDT - Setup actually do for us? The chilled-effect doesn´t seem to be that great and it doesn´t interact with the -30 action-speed from artic armor or does it? As others mentioned I feel like this doesn´t do that much and plague bearer or any other defensive skill for movement seems to be more attraktive.

2. Some mentioned placing down another curse like temp chains. How does that interact with our flask? On the witchfire brew it says curse AURA, does that mean you can place 2 curses on enemies without having "add additional curse" on the gear or do you still need that?

Best regards, Vennto

i am also doing some experiments with the cwdt vortex setup and i think its just another nice addition of slow and some extra damage over time. i cut the bonechill completly and while delving the vortex as well for withering step which gives phaserun, extra dodge and another way of applying some withering stacks. thats why i didnbt take phaserun cause it overs a bit more and during mapping some flamedash cause it feels bad without gapcloser over fences and highgrounds^^ i didnt rly find a perfect setup for evrything cause of missing slots and beside that i needa run precision 1 for accuracy cause i only got 450 on my ring and the other one is circle of notalgia. i allways like having lots of chaos res and so far i am around 65 but planning getting some more accuracy with a jewel maybe casue without precision 1 i am around 96 which might be enough anyway :P

i am using temporal chains as additional curse. the annoint whispers of doom on my amulet is making it possible having a 2nd. its also a damage increase and feels good while bossing. less actionspeed on boss feels a bit safer while giving him some poison hits and they even last longer and deal more dps. i apply temp chains with whirling blades curse on hit and cut of faster attacks. while mapping packs die after 1 or 2 hits anyway so the 2nd curse is not needed but what ever temp chains is most annoying curse and feels good having one^^ i dont even know if its worth playing with it over a nice dps annoint on amulet instead. whispers of doom annoint costs are around 210 chaos and i need another amulet xD sadly i am also noob and dont know how to calculate the extra damage from temp chains in pob but its my first own creation whirling blades-curse on hit-temp chains-fortify so i totally believe in it^^
"
Vennto wrote:

Best regards, Vennto

Have personally tested the vortex bonechill setup, replaced it with plague bearer/withering step for "better synergy" , and then reinstated the vortex setup again as it just provides that jump of survivability that this builds needs (when vaal ms is down)

Plague bearer/withering step is really just stacking more dps on a build that is pretty high on the dps scale, so that little bit of increased dps isn't really that important. Plus it adds way too much hotkeys for human pathfinder players to effectively manage. Still, if you are mechanically talented and amazing at dodging attacks, plague bearer/withering step is a decent alternative.

For the curses, I believe it will just overlap the existing curse when another curse is applied. Not sure about that.

Thanks a lot for your answers guys! Helped a lot :-)

I am coming back with more Questions though. As I said I´m quite new to the game in General (8 Days playing as far as I remember) and have some Questions conserning the mechanics. I would really appreciate some detailled answers :-)

1. As the 2nd most important stat on weapons you´ve listed added chaos Damage. I get that on other gear I preferrably want different Things, but lets assume I find a ring or goves or whatever that have "added chaos dmg" - does that count to our Poison as well or does it only work on the claws?

2. Conserning the jewels: Melee dmg, dmg with claws, increased %poison damage recommended - I was wondering: Does "Damage over time" work as well? Thought Poison is considered dmg over time...

3. The big question. You´ve mentioned on weapons you want added chaos dmg, the chance for poison to deal double dmg, attackspeed and chaos dmg multiplier - so far so good. But what about the Hunter-Based stats like "increased Damage with Poison" (prefix) or "poisons you inflict deal Damage faster" (Suffix)? How do they perform in comparison? Don´t we want them or do we want them additionally if possible? How would that work if we craft a Hunter-based imperial claw then, is the new stat additive or are we still capped on 6 Mods? What about double influenced claws?

Same goes for other stats as "increased Damage over time", "chaos skills have increased %skill effect duration", Hunter-hybrid stat: "adds chaos dmg + attacks with this weapon penetrate chaos resistance", and genereally "increased poison duration". Detailled tips here would be really helpful to get a Deep understanding of the matter at Hand. Or Maybe you could add another section to the build concering the part "how Poison works" and add a mechanic section there?

4. Kind of Fitting for Question 3, but I think simpler: Does "increased melee dmg" Count too? I think yes, since we took nodes in the tree and the skill sais "melee" as well. Just ensure me I´m correct here, thanks :D

I know, that might take some time to answer this detailled but I would really appreaciate it as a new Player to get a Deep understanding of how mechanics work. Thanks in Advance for the help!
"
Vennto wrote:
Thanks a lot for your answers guys! Helped a lot :-)

I am coming back with more Questions though. As I said I´m quite new to the game in General (8 Days playing as far as I remember) and have some Questions conserning the mechanics. I would really appreciate some detailled answers :-)

1. As the 2nd most important stat on weapons you´ve listed added chaos Damage. I get that on other gear I preferrably want different Things, but lets assume I find a ring or goves or whatever that have "added chaos dmg" - does that count to our Poison as well or does it only work on the claws?

