[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
The build is updated to 3.14. No major changes. I'm going to play the Ascendant in the Ultimatum league and communicate mostly in this thread (in 3.13 I was playing the Occultist version).

The new mana reservation on Flesh & Stone doesn't matter much for the Ascendant version, it's only a problem for the Occultist, requiring Enlighten early or more points spent into the reservation clusters - which is the major reason for me going back to the Ascendant.

Vaal RF is not worth using anymore. Newly buffed Vigilant Strike should be great for fortifying.

Thank You for updating your Build. I want to play your build this league. Can you update your POB so i can copy your build pls. Thanks in advance :) and where do i put the Vigilant Strike?
imagica
Last edited by imagica07 on Apr 16, 2021, 2:28:34 PM
Nevermind me playing. After seeing the game unplayable for the whole 1st night, constantly getting booted to login with huge queues, and the terrible decision by GGG to let the chosen streamers skip the queue, I've instantly lost all desire to play this game. Maybe later.
Hi guys, was just wondering, is there a leech in the build? how do we sustain ES?
"
Xyreal wrote:
Hi guys, was just wondering, is there a leech in the build? how do we sustain ES?

Yes, Light Eater/Ethereal Feast/Hearth of Ice.

With how leech work, you don't need that high % of leech. It is more important to increase the max how much ES you can leech/sec. That is Light Eater/Ethereal Feast/Ghost Reaver.
Will this build still be viable for all content without exalts on exalts thrown into it ?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
The build is updated to 3.14. No major changes. I'm going to play the Ascendant in the Ultimatum league and communicate mostly in this thread (in 3.13 I was playing the Occultist version).

The new mana reservation on Flesh & Stone doesn't matter much for the Ascendant version, it's only a problem for the Occultist, requiring Enlighten early or more points spent into the reservation clusters - which is the major reason for me going back to the Ascendant.

Vaal RF is not worth using anymore. Newly buffed Vigilant Strike should be great for fortifying.

I haven't played in a long while, just came back, what changed to Vaal RF that makes it not worth using anymore? And what would Vigilant Strike replace + wouldn't it interrupt your spinning? :o
"
LordDuckiie wrote:
Will this build still be viable for all content without exalts on exalts thrown into it ?

Build was viable even before harvest so yes, but it requires a lot of crafting and currency to reach the amount of dps like some other meta builds have
sorry if it is a repeating question.
Have anybody tried to go with self-casting after the nerfs to 5 storms at a time?
I think Unleash support is going to suit well.
"
auc_martin wrote:
"
LordDuckiie wrote:

Build was viable even before harvest so yes, but it requires a lot of crafting and currency to reach the amount of dps like some other meta builds have

In other words, all high dps and tanky builds cost exalts. For this particular one, the most expensive cost will be the cluster jewels (consistently 6-7ex, two of them) and the watcher's eye (about 4-5ex.) The rest can be crafted for a reasonable cost. I think I ended up paying around 25 ex for my character in Ritual, including a few crafting failures.

I was missing double % amulet, corrupted % belt, emperor jewel(s), and somewhat improved rare gear. I.e., I was probably 75% of the way to effectively maxed gear.
Last edited by Graiaule on Apr 21, 2021, 8:20:48 PM
"
Vladelk wrote:
sorry if it is a repeating question.
Have anybody tried to go with self-casting after the nerfs to 5 storms at a time?
I think Unleash support is going to suit well.

I tried it briefly in Heist. It is doable, but it is still quite clunky because of the initial hit delay & storm limit. I stopped testing it after my first few conquerors.

There was a Guardian who went all in as selfcast up to like lvl 97. He did some videos and could kill AL8 Sirus and stuff with it. He didn't use Unleash though. He used Intensify.

If you want to try it there's likely a whole lot of different ways to go about it. Heirophant archmage... Elementalist. Inquisitor. Life based. But there's not much out there in terms of builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info