[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Averil62 wrote:
Hm. I did buy a +130 or so int ring and tried it, but it resulted in a lower overall int, I think. I will try replacing the unique ring next. I do like the additional res.

Comparing the synthesised (or corrupted if very lucky) rings with an implicit +%int to the mirrored ones with typically over +150 flat int can be done via Path of Building (PoB). You can import your character there and then copy items from trade so you can directly compare before spending money on them and maybe wasting it.

The mirrored ones are usually (a lot) cheaper, plus if you snipe a good one you can get a lot of resists out of it, which might be worth even if it's a tiny loss in intellect.
"
habsare24 wrote:
can anyone walk me through the pob for this as the damage seems way lower on pob then in game? pob is https://pastebin.com/37Zz3hk0 saying 500k dps at almost 2.9k int

The closest you can do is up the count of Icestorms to 25 under skills (only 5 icestorms at a time can be up, and an icicle drops once every 0.2s - 5 times per second, so 5*5 icicles per second).

For you, this brings you to a total of 27.5mil dps with the selfcast version and 14.4mil with the cyclone coc one.

Do keep in mind that the real dps will likely be lower because very few enemies will stay stationary long enough to actually get hit by all icicles like the calculation assumes.
@Drufearr -- oh thank you for pointing out that PoB feature! I had not noticed it before. Now I'm up to 55m dps, sweet! It's all about the numbers...
What do you guys think about this build in 3.20 with all those unique jewels gone / becoming much harder to obtain?
"
SGBye wrote:
What do you guys think about this build in 3.20 with all those unique jewels gone / becoming much harder to obtain?

It's a big hit, but the build has been done without them before IIRC.
"
SGBye wrote:

will be more expensive to get the %reservation brute forces to fit hatrade or instead need a lvl 5 awakened enlighten.

In general, to swap for WI on the beginning of the league will be harder, since need lots of brute forces / fertile mind to have a decent int and do damage on yelow maps, so its better buy all jewels before swap (my recomendation).

On hi-end builds, just 5 Brute Forces + 1 Fertile mind needed with %reservation to fit hatred or play without it, is not a big deal, just 20% less damage.

I'm not sure if the new versions of BF and FM will be able to have any implicit, it will impact on trickster and occultist versions.

Scion versions seems to be ok, harder to start, less damage overall, but still in a regular spot to do all game content with enought effort. Like aways slowly but surely!
Is Scion still the recommended ascendancy for a beginner or does Trickster's sustain and leech make it easier?
@whiterockxx: the new BF/FM are corrupted only. Presumably, when you get them via a corrupt, you get an implicit sometime -- I assume! We will find out. (GGG hasn't said anything about the div cards that give FM -- maybe they overlooked them!)

@Palts: if you're a beginner, stick with the Trickster version. Or even if you're an expert. The Trickster version is by far the tankier (though it's possible the templar variation is also tanky.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 3, 2022, 8:31:11 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
@whiterockxx: the new BF/FM are corrupted only. Presumably, when you get them via a corrupt, you get an implicit sometime -- I assume! We will find out. (GGG hasn't said anything about the div cards that give FM -- maybe they overlooked them!)

It's unlikely. You can just check for yourself: There's exactly zero "Brittle Barriers" with at least one implicit for trade anywhere - Standard, league, online, or offline, and that's one of the Vaal conversion jewels.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/G2VQKoYub

One might be able to get them from the divination cards that give corrupted jewels with implicits, but I'm not sure.

Of course, they might have changed the process so implicits can appear, but I have a feeling they'd have mentioned it given how often it's been brought up.
"
Palts wrote:
Is Scion still the recommended ascendancy for a beginner or does Trickster's sustain and leech make it easier?

I recommend respec into whispering ice only after have jewels enought to do it... coz it will be little pain to get then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info