[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I am farming valdos rest for level 100 currently. The exp is similar to how broken heist contract leveling was. You also get an ok amount of ancient/exalt shards. It also fits our build perfectly. Maps like necropolis/maze where the harbingers are extremely stacked fit great for us.

The best thing about it will be the cash ill be making later doing this.
I have 4 t1 watchstones with chance to get zana mission at the end of each map. I get a new zana mission about 75% of the time when i complete a map. I should have over 100 zana missions to farm harvest crafts after i hit 100. Did 2% of 98-99 to 60% yesterday.
Last edited by Mindhandler on Feb 9, 2021, 1:47:20 PM
https://pastebin.com/CphZTufb

Was running this atm, swapping over to my Scion as she has a Fated Connections sitting in her deferrals.

Things to Fix:
-I need to find stun immunity/resist as I just simply get stunned too much atm, noticed that seems to be a bit reason you run scion occult/occult. Curious, what do you do to help with this on normal Occult where you don't grab Vile Bastion, as I see you don't have that on a couple characters.

-Secondarily, next playthrough I'm going to swap to clusters much sooner, saw your comment a couple pages back about int/dex split personalities and just a single passive cttc. Seems alot more doable than I've been trying it out. Can't seem to determine a proper pathing for Heiro for it though. However, I haven't tried all too hard, every time I slot in even good clusters it comes out as less es/damage than just running the current tree(probably the transfig of mind and mana).

Let me know thoughts, I was originally Inquis but it died WAYYY too much. This has been enjoyable so far as it can just face tank HUGE hits without a care in the world.

Edit and Note: I'm running the extra arcane surge in vortex despite it being a 4 link because PoB doesn't seem to pick up Arcane surge in Arcane Blessing and add it to the build.
Last edited by NCCIntrepid on Feb 9, 2021, 11:50:27 PM
"
NCCIntrepid wrote:
https://pastebin.com/CphZTufb

Was running this atm, swapping over to my Scion as she has a Fated Connections sitting in her deferrals.

Things to Fix:
-I need to find stun immunity/resist as I just simply get stunned too much atm, noticed that seems to be a bit reason you run scion occult/occult. Curious, what do you do to help with this on normal Occult where you don't grab Vile Bastion, as I see you don't have that on a couple characters.

-Secondarily, next playthrough I'm going to swap to clusters much sooner, saw your comment a couple pages back about int/dex split personalities and just a single passive cttc. Seems alot more doable than I've been trying it out. Can't seem to determine a proper pathing for Heiro for it though. However, I haven't tried all too hard, every time I slot in even good clusters it comes out as less es/damage than just running the current tree(probably the transfig of mind and mana).

Let me know thoughts, I was originally Inquis but it died WAYYY too much. This has been enjoyable so far as it can just face tank HUGE hits without a care in the world.

Edit and Note: I'm running the extra arcane surge in vortex despite it being a 4 link because PoB doesn't seem to pick up Arcane surge in Arcane Blessing and add it to the build.

Looks like you already swapped to the scion, and its within a few levels of your hiero so i would just stick with that. It will be a far more pleasant experience with the stun immunity from occultist. As far as your passive tree on the scion. It looks ok for now, i reccomend swapping to cluster version at 91.

As to what you could do for stun immunity on your hiero if you really want to play it instead. You could make elder int boots with up to 35% chance being stunned but you wouldnt be able to run stampede in that case. Combine that with some synthesized bases with reduced chance to be stunned, probably 15% on gloves would be a good one to go for. Combine that with a cinderswallow urn with 50% chance to avoid being stunned and you could have stun immunity relatively easy for mapping at least. Chests and helms can also have reduced stun chance crafted but that will use up suffixes. Also 10% chance to reduced being stunned on jewels would work.

It would complicate things and probably be a lot worse in general than scion. If you want an idea of what a good passive hiero tree looks like this is what the only high level hiero icestorm was running in heist https://pastebin.com/Lg1VaZMu. It looks ok but just a worse version of scion.
Last edited by Mindhandler on Feb 10, 2021, 4:04:29 AM
"
Mindhandler wrote:

Looks like you already swapped to the scion, and its within a few levels of your hiero so i would just stick with that. It will be a far more pleasant experience with the stun immunity from occultist. As far as your passive tree on the scion. It looks ok for now, i reccomend swapping to cluster version at 91.

As to what you could do for stun immunity on your hiero if you really want to play it instead. You could make elder int boots with up to 35% chance being stunned but you wouldnt be able to run stampede in that case. Combine that with some synthesized bases with reduced chance to be stunned, probably 15% on gloves would be a good one to go for. Combine that with a cinderswallow urn with 50% chance to avoid being stunned and you could have stun immunity relatively easy for mapping at least. Chests and helms can also have reduced stun chance crafted but that will use up suffixes. Also 10% chance to reduced being stunned on jewels would work.

It would complicate things and probably be a lot worse in general than scion. If you want an idea of what a good passive hiero tree looks like this is what the only high level hiero icestorm was running in heist https://pastebin.com/Lg1VaZMu. It looks ok but just a worse version of scion.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think the only real advantage from Heiro is the massive energy shield pool that you can get. Whether that's worth the quality of life you lose I'm not certain, also it's interesting to note Heiro got some reworks with 3.13. I like how this guy set up and it's an interesting concept to use the cluster jewels just as attribute sticks. Might not be as good at cttc but definitely interesting imo. Thanks again for the build, been loving it so far and planning on league starting it for quite awhile heh. Finally found a replacement for the evasion builds I was starting to hate.
Is it possible to change Righteous Fire and frost shield to another useful configuration? I have seen Witch, I understand that without access to Profane Bloom it makes no sense to use Blasphemy Frostbite?
"
nocek_czerny wrote:
Is it possible to change Righteous Fire and frost shield to another useful configuration? I have seen Witch, I understand that without access to Profane Bloom it makes no sense to use Blasphemy Frostbite?

I wouldn't recommend not running vaal righteous fire, we lack a bit of boss damage without really good gear. It really helps for killing stuff like conquerors reliably and quickly. I think a good buff to run at least temporarily until you get a good clarity watchers eye is a divergent vitality (or regular if you can't afford it).

The regen isn't all that noticeable and the 4% increased damage is just a small buff. But it allows you to run vitality watchers eyes which are much cheaper if you can't afford a clarity one yet. I'm currently running an eye with % es recovery rate while affected by discipline and % of damage leeched as life while affected by vitality. Ghost reaver converts the life leech into es leech, it was a huge survivability increase for me. It's felt so good for now that i have held off on upgrading to one with clarity.

That watchers eye cost me 50c a few days back, other vitality options should also be viable.
"
Mindhandler wrote:

I wouldn't recommend not running vaal righteous fire...

I saw your character before, i understand it now, thx. Just how you dealt with the mana?
Last edited by nocek_czerny on Feb 11, 2021, 1:12:01 AM
Kinda hit a brick wall here since i keep dying in red maps 't13-16s' and so on. Any tips what i should go for next in the build in terms of items?

I got like 4ex available only.
"
auc_martin wrote:
Kinda hit a brick wall here since i keep dying in red maps 't13-16s' and so on. Any tips what i should go for next in the build in terms of items?

I got like 4ex available only.

Buy some cheap corrupted rings with % int implicit/+ int for like 5 chaos or get some attribute catalysts for your jewelry. Anoint Tranquility, should only cost you 1 ex and will be a significant dps increase.
Why does some build in POEninja shows more than 128 skill points allocated?
Last edited by iP4wn on Feb 13, 2021, 12:24:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info