2. Conserning the jewels: Melee dmg, dmg with claws, increased %poison damage recommended - I was wondering: Does "Damage over time" work as well? Thought Poison is considered dmg over time...

3. The big question. You´ve mentioned on weapons you want added chaos dmg, the chance for poison to deal double dmg, attackspeed and chaos dmg multiplier - so far so good. But what about the Hunter-Based stats like "increased Damage with Poison" (prefix) or "poisons you inflict deal Damage faster" (Suffix)? How do they perform in comparison? Don´t we want them or do we want them additionally if possible? How would that work if we craft a Hunter-based imperial claw then, is the new stat additive or are we still capped on 6 Mods? What about double influenced claws?

Same goes for other stats as "increased Damage over time", "chaos skills have increased %skill effect duration", Hunter-hybrid stat: "adds chaos dmg + attacks with this weapon penetrate chaos resistance", and genereally "increased poison duration". Detailled tips here would be really helpful to get a Deep understanding of the matter at Hand. Or Maybe you could add another section to the build concering the part "how Poison works" and add a mechanic section there?

4. Kind of Fitting for Question 3, but I think simpler: Does "increased melee dmg" Count too? I think yes, since we took nodes in the tree and the skill sais "melee" as well. Just ensure me I´m correct here, thanks :D

I know, that might take some time to answer this detailled but I would really appreaciate it as a new Player to get a Deep understanding of how mechanics work. Thanks in Advance for the help!

instead of the added chaos damage you can take a high increased poison damage as well. thats my opinion and what my pob is telling me on the claws. i just bought em on poe trade and tested all variations in pob. you can add an extra button script what ever in poe trade for copy paste items in pob directly. so i could play a bit with the different options i had cause i didnt wanna craft on so many claws with so many fossils^^
i dont know if you're used to pob but its kinda self explanatory. i am also kinda new but there you will find your answers. i was in the same spot like you with the perfect stats on the claws. so many things that sound great and its all about the 3 keymods author mentioned in guide with one exception. very high increased poison damage on claw (my one 117%) in addition or instead of the added chaos damage deals lots of more damage or the same. at least in my pob xD i would suggest edit the stats in pob and do your experiments. at the end there so much dps in the build that it wont matter that much if u miss a few 100k dps on the claws burning endless currency for the perfect stats. my 2nd curse with temp chains for example gives me 1,2 million shaper dps so dont get stuck in endless rollings for 2 claws xD just compare em and see what you rolled or what poe trade offers and compare em. beside that you can keep rolling :D

https://pastebin.com/5dmw5cek for the case talking bullshit^^

poisons hurts faster, penetrates chaos resistance and last longer? sure why not if you roll em :D bosses melt anyway with this build. i also wanna improve my claws but especially as new player dont get lost in the superhyperendgameluxurycrafting for kinda small damage improvements.
sadly i cant see your character. set it to public so i can take a look. first of all do some levels and you will get some nice damage boost or survivabilty. i also started too early with nice to have gear improvements and forgot abot leveling. i can try to help you a bit with noob advises cause it seems the build isnt supported that much anymore cause most of all players got kinda perfect gear and achieved evrything. i also needa improve other parts of my gear but so far it feels solid in awakener 7 and i could handle 8 as well
Last edited by Sorzki on Feb 19, 2020, 10:13:30 AM
I can at least partially answer your some of your questions and hope others will pile in to add info/correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Yes, added chaos damage on jewelry and other gear will add to all of your attacks. Just make sure the wording IS NOT "adds chaos damage to your spells" because pestilent strike is not a spell, it's an attack. If the wording is only "adds chaos damage" then it applies to both attacks and spells and you're in the clear.

Another thing to note: the mods on your claws that are about claws only apply to the claw they're on. So you need decent mods on both of them.

2. Damage over time does apply to our build and is okay to have especially because jewels are diverse and crafting or buying a perfect or even really really good one might take more currency then you want to sink into that part of the build. However, if you look on https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Viridian+Jewel you'll see that the poison mod has slightly higher values that it rolls so it's generally better.

3. I'm getting the feeling from seeing people's weapons that you can be pretty chill about the claws. You just need good poison claws with the chance to deal 100% more damage mod- it kinda doesn't matter how you get there. That mod is so important because it synergizes with the Pathfinder ascendancy perk that also gives us a chance to deal 100% damage also. I think the two combine to give us 100% chance to deal 100% more damage, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

But I know that can be a sucky answer as a new player. I think it's good to follow Torstein's advice here- use a normal claws, go for the stats you mentioned (or high increased poison dmg like sorzki said). And check POB as you go.

