[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
livejamie wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:
Power creep question incoming: can this build do a T19 100% Delirious map?
Trying to compare power to some other builds claiming this, e.g. the Low Life DD+VD Spellsinger.

It's better than LL VD because you don't have to dodge anything you can face tank nearly everything.

Thanks, have you tried it?
I know my question is purely theoretical, as it's very unlikely I will ever try such a map, due to cost.

Anywyay, as before each league start, I'm in pain hesitating between this beautiful build and another one, this time it's a full dodge ED+Contagion trickster. Looking for some inspiration :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:
Power creep question incoming: can this build do a T19 100% Delirious map?
Trying to compare power to some other builds claiming this, e.g. the Low Life DD+VD Spellsinger.

It's better than LL VD because you don't have to dodge anything you can face tank nearly everything.

Thanks, have you tried it?
I know my question is purely theoretical, as it's very unlikely I will ever try such a map, due to cost.

Anywyay, as before each league start, I'm in pain hesitating between this beautiful build and another one, this time it's a full dodge ED+Contagion trickster. Looking for some inspiration :)

Yes, VD character is livejamie_slanging, WI character is livejamie_gotnerfed on my profile
livejamie
So, Harvest league.

This is clearly a crafting league. Also, we don't know all of the new crafting tools yet.

However, the only things we normally craft (cheaply) are:

1. Helm with hunter orb
2. Glove with spite essence
3. Chest with crusader orb or shaper chest with alt spam

Semi cheaply, we can craft
4. Large cluster jewels
5. % int amulets
6. >18% belts

In practice it looks like we need rings for int and resist, thus aren't corrupting %int rings anymore. Everything else we buy.

So I'm not quite sure yet how compelling this league is going to be. I really liked delirium because it made maps fun again (except when only a few simulacrum shards dropped where I expected many.)

What do you folks think? (I'm pretty sure it's going to be way more difficult to find the jewels we currently use for OPness -- unless there's a Harvest recipe to make them...)
Last edited by Graiaule on Jun 14, 2020, 10:26:15 PM
well me not fun of craft in PoE. harvest league i think gona be best for who likes crafting + for ssf/hc people.
i think with 90% chance i gona skip such league cause nothing interesting(w8 for patch notes, but not sure)

about clusters jewels+split personality => our build without it can do all content, and it's just about how much you can spend time in game just to farm currency and buy them)

For me it's easier to farm currency and buy item's than to craft them.
looking to make this my starter for Farmville league. Should I plan to use the 3.9 or 3.10 tree to start since jewels may be more difficult to come by? i didnt really play delirium so im not sure how much that will affect tree etc
so the league ends and i have did a new goal in my poe carrier. Its the first time i got a char at 99 in a league and in poe since closed beta.

With 18k es and 3600 int it was first time to do it myself. I dont do chayula runs and only sim runs myself. so it was hard work but the map overflow makes it possible. i Killed also first time uber elder and sirus deathless.

I think all other leages will stay behind this one. I dont beleave that split personality or the cluster jewels will ever be so cheap (and cheap means 10 ex for cluster and 6 to 8 ex for split). Now the cluster are at 50 ex and will see how it will be in std. But if there is no posibility to get that amount of splinters it will be like the wathchers eye what was 5 to 10 ex all leagues and this league at 30 to 40 ex.

As grainaule wrote we cant do so much with crafting and if they do what ggg said that they will heavily reduce the loot (and i can say it was not fun to pick up the loot and at the end from this league i dont collect nothing else as splinters and chaos and ex ) its for us not possible to reach this power again i fear.
And after this league i cant belive that we will ever get this high int and es again.

I will give the new league a try and perhas, if the build isnt that funny to play i give my verry first poe build a two hand slammer a try.
Will see
it's too early to talk about anything.....
"

And after this league i cant belive that we will ever get this high int and es again.

When you will want to see the History, you could always throw a look to my char from Delirium league which will rot in Standard together with her older min_maxed_OP ancestors:

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jun 15, 2020, 10:01:58 AM
Quick review of playing the build in delirium as my last build of league

- Got to level 95, was almost at 96 but starting messing around then couldn't be bothered to get the last level (Would have needed another level on top to get anything meaningful). Highest level ever, I play quite a lot but normally re-roll around 91/92. And I refuse to just run things like chayula rotations.

- One of the strongest allround builds I've played. Between lvl 50 and 95 I think I only died to Sirus (Bad at that fight). And last few Sirus fights were deathless. Uber Elder totally trivialised.

- Performance wasn't great even on an ok rig (rtx2060, i7 processor etc)

- Can't see a thing a lot of the time. Delirium makes it worse. But doesn't really matter as you are safe.

- Not sure if I'll play it again. Super strong, not really slow at all, but it sometimes feels like it is. not a lot of interesting gearing options which kind of hinders my enjoyment. Great build - just maybe not for me.

- I might keep them going in standard and see if I can throw more gear on it just for science though. And to be a future boss tester/killer. Got some legacy ES gear knocking around that I'd need to try and get int rolls on.

Got to 3371 int and 17,385 es - which was more than enough. That's with a +30 ES on hit watchers eye.

Gear

Managed to get an Overlord + Genius megalomaniac the day before end of league, though think I actually prefer my one with culling vs cursed mobs + overlord.

Running 8 Int/ES split personalities - I bought one each time I got the currency. Just 2 Int/Eva ones - getting to very diminishing returns on upgrading those. Probably a solid investment though if I do ever want to cash in on standard!

I corrupted a LOT of cyclopean coils. Weirdly they all either bricked, or did nothing. Didn't get a single interesting corruption.

Hi all!

I'm reading up on all the new stuff in preparation for the Harvest league. What I see so far that can be applied to this build:

1. New crafting: free exalts and annuls targeting specific mod types. Nice!

2. New crafting: Synthesis implicits are back. 6% Int, Arcane Surge on hit. Nice!

3. Arcanist Brand + Icestorm? Sounds interesting, although big questions about cast speed, mana costs and a possible need to take certain clusters in the tree.

I can't seem to find anywhere: What's going to happen to the cluster jewels? I assume Delirium is going to be added as a regular 10% chance core mechanic. But what about Split Personality and other cluster jewels? Did GGG post any information about what they are planning to nerf and how?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info