Unnatural Strength not affecting support gems

One thing that I have always loved about PoE is that GGG has been very precise and consistent in their wording and terminology.
In this case, however, they are not. As I already showed in my previous post, this is not the case here. The wording used in items that boost the level of active skill gems is different from that used in a passive skill that boosts the level of active skill gems.
That's the crux of my argument here, one word should be added to the description of Unnatural Strength in order to be consistent with other modifiers with similar effects.

"
Pathological wrote:
Agnerod staves do not give levels to support gems with matching tags; only to skill gems. Ditto with consuming dark.

They affect every gem, regardless of whether it's active or support, which has both the "fire" and "spell" tags (for CD) or the "lightning" and "spell" tag (for Agnerods).
Now go look closer at Unnatural Strength. It affects every gem with both the "minion" and "spell" tag.
They are consistent in their effects, however they are not consistent in the written descriptions
"
Subhuman_01 wrote:
One thing that I have always loved about PoE is that GGG has been very precise and consistent in their wording and terminology.
In this case, however, they are not. As I already showed in my previous post, this is not the case here. The wording used in items that boost the level of active skill gems is different from that used in a passive skill that boosts the level of active skill gems.
That's the crux of my argument here, one word should be added to the description of Unnatural Strength in order to be consistent with other modifiers with similar effects.

"
Pathological wrote:
Agnerod staves do not give levels to support gems with matching tags; only to skill gems. Ditto with consuming dark.

They affect every gem, regardless of whether it's active or support, which has both the "fire" and "spell" tags (for CD) or the "lightning" and "spell" tag (for Agnerods).
Now go look closer at Unnatural Strength. It affects every gem with both the "minion" and "spell" tag.
They are consistent in their effects, however they are not consistent in the written descriptions
Since you seem to think you know how the game works, maybe explain why my screenshots from a couple minutes ago say you're wrong:
Spoiler

Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Subhuman_01 wrote:

"
Pathological wrote:

Since you seem to think you know how the game works, maybe explain why my screenshots from a couple minutes ago say you're wrong:
Spoiler

Not really sure what you are getting at here? Pretty sure he was correct in what he said. The items only affect gems which have "insert element type" and "spell" in their tags.

Added fire does not have "spell" or "skill" in its tag.

I see no issues with the wording of unnatural strength, and it not applying to supports. Support gems are not skills, and therefore are not included..
Then I guess I just didn't understand what he was saying by "They affect every gem, regardless of whether it's active or support, which has both the "fire" and "spell" tags (for CD)...". Why does he say "active or support"? Which support gems is he talking about?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 30, 2019, 11:23:14 PM
I am assuming he means theoretically.

Afaik, there are zero skill gems in the game that have both fire and spell as tags.

~Myth
"
mark1030 wrote:
Then I guess I just didn't understand what he was saying by "They affect every gem, regardless of whether it's active or support, which has both the "fire" and "spell" tags (for CD)...". Why does he say "active or support"? Which support gems is he talking about?
I think he meant "if there is a gem that has both Fire and Spell tags then it should be affected by CD regardless if it is active or support gem". We just don't have support gems with both "fire" and "spell" tags yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info