[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

So what is the verdict on the ascendant vs occultist version now that the league is over?

Did not have a lot of time for ritual and plan to dig in to upcoming league and WI will be my starter/endgame
"
lordchopf wrote:
So what is the verdict on the ascendant vs occultist version now that the league is over?

Did not have a lot of time for ritual and plan to dig in to upcoming league and WI will be my starter/endgame

Scion is easier to build with resistances, but I really like Profane Bloom. I don't think it really matters on terms of what you can do unless you are obsessed of minmaxing to extreme.
"
lordchopf wrote:

scion:
good:
+ ES
+ INT
+ Stun immunity
+ easy to cap resist
+ 5+ skill points

bad:
- hard to start
- slow clear speed
- less dps

occultist:
good:
+ better start
+ more dps
+ clear speed

bad:
- hard to cap resist
- hard to cap stun resist
- less ES

I think that's basicaly it to me... i could be wrong...

Im some aspects scion seems to be better, in others witch... but in the end the result should be the same.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Apr 14, 2021, 3:23:24 AM
Hello any update for this Build? I want to play this Build at Ultimatum. Thank You for your reply. :)
imagica
Now that patch notes are out we can affirm, the build still the same.

The only downside will be harvestcraft nerf.

We wont see lots of players with 15k+ ES, since perfect items wont be that easy/cheap to craft anymore.

To make this build competitive and do all content will be much more expensive than before.
I played last league the occu version and playes all leagues bevor the scion. For me its nearly the same playstyle BUT with the exploding corpses from witch its was a much more fun playstyle. I could do blightet maps the first time without probs. (t16) normaly i failed them in all leagues.
I cleared in half the time the maps.
So playstyle was sooo much fun for me.
A big problem are the resists. its really expensive to get the items to come to the caps. And as in next league the harvest crafts will be much more expensive (i only saw 2 crafts i could use and i did a bunch of harvests).

So all over all. The build will be still strong but the charme to do all contend with a really small budget is over.
"
Sssithenator wrote:
This build looks really interesting. That said I mostly play SSF. How viable is this given that this is the case?

You can definitely play this build in SSF, but not as your first character.

Level up a necro summoner or any other more or less item-free build. Once that is in maps, you can find a WI fairly easily (I must have found about 10 of them both as drops, Ritual rewards, and from cards.)
I planned on running this as a league starter, but I'm not seeing any updates or how we intend on not reserving all mana with the flesh and stone nerf to 35% mana res from 25. Would we just be taking a couple of points in the mana reserve cluster on the top left of the tree?

Any thoughts? I know we run disc, F&S and spider... so...
"
Xenithos wrote:
I planned on running this as a league starter, but I'm not seeing any updates or how we intend on not reserving all mana with the flesh and stone nerf to 35% mana res from 25. Would we just be taking a couple of points in the mana reserve cluster on the top left of the tree?

Any thoughts? I know we run disc, F&S and spider... so...

Last league witch version was running F&S, Discipline, Aspect of the Spider and Blasphemy curse. 120% reserved before reductions. With lvl4 Enlighten and Sovereignty you were left with 4% unreserved mana, and it was well enough for everything else than no mana regen maps.

F&S+Disciplin+AotS is 95% reserved mana. Unless you want to add Arctic Armour or Skitterbots it should be well enough as it is.

There was no really changes to how to build, just that its harder/more expensive to get top tier items.
The build is updated to 3.14. No major changes. I'm going to play the Ascendant in the Ultimatum league and communicate mostly in this thread (in 3.13 I was playing the Occultist version).

The new mana reservation on Flesh & Stone doesn't matter much for the Ascendant version, it's only a problem for the Occultist, requiring Enlighten early or more points spent into the reservation clusters - which is the major reason for me going back to the Ascendant.

Vaal RF is not worth using anymore. Newly buffed Vigilant Strike should be great for fortifying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info