So the mods you end up with will of course be heavily influenced by just what you're able to craft or buy. Pretty much all of the mods you mentioned are useful in varying combinations, which is why I say check POB. We focus so heavily on getting the flat poison damage, chance to do 100% more poison damage, and attack speed for a few reasons.

Attack speed is just good and it's going to enhance basically all facets of the build. Remember we get life on hit, so more hits means more sustain. Yes, our main defense is molten shell and flasks, but good attack speed and getting lots of chances for life on hit means having to use those tools more often. Attack speed also means we can stack poisons faster. Each poison does damage so having a bunch stacked means a bunch of damage.

Chance to deal 100% more damage with poison like I said synergizes with pathfinder, and I'd say it's also where we get a lot of damage from. As pathfinder that's one of our big damage boosts from the ascendancy so you want to work with that boost.

Finally flat chaos damage we want because it scales well. I'm forgetting the exactitudes but basically a lot of how much base damage your poison does comes from how much base damage you have and chaos is more effective for poisons because it has a higher amount use to determine poison then physical.

Also you can use hunter claws- I did because the person teaching me crafting encouraged me to go for double flat chaos dmg mods. But I don't think it's necessarily ideal, especially for crafting your replacements for Wasp Nest.

Oh! Your question about mods where you have the same thing on prefix and suffix. They count as their own seperate mods, tho they'll show up on the item with their combined stats. I'd recommend enabling advanced mod descriptions in game- it's just a check box in your UI settings page. Then you can press alt while looking at an item and see what's a prefix, what's a suffix, tier of rolls, and the range of rolls you can get in that tier.
I just wanted to throw my two cents in and say THANK YOU for the awesome build guide! I'd never done any kind of poison build before, and going with Pestilent Strike / Viper Strike (bosses) worked phenomenally well for me. I tweaked a few things like adding in Plague Bearer like others have mentioned (which really bumps the clear speed up a ton and is basically free damage). Overall FANTASTIC work!

My gear is almost complete. I bricked my first chest piece on a T3 corruption altar qq. But I really just need to metacraft that amulet a bit more (power/endu/frenzy on kill is super nice btw), throw on some catalysts, and I'll be done. I crafted all my own gear except the belt, chest, and rings (got very lucky on those claws in only about 5-7 tries each).

I will also mention that I tried doing the Glorious Vanity jewel (Doryani) to get wither on hit. It was nice for QOL to not have to use the totems, but after painstakingly putting everything into PoB both ways I actually was losing about 1M DPS with it, so I went back to the spell totem for wither. It felt much better after switching back.

I also used a (very large) Thread of Hope jewel on the right side in order to pick up Swift Venoms, Hunter's Gambit, and Revenge of the Hunted for mo' power! Super good.

https://pastebin.com/7ZU8nKHL

GG all and HF with this build!

Last edited by Gandhizzzle on Feb 24, 2020, 1:34:42 AM
idk if im posting my gear right first time but i play on ps4 and this is the best gear i could afford (Perfect form 6l is 10-12ex , claw bases are 2ex) but even with over 45k armour flasks up im still getting 2-3 tapped really quick in t14s.. is there anything else i can do to boost survivability?
"
HieiTheBlue wrote:
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
idk if im posting my gear right first time but i play on ps4 and this is the best gear i could afford (Perfect form 6l is 10-12ex , claw bases are 2ex) but even with over 45k armour flasks up im still getting 2-3 tapped really quick in t14s.. is there anything else i can do to boost survivability?

Hi, are you spamming Molten Shell?
Until you get Perfect Form you could spec into Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics. You will drop in armour to 20k+ but that's still respectable amount of armour for using (Vaal) Molten Shell.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Gandhizzzle wrote:
I just wanted to throw my two cents in and say THANK YOU for the awesome build guide! I'd never done any kind of poison build before, and going with Pestilent Strike / Viper Strike (bosses) worked phenomenally well for me. I tweaked a few things like adding in Plague Bearer like others have mentioned (which really bumps the clear speed up a ton and is basically free damage). Overall FANTASTIC work!

My gear is almost complete. I bricked my first chest piece on a T3 corruption altar qq. But I really just need to metacraft that amulet a bit more (power/endu/frenzy on kill is super nice btw), throw on some catalysts, and I'll be done. I crafted all my own gear except the belt, chest, and rings (got very lucky on those claws in only about 5-7 tries each).

I will also mention that I tried doing the Glorious Vanity jewel (Doryani) to get wither on hit. It was nice for QOL to not have to use the totems, but after painstakingly putting everything into PoB both ways I actually was losing about 1M DPS with it, so I went back to the spell totem for wither. It felt much better after switching back.

I also used a (very large) Thread of Hope jewel on the right side in order to pick up Swift Venoms, Hunter's Gambit, and Revenge of the Hunted for mo' power! Super good.

https://pastebin.com/7ZU8nKHL

GG all and HF with this build!

Spoiler

Tyvm for the feedback!

I'm glad you had good time in Metamorph and that you gave your personal touch to the build. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info