[3.16] ShakCentral's (Pre-3.16 Skill Tree) Leveling Guides

Vortex tree is outdated now
"
vradi wrote:
"
ThirdProphecy wrote:
I noticed in Act 8 the skill nodes aren't the same anymore as whats in your screenshot (circled at the top). I'm guessing those were AOE or Mana nodes but I can't tell. Do you have a suggestion of what to change them to?

It's Arcane Expanse... it moved and actually saves us a few points.

Thanks for noting this. I was wondering the same thing. Came here to see if I could find some info about what happened to the nodes.

It made it easy for me to just search for "Arcane Expanse" and find those nodes.
I have been trying the Vortex levelling build and the bosses seem eternal, they just wont die. Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is with OoS and WoC?
"
majiapowa wrote:
I have been trying the Vortex levelling build and the bosses seem eternal, they just wont die. Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is with OoS and WoC?

Same here... I guess the links for Lightning Spire Trap for single target are really important...
But I wonder whether the levelling guide really is accurate...? For instance, there are several mentions of linking Stormblast Mine with Arcane Surge whereas AS doesn't work with mines... I'm a bit at loss here, it's my first time levelling a character with Orb of Storm and I feel very weak. ^^
Just did a little practice run to the start of Act 6. This is a GREAT guide. I love it.

The boss damage with WOC & OOS was no problem for me and I found it tanky enough to just sit there and hold down WOC, just Flame Dashing every once in a while and re-summoning the OOS.

The one problem I ran into was none (except BBBB) of the recommended 4 links were for sale or dropped all the way through 3, 4, and 5. I threw the chromes I picked up at some but still no dice. I find that is usually the case leveling a new league, 4 links just aren't my luck. Plenty of 4 links with red, or all green bows.

Kitava took a bit, but only died twice on the OOS & WOC 3 link (no trap).

Looking forward to giving this a go less than a week from now in Harvest.
"
Acaila_edhel wrote:
Just did a little practice run to the start of Act 6. This is a GREAT guide. I love it.

The boss damage with WOC & OOS was no problem for me and I found it tanky enough to just sit there and hold down WOC, just Flame Dashing every once in a while and re-summoning the OOS.

The one problem I ran into was none (except BBBB) of the recommended 4 links were for sale or dropped all the way through 3, 4, and 5. I threw the chromes I picked up at some but still no dice. I find that is usually the case leveling a new league, 4 links just aren't my luck. Plenty of 4 links with red, or all green bows.

Kitava took a bit, but only died twice on the OOS & WOC 3 link (no trap).

Looking forward to giving this a go less than a week from now in Harvest.

Yeah, RNG really messes with us sometimes... ^^
For my part, only one 4L, and no MS boots whatsoever, at vendors or as drops... I don't think that's ever happened to me before. (I'm currently in A5)

As far as DPS is concerned, I don't know... It seems to be working fine for you, but most of my boss fights so far have been pretty hard and long, some resulting in multiple deaths. Maybe there's something I'm missing. I'll try again tomorrow.
(Clear is fine, though.)

Still puzzled about that Stormblast Mine + Arcane Surge combo. ^^;
Hi ShakCentral,

Great guide, thanks.

It would be good to additionally know which skills are mundane mob skills, and which are specific for bosses in the leveling guide. As we switch around skills quite a bit in the acts, sometimes it feels like, "will I actually use all of these skills". Clearly, many are situational. That would really help a lot.

Also, will you be updating the leveling Tree images for 3.11? I think quite a few are no longer the same, and as I understand from the comments, there may be a possibility of saving a few points.

Last but not the least, did I see a Better Call Saul reference in the guide? :D
Spoiler
kill Tuko?
Last edited by infrasonicreturns on Jun 15, 2020, 3:17:54 PM
The Vortex leveling guide is long overdue for an update, and this league looks like it's going to bring further changes to the leveling process. Right now I'm still undecided on my leveling. I might actually try a full on Elementalist purifying flame and respec later on. I'll update this if I can before league start, but I'm still working on the main guide and PoB updates so I'm not sure if I'll be able to.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jun 17, 2020, 4:43:41 PM
Shak,

You don't have to go in and change everything. So much to do and so little time. This was going to be my first league doing the OOS & WOC leveling thing. Can you just post here in the thread what the general ideas you are thinking about RE: leveling?

Thanks a ton.
"
Acaila_edhel wrote:
Shak,

You don't have to go in and change everything. So much to do and so little time. This was going to be my first league doing the OOS & WOC leveling thing. Can you just post here in the thread what the general ideas you are thinking about RE: leveling?

Thanks a ton.

I'm actively working on my leveling setup at this moment. highly recommend joining the Discord link from the main guide. I'll be putting my setup for tomorrow in there shortly
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info