+20% from Deep Thoughts
+40% from Shaper
+20% from Coldhearted Calculation
+20% from the first small node when you leave scion start

+80% increased maximum mana from all the nodes

Clarity

90 m/s without Clarity, 160 m/s with Clarity at lvl 65
Last edited by Cjin on Jul 24, 2021, 10:56:47 AM
So, I'm lv 67, in low tier maps. Did the 3rd Lab at lv 63 and killed Kitava at lv 64 - all with a 1c staff with 4 sockets and the recommended leveling uniques.

Can't facetank 1-shots yet, of course. But the damage is just fine, and mana too.

After finishing the campaign, I immediately upgraded my gear:

Cheap rares to max resists with some Int and ES on top. Astramentis is only 15c on day 2, and The Stampede is 30c. Cheapest and earliest I ever got them!

Need to farm up some chaos orbs early? Do the heists! They are super easy at these levels.

But the maps... Chris was not kidding about the difficulty! Or maybe it's the flask nerf combined with the usual imbalanced new league mechanics. On my way to the maps I died twice - both to something spawning from the league mechanic and killing me, I was too lazy to read the mod on those objects.

But when I got my 1st map, it had a crit mod. Which I used to disregard. That was a mistake! In my 1st map I died 4 times due to getting crit shot, shocked, frozen, ignited and corrupted blood'ed. The flasks don't help almost at all! They just remove the effect and protect you for 1 sec. And then you just get shocked and corrupted again! RIP. And the league mechanic can get super nasty in maps. Beware of the 'mercenaries' mod! Those dudes mean business.

Anyway, gotta be careful, read the map mods and the league mods before activating them. And there must be something about the new flasks that I'm missing. They can't be all completely useless, can they? I haven't seen the new flask currency yet - maybe that's what I need.

Of course, there are no Cyclopean Coils for sale on day 2. Have to deal with ailments carefully for now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 24, 2021, 3:47:13 PM
New video: Uber Lab at lv 72

I could probably facetank him. If I maxed resists, bought better than 1c rares, set up all gem links and some real flasks.

But then somebody would watch it, try to do the same, forget something important and get 1-shot. Much safer to just circle around Izaro and get your final lab done without any risks.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
So, I'm lv 67, in low tier maps. Did the 3rd Lab at lv 63 and killed Kitava at lv 64 - all with a 1c staff with 4 sockets and the recommended leveling uniques.

Can't facetank 1-shots yet, of course. But the damage is just fine, and mana too.

After finishing the campaign, I immediately upgraded my gear:

Cheap rares to max resists with some Int and ES on top. Astramentis is only 15c on day 2, and The Stampede is 30c. Cheapest and earliest I ever got them!

Need to farm up some chaos orbs early? Do the heists! They are super easy at these levels.

But the maps... Chris was not kidding about the difficulty! Or maybe it's the flask nerf combined with the usual imbalanced new league mechanics. On my way to the maps I died twice - both to something spawning from the league mechanic and killing me, I was too lazy to read the mod on those objects.

But when I got my 1st map, it had a crit mod. Which I used to disregard. That was a mistake! In my 1st map I died 4 times due to getting crit shot, shocked, frozen, ignited and corrupted blood'ed. The flasks don't help almost at all! They just remove the effect and protect you for 1 sec. And then you just get shocked and corrupted again! RIP. And the league mechanic can get super nasty in maps. Beware of the 'mercenaries' mod! Those dudes mean business.

Anyway, gotta be careful, read the map mods and the league mods before activating them. And there must be something about the new flasks that I'm missing. They can't be all completely useless, can they? I haven't seen the new flask currency yet - maybe that's what I need.

