[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hello,

I love the build and everything, but I seem to run out of mana way too fast. Should I go back to a 5L or 4L from my current 6L to lower my mana costs? Currently running cyclone-CwC, Arcane Surge, Concentrated Effect, Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus socketed on my Whispering Ice.

If this setup is still fine, where can I look for mana leech or anything to sustain my mana?

Thank you!
You only need to link CWC-Cyclone. If you're using inspiration, link that too. That's all. Don't run a 4L or higher.
"
Kassakos wrote:
"
Kassakos wrote:
So, 1 week in scourge and I've spent about 3.5ex so far.
I have around 2,280 Int and 6,990 ES.

Damage:
Damage feels just "ok", to be honest I expected a lot more with more than 2k Int.

Defences:
As for defences, the build feels way too squishy.
Resistances are difficult to cap, and I'm not even wearing the Stampede boots to make room for some more resistances.
I can definitely feel that leeching is not performing as fast as it should and sometimes I will get 1-shot out of nowhere (even with all flasks up and tons of enemies to leech from).

Notable fights:
-A8 Conquerors take some time to kill (except Al-Hezmin, once he stops moving he's easy prey) but Baran especially is 1-shot fest (even lost all 6 portals once). I haven't tried Sirus yet because I can feel my pants getting soiled just by thinking about fighting him.
-Lost all 6 portals to Catarina after getting 1-shot (maybe the "Mortal" carpet attack? Still not sure).
-Enslaver was as tough as they come, had to get a friend to help because I couldn't sustain ES (even in Frost Shield) with all the tornados around.
-Eradicator was surprisingly a lot easier than I thought, only died because I messed up some Frostblinks.
-Constrictor was quite easy in terms of defences (thanks, CI!) but it took a lot of time (back to the damage being a bit low point)
-Hydra was going down a lot quicker, died a couple of times for bs reasons, like my hitbox being in front of her while I was clearly touching her back, or I walk right into a frost bolt.

Hopes:
I'm really hoping the build will kick off with more Int but for now, 3k Int seems way too far away.
Maybe getting better helmet/gloves/rings.
And seeing how low the damage is at 2k, I'm a bit pessimistic on how I can manage to get to 3k or if it will even be worth it.

Other than that, it's a good league and the content feels refreshed and nice :) If I can sort my damage and squishiness, it will be even better than Expedition for me ^^

However it turns out, thanks Kelvynn for the build, much appreciated ^^

Edit: typos and additions

Update for anyone having similar survivability issues!
(TL;DR: Drop Int to 2.1k, Invest in more than 8k ES, reduced RIPs by 90%)

After looking at poe.ninja, I realised that a lot of Int stackers are happy with 2.1k Int and invest a ton in ES.

I had some currency so I decided to experiment with this.
I had reached almost 2.5k Int, so I dropped around almost 300 Int and won 1.4k ES, so now I'm sitting at 2,175 Int and 8,414 ES. Damage-wise, it wasn't much of a loss.
I also realised I had not set up the CWDT gems (CWDT - IC - WoC). I couldn't get a 3rd red socket so I added Ele Weakness, as an extra curse in case this setup procs instead of the 5L.

The result is me playing with one hand until I reach a boss. It's super relaxing even in t16 rare maps.
Unless I roll some rippy mods (no regen, ele reflect, multi proj, crits, etc.) I literally just hold the 2 click buttons and move the mouse.
I've placed Vortex on the LMB and Cyclone on RMB, so holding them down clears everything almost instantly.

Resistances are still a pain to cap (with Cold being max uncapped for Wise Oak) but I dropped a Bismuth flask to get an Aquamarine to max Cold uncapped. You can check the flask set-up in my profile :)

With a better Chest and Amulet, I can probably hit 10k ES without dropping more Int.
And I'd be happy there, as with 8.4k ES already I face-tanked 2 out of 3 hits of Sirus's "DIE" beam, giving me time to dodge the last hit LOL

The set-up you see now in my profile did Elder deathless and A5 Sirus.
Damage (and subsequently leeching) is not amazing, but face-tanking otherwise lethal attacks is super fun! Now I only die if 1 of the aforementioned mods rolls or I receive multiple Phys dmg attacks.

Hope this helps :)

Final update on the build for Scions.

Current stats:
INT: 3,228
ES: 14,732
DPS: 444k up to 563k with flasks up (according to PoB)
Res: Capped without flasks

I got lucky with farming exalts so I had enough currency for some upgrades.
I got better rings with 54 Int each (upgrade to 64 with catalysts).
Someone was selling a 12%Int 520ES chest cheap so I got it and crafted 6%Att.
I ditched The Stampede and got Sorc boots with 177ES 55Int and 25%MS (requires a quicksilver flask permanent uptime to feel ok, but definitely a loss of MS).
I ditched the Snowforge Ele mastery passive wheel to get a medium cluster with Int, Att, Dmg and Dmg from Herald buff. Gave me about 20k more DPS, as the 2nd Split Personality travels 4 more passive nodes. I will keep experimenting with this for a bit, but I don't think there's much that can be gained.

Performance:
Successes:
-Sirus is almost always down (unless I mess up last phase) even at A9. With 14k+ ES, I can facetank quite a few of his attacks. The "DIE" beam will only kill me in the last hit if I don't have Frostblink available, so it's all a matter of good decisions and knowing the fight (I heard GGG buffed him and he procs his attacks more often).
-Conquerors and Elder/Shaper Guardians are a walk in the park even at A9 with juicy map mods
-Elder, Shaper and Uber Elder are done deathless.
-Atziri is a walk in the park (careful of the reflection clone).
-Reached wave 23 at Simulacrum. Krosis and Omniphobia are super easy if you know what to avoid. Omniphobia has a lot of damage reduction, so as long as you're always behind him, you're good, just takes time).
-Maven Invitations with map bosses or Elder/Shaper guardians ("Formed", "Twisted") are done, but it doesn't exactly cut through them like butter.
-Catarina is super fun, because I just stand under her, constantly leeching and facetanking.
-Synthesis maps ("Distant Memories") are getting melted. Cortex not so much...

