[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Poison builds are basically dead with removal of the Elder mod. I'll wait to see the patch notes but i'm not holding my hopes up.

Pretty out of touch changes.
the defensive mechanics are still good, I think only the skill and class will have to be changed (for example, I tried frost blades), of course the build is completely different, but the game is the same .
Last edited by Hangoryng on Apr 12, 2021, 8:08:16 PM

"
the defensive mechanics are still good, I think only the skill and class will have to be changed (for example, I tried ice blades), of course the build is completely different, but the game is the same .

Yeah the defense-mechanic is still working but that does not save this build as no one wants to hit on Sirus for 5 min straight in the last phase.
"The Elder-influenced Weapon modifiers that grant a chance for Poisons or Bleeds inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage have been removed. In their place, Elder-influenced Weapons can now roll a new Local Poison or Bleed Damage over Time Multiplier modifier. The double damage chance modifiers were too multiplicatively powerful for these builds, providing power that only the modifier granted, so they've been changed to an effect that is additive with other Bleed/Poison damage multipliers."

From the manifesto...really hurts this build.
"
JayCy wrote:
"The Elder-influenced Weapon modifiers that grant a chance for Poisons or Bleeds inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage have been removed. In their place, Elder-influenced Weapons can now roll a new Local Poison or Bleed Damage over Time Multiplier modifier. The double damage chance modifiers were too multiplicatively powerful for these builds, providing power that only the modifier granted, so they've been changed to an effect that is additive with other Bleed/Poison damage multipliers."

Yep, it's pretty hammered.
My own idiot testing in PoB for this nerf (straight removing the mod from claws, replacing it with a T4 Poison damage mod from Hunter) only resulted in ~18-22% DPS decrease for a Viper Strike Clawsfinder I had in Ritual, which honestly isn't that bad? Going from 10 million DPS to 8.3 is whatever in my book, and it's a damn sight better than what's happened to the poor bow versions. It turns out that poison on ranged attacks was held up by that load-bearing mod!
"
"
JayCy wrote:

Yep, it's pretty hammered.

Its pretty hammered, but dont you have a video of good gear + wasps nest still killing A8. We basically just have to be able to craft something better than wasps nest to at least still be decent right? It definitely gets hurt but is the build DoA? I enjoyed it in 3.13 and really wanted to league start this in 3.14
Last edited by AustereSpoon on Apr 12, 2021, 10:38:46 PM
League-starting with the build should be perfectly fine, it's just that fights with endgame bosses will take a bit longer. Honestly it's still way the hell ahead from when I first played a Clawsfinder back in like... Metamorph? Blight? Back then I was happy when I first broke like 3 million fully-charged DPS but now you can get that without trying very hard. It's gotten weaker for no particularly justifiable reason, but it's not like a Molten Strike level armageddon here.
Well, there goes a good chunk of our damage, gone with the wind.

However, I noticed something interesting in manifesto, from nerfs to poison sextant:
"
Note to partially compensate as we believe self-Poison is an interesting playstyle, we have added a new Unique item that retains the Damage and Movement Speed per Poison stats. However these stats will now be capped at a specific value.

Sextant selfpoison gave 12% increased damage per poison, which resulted in 1200% increased damage on 100 poisons, even if it is capped at 1/4th of that, it should still be awesome.

We will have to see what slot that new item takes, but it could potentially be enough to kinda compensate for the nerf, taking that new item slot + the golden rule jewel might be viable for boosting dps. However it comes with downside of getting unaffected by poison mod somewhere.
According to some people we need 150-200% multi to compensate, never gonna happen on a single mod or local poison from elder, but hunter's mods could be tempting.

I dont think the build is dead, but at first glance it hurts :(

Curious about patch notes :)
Last edited by indigoBot on Apr 13, 2021, 1:19:48 AM
Deleted
Last edited by Gangrelet on Apr 13, 2021, 2:55:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info