[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

60 k dmg. in home .
"
patrik161 wrote:
I dont remember if it was always like that, but whenever monsters hits me, the cyclone stops for an second, do i miss something?

That would be if you were not immune to stun, i.e. haven't done the 2nd lab (Occultist) yet. Your current profile says that you have it now.

Another possibility is if the map has +cold damage and you are getting momentarily frozen for a split-second until the consecrated ground drops and removes the freeze.

Yet another possible reason is running out of mana. Most notably in Baran influenced maps, if you move over the mana drain squares those mobs drop. But it can also happen if your Cyclone costs more mana than you regen. You have a 6L staff, which is completely unnecessary. Check your mana cost with that setup.

BTW, the staff in your profile is 17%. I would just grab a new 6S staff with 18% and only link Cyclone - CwC - Inspiration. Kinda like the one you linked in your post, but you have to link Inspiration. Just re-color it to have 1 green, 1 red and 2 blue in that 4L, and the remaining sockets blue.

Also, don't forget to add quality to your rings.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 10, 2020, 4:12:16 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
patrik161 wrote:
I dont remember if it was always like that, but whenever monsters hits me, the cyclone stops for an second, do i miss something?

That would be if you were not immune to stun, i.e. haven't done the 2nd lab (Occultist) yet. Your current profile says that you have it now.

Another possibility is if the map has +cold damage and you are getting momentarily frozen for a split-second until the consecrated ground drops and removes the freeze.

Yet another possible reason is running out of mana. Most notably in Baran influenced maps, if you move over the mana drain squares those mobs drop. But it can also happen if your Cyclone costs more mana than you regen. You have a 6L staff, which is completely unnecessary. Check your mana cost with that setup.

BTW, the staff in your profile is 17%. I would just grab a new 6S staff with 18% and only link Cyclone - CwC - Inspiration. Kinda like the one you linked in your post, but you have to link Inspiration. Just re-color it to have 1 green, 1 red and 2 blue in that 4L, and the remaining sockets blue.

Also, don't forget to add quality to your rings.

Yeah man, that was before i did any of labs/ascendancy. Now it's fixed ;-)

Ohh yeah i was recently crafting the rings so they lost quality. Also ill just divine the staff i own thank you !

I'm lvl 91, so i'm missing second cluster setup, including megalomaniacs with genius / emperror wits jewel.

But i wanna focus full dps, so i guess i wanna go to hatred. Considering my current gear/items i know i will need all fertile minds with 1% mana reservartion.

What else can i improve on my tree/gear for DPS ? Got like 300 ex left

Edit

I'm on 3060 int now, 12,1k ES.

The tooltip at hideout shows 35 333 DPS

I just made normal elder, the dps is really joke. I just spammed vortex + ice storm via cyclone obviously and flasks.

I have played it previously when we was able to use up to 8 split personalities or so? I remember back in the time i cleared easily kosis + omni at wave 20.Now i feel it would take ages to kill them.

I'm missing something essential for DPS?
Last edited by patrik161 on Nov 10, 2020, 5:50:29 PM
Now that 3.12 has been out for a few months now, how bad is the 5 Stack change? Is bossing still fine?
"
patrik161 wrote:

The tooltip at hideout shows 35333 DPS

I'm at level 91, 2768 int, 9533 ES, and 35576 tooltip dps with no quality or cluster gems.

You can run POB on my char and compare it to yours in the damage calculations to see where they differ. I use 5 stacks of Inspriration and 3 stacks of Spider aspect.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
patrik161 wrote:

I'm at level 91, 2768 int, 9533 ES, and 35576 tooltip dps with no quality or cluster gems.

You can run POB on my char and compare it to yours in the damage calculations to see where they differ. I use 5 stacks of Inspriration and 3 stacks of Spider aspect.

How much you spent on your build so far?
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
patrik161 wrote:

How much you spent on your build so far?

About 180c for 2 crusader orbs for my chest (first one failed) and 1c-15c for everything else (yes, including my amulet.) Then maybe 60c? for the tranquility, and another 30c or so for the various catalysts and a bunch of Hillock's veiled chests. Right, 1 exalt plus some chaos for my helm.

I found exactly 1 exalted orb and sold essentially nothing valuable this league. I did the chaos recipe ??? times (way too many.)

I really miss the days of delirium when I found ~75 ex of stuff...
Last edited by Graiaule on Nov 12, 2020, 12:00:32 AM
Sb can give me quick answer.

use pob from 100% delirium vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsAHrblkVJY
or from updated gear in post 1
Thx
Last edited by Skylardin on Nov 12, 2020, 9:20:08 AM
I'm out guys. Full gear available. Scourge_Mirrors IGN if you need anything
"
patrik161 wrote:
But i wanna focus full dps, so i guess i wanna go to hatred.

I seriously doubt that Hatred is worth it after the Vengeful Commander nerf. You need to invest extra points in mana reservation nodes and Vengeful Commander + CttC clusters, use %mana reservation corruptions instead of resist penetration, spend a gem socket on Enlighten, and possibly get a reduced mana lab enchantment for one of the auras. Or drop some important defenses/auras.

And for what? To get 12-15% more damage? If you invest all that in extra Int from the tree and grab all additional damage features such as Aspect, Unnerve, Culling, Vaal RF - your damage will be just about the same, your defenses much better and your budget lower.

My final setup at lv 100 (in my profile and the T19 video) is the best I could come up with in this league in terms of the total combination of damage, safety and quality of life.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 12, 2020, 5:26:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info