An Update About the Launch of Path of Exile: Blight on Xbox One

"
MURD3RMACH1N3 wrote:
But hey, on the bright side. I have never seen the Xbox community this active and engaged

But I want the blight side, not the bright side!
"
MURD3RMACH1N3 wrote:
But hey, on the BLIGHT side. I have never seen the Xbox community this active and engaged

Fixed it
"
wittybread wrote:
"
MURD3RMACH1N3 wrote:
But hey, on the bright side. I have never seen the Xbox community this active and engaged

But I want the blight side, not the bright side!

Damn got me there...
One of the things the “PC truthers” don’t understand is the fact that a large portion of the XBOX community are PC OG’s. The group that helped lift PoE above D2/D3. I pulled numerous friends from D2 to PoE back in the day. I stopped playing PC once life got crazy... was no longer in college and having to work multiple jobs to get by. Eventually, met the love of my life and had a kiddo. I don’t have a PC to game on anymore and like being able to play XBOX version now because I can do it from the living room while hanging with wife, after kiddos in bed.

PC players try to make us seem like teenagers that learned about PoE after it launched on XBOX but they’re very wrong.
"
wittybread wrote:
One of the things the “PC truthers” don’t understand is the fact that a large portion of the XBOX community are PC OG’s. The group that helped lift PoE above D2/D3. I pulled numerous friends from D2 to PoE back in the day. I stopped playing PC once life got crazy... was no longer in college and having to work multiple jobs to get by. Eventually, met the love of my life and had a kiddo. I don’t have a PC to game on anymore and like being able to play XBOX version now because I can do it from the living room while hanging with wife, after kiddos in bed.

PC players try to make us seem like teenagers that learned about PoE after it launched on XBOX but they’re very wrong.

Very true
We need to elect a chosen one to go to exilecon on our behalf. I can just picture Chris taking questions from the crowd:
"What do you plan to do about the horrendous stability and lack of communication with your console playerbase?'

"Yes there will be plenty of carnival clown MTX to choose from! Next question please!"

It's good to see everyone on the console forums, if for no other reason than to show GGG that we exist. I feel for the mods but they kinda dug their own graves with this one. Especially considering we've gotten more responses from them tonight than we did during all of legion
on Xbox One, every patch goes through a 5-day review by the certification team. If the patch fails the review for some reason, they have to restart the process over again. They try to uncover issues as the process unfolds so that they can cancel and restart early if needed, but sometimes they only find out about issues after the 5-day process is complete. They have released one CU (Content Update, i.e. Patch) for Xbox so far that failed, and have a second one in with the Cert team right now making its way through internal review, and hopefully we’ll hear something about it tomorrow (at the earliest).
Xbox patches take so much longer than PC or PS4

That said, this version of the game will be a week behind the others in terms of patches...
Very true and good point, it has been much more active and many more responses from them. I am just hoping after all this, it isn’t a “hey sorry guys new league tomorrow for Xbox”——-now that would be killer, don’t mind waiting, as long as they are here with us and working on it as well which they have been doing. Hope it’s not a delay announcement lkl
"
tendency2burn wrote:
We need to elect a chosen one to go to exilecon on our behalf. I can just picture Chris taking questions from the crowd:
"What do you plan to do about the horrendous stability and lack of communication with your console playerbase?'

"Yes there will be plenty of carnival clown MTX to choose from! Next question please!"

It's good to see everyone on the console forums, if for no other reason than to show GGG that we exist. I feel for the mods but they kinda dug their own graves with this one. Especially considering we've gotten more responses from them tonight than we did during all of legion

Exactly. We exist, and to us our platform of the game is the one that matters. I am glad that other releases are doing well, because by proxy that allows the matters we deal with to be resolved quicker. The game as a whole needs to do well or we all fall. It's a great community and game as a whole on all platforms. But console players specifically do not enjoy the ability to just click a website, see the league timer countdown and at this point, just assume that their game will "work". We expect an issue, we expect a crash, encountering a high density pack with a build that has a lot of effects will always have a chance of the infamous BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR noise and black screen. and we suffer for our love of the game. More effort should be put into the console forum. as well as a specific league countdown on the console page. we exist and care as much as any other subset of players

lol!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info