The Carnival Mystery Box

I've never felt the need to comment on these before but this mystery box is abysmal. It's almost like Glimmerwood but much less inspired. One thing I loved about the other mystery boxes was that there's a lot of variety. Even if the theme isn't quite my thing, I can at least look forward to getting something unique. For example, the portals and weapons from the Glimmerwood box look great on their own and match a lot of sets already in the game.

The purple set is too similar to the madcap design and nothing in the box really stands out on its own except maybe the Parakeet Pet and Harlequin Portal. The footprints are just worse versions of the Glimmerwood ones. The rest of the items are too strongly themed to really match anything else. The design isn't on par with previous boxes and it's not nearly as creative. There was absolutely nothing in the video I was excited about getting which is just sad because I usually love the stuff you guys come out with.

I also very much hate the new combine mechanic. Are we no longer getting original combined sets? I love the idea of being able to get rid of duplicate set items but the option to combine the two sets together was what made mystery boxes so great. Now we just get to change the colour of the item if we have a duplicate. That's very lame if you ask me.

When I first saw this in the Frontier box, I thought this meant we could combine duplicate set items of the same type for a different colour in addition to the previous mechanic where we could get an entirely new set for combining two full sets. Why is this not possible? Can you not just spend less time on the recolours so that you can fit in the time to create a proper combined set?

I'm quite disappointed to say the least but at least you guys are saving me some money I guess. Hopefully you come out with some better stuff in the future.

Edit: I remember when the Fall of Oriath packs came out people were complaining about them looking bad. The Kitava and Beast ones especially. After seeing this I kind of regret not buying one of the higher tier packs. They did look a bit odd but compared to this they were a godsend.
Last edited by Cosmic711 on Sep 9, 2019, 4:10:56 AM
You guys were alright with celestial soul rend cats, but this is overkill? Makes 0 sense about integrity. While this box isn't my thing, but I'd sooner accept it over the former.
Gostei, até que fim algo diferente....
"
Frogfriend wrote:
Wow I've never before watched a video for a mystery box and seen absolutely nothing worth spending any amount of money for.

I wouldn't wear this MTX if it was free.
I could not agree more. This is dumb. I thought it was not so hard to figure out what the community finds super cool lol... Interesting fact, for the in game npc's they sure have MTX we would love to buy such as the guards of Oriath, and of course, they went all wrong with the MTX when it was the opportunity with the box.
"
Frogfriend wrote:
Wow I've never before watched a video for a mystery box and seen absolutely nothing worth spending any amount of money for.

I wouldn't wear this MTX if it was free.

Same. I might pick up a portal effect after it's released in the store but I can't imagine ever wearing this stuff.
what de actual fuck?
Life is short, deal with it.
Now, all we need is Clown MTX for Zombies.
Just wanna ask when will the next stash sale release?
It seems my reaction to these MTX is on the polar opposite end of 90% of the fanbase. I had taken a lengthy break from POE. Revamped poison mechanics/skills. Badass killer clown MTX. Take my money!
The harlequin sets, imo, look sick asf with the new poison skills. It looks seriously dark/grungy on a shadow spitting out green poison projectiles!

Last edited by caged_rage666 on Sep 9, 2019, 4:00:52 PM
Well... I see someone is excited about It: Chapter 2 and the Joker movies coming out :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info