[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

hey, sorry for the hassle. I just really want to understand this build

does that mean that volatile dead is easily consuming all the corpses produced from desecrate? and doesnt that mean that if you used unearth you could fix that.
"
A_Rock_I_Am wrote:
hey, sorry for the hassle. I just really want to understand this build

does that mean that volatile dead is easily consuming all the corpses produced from desecrate? and doesnt that mean that if you used unearth you could fix that.

Between VD and Spirit Offering you will consume most of the 10 corpses desecrate generates. VD consumes 3 and Offering Consumes 5.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Dec 15, 2019, 2:51:12 PM
Hey !
Quick question, using your build for the first time, looks tons of fun. But there's something I don't get, the tree seems heavily oriented towards crit, but you have Controlled Destruction linked to Volatile Dead everywhere I saw, how does that work ?

Cheers

Edit : Nevermind me, I'm stupid.
Last edited by Woute on Dec 15, 2019, 4:45:19 PM
Great build!

One Question: How are we generating power charges? only from block?
I something get 1 charge, but the chances seems really low.

Thanks!
Last edited by smallsea_turtle on Dec 15, 2019, 8:39:26 PM
"
Great build!

Thanks!

I have assassins mark on cwdt with desecrate and spell cascade. You could also put PCoC Support on one of the cwdt spells.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Great build!

Thanks!

I have assassins mark on cwdt with desecrate and spell cascade. You could also put PCoC Support on one of the cwdt spells.

I was thinking about that.
I'll try it out.

Thanks.
hey,

just had an idea that probably won't work, but I really hope it does. instead of having the VD on the cwc setup, could you have it in a separate cwdt setup instead? This would mean that cyclone is all by itself and VD is being cast every 0.25 instead of 0.35.

i think the order of cwdt goes Main hand ⇒ Amulet ⇒ Helm ⇒ Off hand ⇒ Body armour ⇒ Gloves ⇒ Boots according to the wiki.

This would mean that you would have to put your desecrate cwdt setup in your main hand to cast first. You could pair this up with the wave of conviction, ball lightning, etc. You then put AG, spectre and auras in your helm and offhand. Then you would have VD in your body and you would have an extra link because its not with cyclone. then you would have the offerings in either the gloves or boots. This would ensure that the VD is always summoning 3 balls.

Anyway, this is probably completely wrong but I just wanted to check with you

ty
"
A_Rock_I_Am wrote:
hey,

just had an idea that probably won't work, but I really hope it does. instead of having the VD on the cwc setup, could you have it in a separate cwdt setup instead? This would mean that cyclone is all by itself and VD is being cast every 0.25 instead of 0.35.

i think the order of cwdt goes Main hand ⇒ Amulet ⇒ Helm ⇒ Off hand ⇒ Body armour ⇒ Gloves ⇒ Boots according to the wiki.

This would mean that you would have to put your desecrate cwdt setup in your main hand to cast first. You could pair this up with the wave of conviction, ball lightning, etc. You then put AG, spectre and auras in your helm and offhand. Then you would have VD in your body and you would have an extra link because its not with cyclone. then you would have the offerings in either the gloves or boots. This would ensure that the VD is always summoning 3 balls.

Anyway, this is probably completely wrong but I just wanted to check with you

ty

If your VD is on CWDT and you want it to proc very often, your CWDT must be lvl 1 and your VD will be about lvl 3 or 4 so it won't do much damage.
hey,

so normally you're taking 528 damage per cwdt proc. thats over 2000 per second. if I make the cwdt lvl 20 so it can support a lvl 20 VD, it would require 3272 per proc, or 13088 per second. Is it possible to a) increase the mana cost of cyclone to do that much damage and b) be able to heal that back?

Could use a few fevered minds to increase the mana cost

to deal with the damage, you could get MoM along with Battle Rouse, rings crafted with damage taken gained as mana as well as a watchers eye. Im not sure if this is enough.
Last edited by A_Rock_I_Am on Dec 16, 2019, 12:50:24 AM
Gryph, in some of the videos you posted, how are you self sustaining mana? Right now I'm stuck in a weird spot where I spend mana like crazy. Even with the enduring mana pot going, after a few seconds it starts to drain and I go oom.

Another thing, I'm having dps issues for sure. I only have 5L but I'm not generating that many balls. I think I read VD every 0.3 sec or something? But I spawn 3 balls every second or so. And while it's fine for map clears (still on white tier), bosses take some time to die.

Last edited by Washow on Dec 16, 2019, 1:54:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info