[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Hemzokuken wrote:
"
Akisailent wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

What if we took the other mana reserve passives and had 9 X 1% reduced mana reserve nodes?? Could we run 5 auras with enlighten???
Hatred + discipline + flesh and stone + aspect of the spider + insert 5th aura here 😂

Probably. I run Hatred+Zealotry+Discipline+Aspect of the spider for a total of 160% reserved mana (also have hatred helm enchant and self-control notable for it). I could even squize flesh and stone if I took more reserve mana nodes from tree, but I would need to sacrifice intelligence, and its not worth it for me. So you have to compromise and see. Like i said use PoB for it, I play a lot around the build in PoB to see how to min/max it.

Wait so basically zealotry is only 15% spell damage boost for the build? Crit does nothing right....

its 15% more spell damage, by comparison hatred is 18% more spell damage (without buffs). So its still pretty big dps buff. And yes crit does nothing for us
Wait but we can get arcanists dominion on the tree...that's 20% spell damage and makes your zealotry redundant?
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Wait but we can get arcanists dominion on the tree...that's 20% spell damage and makes your zealotry redundant?

You are confusing INCREASED spell damage and MORE spell damage, increased is additive, it give a little bit, more is multiplicative, it give a lot of damage
"
Akisailent wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

You are confusing INCREASED spell damage and MORE spell damage, increased is additive, it give a little bit, more is multiplicative, it give a lot of damage

I see....Guess I need to play in PoB!
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
"
Akisailent wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

I see....Guess I need to play in PoB!

In fact if you look, there are very few ways of getting MORE spell/cold/ele damage from somehwere, while there are many passives to get INCREASED damage. Thats why its worth reserving 50% mana for hatred and/or zealotry, and also multiplicative damagelike this scales much better with your base IC damage, so you get more int, and then MORE spell damage scalles even better

In fact if you look, there are very few ways of getting MORE spell/cold/ele damage from somehwere, while there are many passives to get INCREASED damage. Thats why its worth reserving 50% mana for hatred and/or zealotry, and also multiplicative damagelike this scales much better with your base IC damage, so you get more int, and then MORE spell damage scalles even better[/quote]

worth to invest an exlt into the theard of hope for ur setup?
"
"
phantom_god wrote:

In fact if you look, there are very few ways of getting MORE spell/cold/ele damage from somehwere, while there are many passives to get INCREASED damage. Thats why its worth reserving 50% mana for hatred and/or zealotry, and also multiplicative damagelike this scales much better with your base IC damage, so you get more int, and then MORE spell damage scalles even better

worth to invest an exlt into the theard of hope for ur setup?

If you have enough leach elsewhere and need point somewhere else than yes, it frees a lot of points to use
Last edited by Akisailent on Oct 1, 2020, 9:05:19 AM
Ok so love your idea of zealotry and can get my dps up to 80k with my build on icestorm tooltip in current gear....but I think my dps was fine at 68k so am going to ditch zealotry.

I want to make this as Tanky as possible so I am going to try and make the following auras work:

Hatred
Arctic armour (have 30% mana reserve reduction enchant on helm)
Flesh and stone
Aspect of the spider
Discipline

So far I have 2 X 1% mana reserve reduction implicits and level 4 enlighten. So will put high reserve ones in helm and ditch righteous fire.

Not sure where I can put the last aura unless I ditch a 7% int implicit ring for an unset ring and slap it in there.

What does everyone think of this? Is it silly?
Right now I can face tank so much content so feel with aspect of the spider + arctic armour added....will be amazing.

Definitely not dropping frost shield linked with immortal call and cwdt + frost bomb. It's amazing!
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Oct 1, 2020, 9:22:57 AM
Swapped Herald of Ice to Hatred tonight. Was good until I hit the low-mana performance bug. That's off the table til its fixed.
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Ok so love your idea of zealotry and can get my dps up to 80k with my build on icestorm tooltip in current gear....but I think my dps was fine at 68k so am going to ditch zealotry.

I want to make this as Tanky as possible so I am going to try and make the following auras work:

Hatred
Arctic armour (have 30% mana reserve reduction enchant on helm)
Flesh and stone
Aspect of the spider
Discipline

So far I have 2 X 1% mana reserve reduction implicits and level 4 enlighten. So will put high reserve ones in helm and ditch righteous fire.

Not sure where I can put the last aura unless I ditch a 7% int implicit ring for an unset ring and slap it in there.

What does everyone think of this? Is it silly?
Right now I can face tank so much content so feel with aspect of the spider + arctic armour added....will be amazing.

Definitely not dropping frost shield linked with immortal call and cwdt + frost bomb. It's amazing!

But we cyclone all the time, so you dont get damage reduction from arctic armor, unless you cyclne a bit then stand still and so on ... Im investing so much on dps bcs I want to delete endgame bosses like Sirius8, Aul, Uber elder etc, so i dont have to stay for too long dpsing them
Last edited by Akisailent on Oct 1, 2020, 9:38:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info