[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Checked this thread on a whim like I always do at the beginning of each league and was so hyped to see "Update in Progress". Can't wait to play this again!
Any idea if this will be ssf viable? Remember playing this back in the day before the poison changes and pretty hyped to play it again
"
dumptruckzzz wrote:
I'm excited for this update, might need to return to poison claws after a year off.

Can anyone clue me into required uniques for this version beyond, I assume, Wasp's Nest for leveling/early maps? I can wait for the updated guide/POB too if that will be coming soon.

The only ones I can currently think of are Witchfire Brew and Circle of Nostalgia for huge DPS boosts, but you should be able to clear red maps without them.
Last edited by Hagigamer on Dec 7, 2022, 11:45:22 AM
Patch Notes: „The Tribal Fury Notable Passive Skill no longer has "Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy". It now has "Melee Strike Skills deal Splash Damage to surrounding targets".“

Am I wrong or is this a pretty huge buff for playing the VS version of this build? I mean it clears up a gem slot, doesn‘t it?
"
Helbelinc1 wrote:
Patch Notes: „The Tribal Fury Notable Passive Skill no longer has "Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy". It now has "Melee Strike Skills deal Splash Damage to surrounding targets".“

Am I wrong or is this a pretty huge buff for playing the VS version of this build? I mean it clears up a gem slot, doesn‘t it?

I guess we'll have to test it. The support gem also increases the AoE radius for the splash damage. The new Tribal Fury passive doesn't, so I'm not really counting on it. I played Viper Strike last league (only after reaching lvl 90) and it was ok to map with Melee Splash in the place of Melee Physical Damage, and only swap for big bosses.

little teaser :P

"
Helbelinc1 wrote:

Yep, mapping with VS is an option while you'll have to sacrifice anointment.

"
Any idea if this will be ssf viable? Remember playing this back in the day before the poison changes and pretty hyped to play it again

It's not really ssf friendly, but some stripped down version could be made. Overall there are prob better ssf builds.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 7, 2022, 7:32:26 PM
Love the Build and will use it as a reference. But i got a question, was only able to view at briefly until now, but what i noticed is you probably can't achieve perma flask with it, without flask nodes.

All flask are set to active with a uptime around 20-40% (can't remember) and without them EHP dips quite a bit. Shouldn't you invest in some flask nodes or did i miss something?

I mean with mob kills it can be achieved but against bosses it could be hard.
oh wow, this looks so much tankier! nice job you guys.

love the implementation of purity of elements and the combo of an onslaught ring + avatar of the chase is VERY good. it has even more aps with mistwall than the 3.19 dual wielding version :D
going with a "cant be evaded" craft on the claw is also going to be the endgoal, since we are really starved for skillpoints.

definitely gonna leaguestart with this build and just as reference for all the people wanting to see how mapping is, i recorded a map with a version that had way worse defense about 2 months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stcDB53D-tw

again big thanks @torstein for all the work you put into this guide.
i just love the playstyle and the principle of tackling all aspects of the game on ONE build, that gets progressively better with dumping reasonable currency into it :)
"
akunadin wrote:
Love the Build and will use it as a reference. But i got a question, was only able to view at briefly until now, but what i noticed is you probably can't achieve perma flask with it, without flask nodes.

All flask are set to active with a uptime around 20-40% (can't remember) and without them EHP dips quite a bit. Shouldn't you invest in some flask nodes or did i miss something?

I mean with mob kills it can be achieved but against bosses it could be hard.

I played this back before the Claw hard nerf. Flask Uptime was no problem during mapping. During bossing, I couldn't keep flasks up - but due to extreme tankiness I didn't even need flasks for the endgame bosses (except when tanking Shaper Beam).
I made this build on harvest league and it was very fun. Just one question: It's a good league starter or we need to start with an other build and make it after few days/ one week?

Thanks for the update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info