Of course, there are no Cyclopean Coils for sale on day 2. Have to deal with ailments carefully for now.

hey there I am really enjoying the build again is been a year or two since I have tried out this build and it definitely still works like a treat. But about the flasks , with the nerfed flask charges and how the flasks no longer grant meaningful lengths of immunities , I think is considerable to use the less charge consuming flasks such as bismuth (only 15/40 charge used) to be the auto trigger flasks of choice , and keep sulfur and dps flasks on enkindling orb for boss fights rather than a permanent piano key arrangement like before , the unique kiara's determination is also an interesting option to look at seeing as it grants immunity still for the whole flask duration (only 2 seconds though by default) to freeze , curse and chill. (and stun as well but that's not relevant for this build).
"
yugimoto177 wrote:
hey there I am really enjoying the build again is been a year or two since I have tried out this build and it definitely still works like a treat. But about the flasks , with the nerfed flask charges and how the flasks no longer grant meaningful lengths of immunities , I think is considerable to use the less charge consuming flasks such as bismuth (only 15/40 charge used) to be the auto trigger flasks of choice , and keep sulfur and dps flasks on enkindling orb for boss fights rather than a permanent piano key arrangement like before , the unique kiara's determination is also an interesting option to look at seeing as it grants immunity still for the whole flask duration (only 2 seconds though by default) to freeze , curse and chill. (and stun as well but that's not relevant for this build).

Cyclopean Coils are already appearing for sale, and the prices are slowly going down. A couple more days and they will be as affordable as usual. With this build we have an unlimited supply of cheap unique jewels to corrupt for the CB immunity. That will take care of everything except freeze.

My favorite utility flask base (Sulphur) got double nerfed. Looking for a new workhorse base now. Maybe Stibnite, maybe Aquamarine. Instilling orb to make it auto-trigger.

Extra damage flasks got nerfed so hard that I don't even know if they are going to make a difference anymore. The Wise Oak has a double value (offense AND defense) so that should be still good. Maybe 2 of them with Enkindling? One gains charges while the other one is in use. Something like that.

Some map mods are just too annoying to play now: no regen, some of the curses. Easy enough to just reroll the map than bother trying to deal with that crap. Ironically, ele reflect is only a minor issue now. Yugul got buffed and should be your permanent choice, and getting anti-reflect on a ring is easy even with good Int and resists on it.

Seeing the avalanche of negative feedback on reddit and forums, I suspect that GGG may be forced to reverse the flask nerf mid-league. We'll see.

THIS.
"
FszoQ wrote:
Why poe.ninja says that any Ascendant is not playing using icestorm or even bladestorm? Only ppl with avatar of flame and Elemental Equilibrum. That build isn't popular or what is goin on? Maybe I just check uncorectly
Most ascendants on the ladder are aura bots for party play. Party play is OP so they level faster and reach the leaderboard quicker. You can open a profile of a person with avatar of fire / equilibrium if you see a bunch of auras and alpha howl / victario chest equipped you know it's that.

Similarly you can find curse bot occultists usually with just a bunch of curse + curse effectiveness and not real damage skill, it's for party play too.

You can pair that with a magic find character with little resists (they get them from purities auras) and buff its damage a lot with multiple auras (hatred, wrath, haste, precision, etc.)

This happens every league, you want to see only dps characters check SSF or HCSSSF ladder where people can't do party play.
arctic armour now gives freeze immunity. ROFL! :D
Expedition three rooms down from Tolman spawned undying cultists and zombies with extra cold damage and cold resists, so that fully stacked ice mines are barely touching them. Not possible to run through them as they freeze me. After 8 deaths trying to get past them, I think this is the first time I've had my clock cleaned by trash mobs.

Oh lol wat? Okay arctic armor time!

Lol no it doesn't.

And now the zombies are in Tolman's room and there's just too many of them including the casters.

I pulled a single blue cold-resistant zombie and it took me 60 seconds of spamming mines and detonating to cut its health from 20% to zero wtf. I have Heart of Ice.

Note I'm not complaining, just bemused at the remarkably wide variety of difficulty in mobs now.

Cold penetration is going to be worth a LOT.
Last edited by Graiaule on Jul 26, 2021, 2:56:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info