[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius wrote:

Juicy T16 metamorphs are kinda 1-shooted now with some precast till they appear :)

can you make some video ot dat 1-shooting?)
and aw8 Sirius)
"
archwerewolf wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

Juicy T16 metamorphs are kinda 1-shooted now with some precast till they appear :)

can you make some video ot dat 1-shooting?)
and aw8 Sirius)

Why, you don't believe me? :))

Video of deathless Awaken level 8 Sirius i posted it here few days ago, here is the link again if you missed it! It was my first one deathless!

https://youtu.be/EVIlTjj4RO4

Will try to record some Metamorphs killings and make a compilation even if i don't know how to edit videos :)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 30, 2019, 1:30:53 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:

Why, you don't believe me? :))

Video of deathless Awaken level 8 Sirius i posted it here few days ago, here is the link again if you missed it! It was my first one deathless!

https://youtu.be/EVIlTjj4RO4

Will try to record some Metamorphs killings and make a compilation even if i don't know how to edit videos :)

i believe you)
just wana see such melting metamorphs)
How's the survivability on this build? I'm currently playing a HoAG mana guardian that's super tanky but clears like shit and thinking of switching things up.

And how much does it cost to get going?
Last edited by ElJesse on Dec 30, 2019, 2:21:41 PM
"
ElJesse wrote:
How's the survivability on this build? I'm currently playing a HoAG mana guardian that's super tanky but clears like shit and thinking of switching things up.

And how much does it cost to get going?

Survivability i think is over average, with ~10K ES you can do T14-T16 with rippy mods with no issues almost as long as you have a Watcher Eye with +ES gain on hit whith Discipline, Aspect of the Spider, Flesh and Stone, CWDT-IC setup, Enfeeble in the curse setup, at least 2000 Intelligence and you don't sleep in maps.

This build with 10K ES and around 2000 intelligence can do Uber Elder pretty easy (i did it myself in the past with those values in a 1 month race)

Regarding cost, if you don't include the watcher's eye i think that with 7-8 exalts you are good to go.

Min-Max gear on the other hand is kinda expensive, if you want to facetank almost everything including Sirius and UE it will cost "a bit" more.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 30, 2019, 2:42:37 PM
Survivability is actually really nice, once you get that ES on hit Watchers Eye. Before that it's good but not that tanky.

I play a different full Unique Witch Aurabot Whispering Ice Version in Standard, altho Scion would be the better choice.

I am missing Aspect of the Spider and Enfeeble in my build. and I hardly rip to content, so I'd say WI has enough survivability even if you daviate a bit.

As Lilianmarius said, we have 10k+ES and a lot of sustain.
Last edited by Necro_42739 on Dec 30, 2019, 4:10:32 PM
Lilian i did it with 95 lvl) to put spider aspect i just removed Foresight and 1 es node to it
so -400ES but +8k av hit)
"
Survivability is actually really nice, once you get that ES on hit Watchers Eye. Before that it's good but not that tanky.

I think the WE is a must on tier 14+

Saying that... it's all about perspective, after playing max block 2 leagues in a row I often die in some stupid ways where (for different reasons) there is damage but there is nothing to hit. :)

I honestly got lazy...

And also, below 10k ES there is at least few things that can 1 shot you.
Last edited by Tr1d on Dec 30, 2019, 5:27:14 PM
couple of questions, coming from a partial noob. This is by far the furthest i've gotten as well as the most fun i've had playing PoE in the 2 years i've played on and off.

when you guys are crafting the retardedly good vaal regalia's and the helms and stuff with the % int etc, i understand starting from the basic white, using a transmute to make it blue and then spamming alterations until you get it like a t1 int and %int roll, or %int and energy shield or w/e along those lines. how do you reliably get to the +6 mods from there? regal to a rare, that gives you 3, but then what? you enchant for another mod that gets you to 4, how do you add the other 2 mods at that point? i'm still trying to work to a good base blue set to attempt upgrading from so any and all direction, whether its actual advice or links to in depth crafting videos would be helpful cause most of what i found either just doesnt help or is from patches ago so i feel like they dont necessarily hold up anymore.

second question, i bought a pair of badass fingerless silk gloves with +20 aspect of the spider, but even with sovereignty, i cant have flesh and stone, discipline and arctic armour up, thats 75% reserved for those 3 and aspect sits at 28% reserved. would lowering gem levels result in lessened costs or do i have to +quality them? i can't really find anything online though i maybe havent searched as thoroughly as i possibly could have, but thats why i came here to the experts!
Last edited by dyst20 on Dec 30, 2019, 6:55:02 PM
Just fought Sirus for the first time with this exact build and I lost miserably. Got him halfway but can't deal with him covering the screen with nonsense and running.Just want to let other noobs or anyone else thinking about trying this build that the build is mostly fine until you hit T14+ maps and then it feels like the damage is just weak compared to literally any other build. Further, this build has an atrocious time dealing with some of Sirus mechanics.

I will recommend you literally play any of Mathil's builds for Ascendant or anything with stupid DPS like miner. This one unfortunately costs tons of currency just to struggle with the end game maps and the end game boss. Unless ofcourse you have a mirror worth of gear like the OP, than feel free to build anything because enough currency can make anything godlike and amazing.

Sorry OP, Whispering Ice for the cost of it's build is just worse than literally any other character with any other Ascendancy. Even plain raider is probably much better and cheaper to gear. Anyway, I'm done with my rant. Spending 60 hours to feel this underwhelming is not a good feeling. Now it's off me, I'm good. Good luck to anyone that dares to try and make this a top tier build.
Last edited by Gendark2 on Dec 30, 2019, 7:01:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info