[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
archwerewolf wrote:
"
Adeaz wrote:
I watched the update 3.15 video and while I understand it's less than optimal gear, the single target looks very poor - how is it with better investment/gear?

Thanks

with imba gucci-mirror gear it's ok. but still not great cause of 5 cap

Nah, it's great -- you get to learn all of the boss phases in detail!
with the current cluster PoB it's showing 19k EHP for physical dmg, is this actually tanky enough? I don't know that much about ES and how this build handles this but 19k sounds rather low for a build designed to be tanky.
would love some input as I really like the idea of this one. thanks!
"
Adeaz wrote:
I watched the update 3.15 video and while I understand it's less than optimal gear, the single target looks very poor - how is it with better investment/gear?

Thanks

Its kinda ok-ish? Logbooks are really easy with perma freeze. Logbook bosses were fine too, killed all 3 i found on 83-85lvl areas. Uber elder is fine, cortex was easy too, Breachlords invite was decent, uber atziri wasn't hard either, same for heart of grove. Build is doing average overall i'd say. In maps you mostly just spin and things die.

Edit. Oh, and simulacrum was abit tough with worse gear, but was pretty chill on 2nd run after i got better gear.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Aug 7, 2021, 4:01:00 PM
"
Narayu wrote:
with the current cluster PoB it's showing 19k EHP for physical dmg, is this actually tanky enough? I don't know that much about ES and how this build handles this but 19k sounds rather low for a build designed to be tanky.

Tankiness comes from ES leech. If you have Light Eater, Ethereal Feast and Ghost Reaver, you can leech 30% of your max ES/s. In addition Zealot's Oath changes all the %hp/s regen to %ES/s regen. So as long as you are careful not taking too many big hits back to back you can regen ES back to full pretty quickly. Also you can keep moving all the time to avoid a lot of hits.

Also Watcher's Eye with +ES per enemy hit is pretty damn good.

I do avoid maps that curse you with vulnerability.
I suppose some talismans are good. Look at what I picked up for 3 chaos 8-)

"
Graiaule wrote:
I suppose some talismans are good. Look at what I picked up for 3 chaos 8-)

Before Awakener's Orb, that was thing to go after. If you get T3 Jorgin on research, you can try to convert an amulet. It has 1/7 (I think) chance to become three rat one if you want to try to get that way.

Now that you can annoint corrupted items it should not be too bad.
Last edited by Cjin on Aug 7, 2021, 5:25:16 PM
"
Cjin wrote:

Before Awakener's Orb, that was thing to go after. If you get T3 Jorgin on research, you can try to convert an amulet. It has 1/7 (I think) chance to become three rat one if you want to try to get that way.

Now that you can anoint corrupted items it should not be too bad.

1. I didn't know I could anoint that -- thanks!
2. Yeah, in the old days, I tried the Jorgin method. Never managed to succeed.
The paste bin isnt working, can someone send me a photo of the skill tree. Would be apreciated ty :)
"
vbvan wrote:
Thanks, Kelvynn!

20% Phantasmal Wave of Conviction has:

25% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
25% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage
20% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage

So do I need some flat added cold to spell to have cold exposure?

The type of Exposure is determined by the biggest damage TAKEN. The base number of phys, fire or lightning damage may be higher than cold, but after cold gets increased and multiplied by all our bonuses, and then applied with all the cold penetration - it's a whole lot more than the other types.

You can easily verify it in a safe low level area by manually casting PWoC on some trash and watch it all becoming Vulnerable to Cold.
"
Narayu wrote:

I don't know how PoB calculates all that, and if you even select the right options. It also tries to show a 'DPS' number for Icestorm. Which is hilariously low and totally wrong.

This build uses multiple layers of defense. You can see how tanky it is in the videos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info