Failures:
-Uber Atziri is a no-no with this build, as it doesn't have enough dps to gun down the 2nd bosses (Vaal trio) before they mess up everything. Maybe a more experienced player can do it, but I couldn't.
-The Maven was a close call for me. Tried her twice, but again, since dps is not disgustingly good, she goes to memory game phases way too often. Managed to kill the brain/core thing, so after that it became messy. Again, a more experienced player can definitely do it (this was my first 2 tries ever at the Maven, so not enough practice).
-Harder Maven Invitations are a disaster. I wasted 6 portals in "The Hidden" and through the power of capitalism, bought the breachstones and the invitation again and invited someone else to clear it, as with 2 portals up all 4 breachlords were still alive.

Upgrades:
The only upgrade I can go for now is an amulet that has all 3 good mods (%Int, %Att, %dmg per Int), however, they go for at least 75-100ex now, so I'm not going to spend time farming for that.
A good mapping upgrade would be a Headhunter with %Int or %Att corrupt implicit, but that's a few hundred exalts, so brainlessly steamrolling through 5-Ways is not happening.

Rating:
All in all, it's a good build, but definitely not a top tier one, because of its limited playstyle. If you want to create a build for mapping only, drop 15-20ex at it and you have a relaxed and braindead gameplay.
Good league-starter if all you want is to play and chill without being competitive.

Final comments:
Due to the extremely limited and expensive upgrades mentioned above, this is my final update and I don't think I will be pursuing anything else in this league.
Thank you once again, Kelvynn, for the fun build! :)

Edit: typos
Last edited by Kassakos on Nov 17, 2021, 3:51:49 PM
like i cant find what gems i should have in gloves i fill every item but no gloves
"
thcgood6 wrote:
like i cant find what gems i should have in gloves i fill every item but no gloves

We can't help you in detail unless you make your characters public.

The only caveat about putting gems in gloves versus, say, boots or helm, is if you happen to have Aspect of the Spider on the gloves. If one of the gems has a "130% more mana" on it, for example, that will sadly also apply to the Aspect cost.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter if the gems go into gloves, helm, or boots, with the minor exception of if you have to off-color sockets. In that case, some armor is easier to off-color with red sockets than others.

The first page has the info on gems and links -- you can find it easily.
Last edited by Graiaule on Nov 18, 2021, 3:54:32 PM
Hello sorry to bother everyone,

So I dont play this build but my friend does, shes having problems doing anything over t13 and cant really farm, since ive never played it idk how to help or what shes doin wrong, do you see anything specifically in her pob that looks off?

https://pastebin.com/kyPhACW1
Is she just dying or can stay alive and doesn't do damage?

Passive tree doesn't look far off.

Don't have access to PoB where I'm at, so I used an online one which is limited to view the builds. If I was to take a guess... It could be the CWDT setups.

CWDT
"
This Gem can only Support Skill Gems requiring Level (38-70) or lower.

Her CWDT Gems are at level 1. Which means it will only trigger gems with a level requirement of 38 or lower. Support gems can be leveled because they support the active gems. So with all the gems, only one skill is being triggered and that's Ball Lightning since Level 1 Ball Lightning has a level requirement of 28.
Kind of silly to just spam IC, WoC and 3 curses every couple seconds.

Gloves
Level 1 CWDT
Level 18 Immortal Call (68)
Level 19 Wave of Conviction (68)

The gems should be level:
Level 3 Immortal Call
Level 7 Wave of Conviction

Maybe the build calls for it to be 2 and 6 though?

With a level 1 CWDT to work, the gems have to be lower. So Ball Lightning is triggering as it should in the armour. I thought the curses should be auto applied by CWDT, but I guess the build has you manually apply them yourself for a higher level curse.

There are 3 curses. So make sure Whispers of Doom is annointed on the boots and the ammy. I didn't see it on her tree.

Then she did miss the staff blocking nodes. Might help.

Last edited by chrischoi on Nov 18, 2021, 9:22:30 PM
Your friend can get 6% more increased attributes by getting a 15% belt and using intrinsic catalysts to get it to 18%.

She doesn't have a staunching flask or protection vs. corrupted blood in her tree. It's possible she's bleeding out.

Her increased duration is one level too high; it's not taking effect.

She didn't take Ghost Reaver. It's safe to take.

Basically, she's done a good job -- just a few subtle errors. If she can get a Watcher's Eye with +ES on hits with Discipline also, all of the above changes will make her feel a LOT stronger.

---------------

Reading the post above, right, the staff blocking nodes are also good. Check out my tree on Standard (TheHollownessOfHell) -- it's a cluster setup, but I have put in all of the little important nodes that are easy to miss.

Her CWDT's are fine -- just need to level ball lightning to 4 and fix the increased duration back down to 19.
Last edited by Graiaule on Nov 18, 2021, 9:26:24 PM
from what I understand the curses are applied from lvl 1 ball lighting from the hextouch support so the curses being 21 shouldnt matter?
How much int/ES should I be looking to get at before trying to do Sirus/Elder/Shaper?

This is my first full league (I did about a month of expedition as TR deadeye) and I'm eager to take them on but don't want to waste resources.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info