[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
terby wrote:

Thank you so much for the help Graiaule !
Regaling didn't do anything good so I decided to follow your advice.
- used a perfect fossil to get 30% quality
- spammed a few alteration orbs to get % incrInt and + maxES:

Should I imprint it ? Then regal to get +Int mod and ES mod, if not use an annulment and regal it again ?
I'm learning slowly but this is so much fun trying to craft your own stuff.

That's only T2 ES. You need 91 or more to get the max ES.

However, it's still a good chest. I would regal and then put it up for sale while you work on another chest. Let someone else take the crafting risk while you try to roll T1's.
"
Graiaule wrote:
PSA

I learned today you can search for desired number of suffixes/prefixes in trade.

A couple of leagues ago, there was an explicit semi-functional button, but that disappeared. So, I've been doing it the hard way, looking at the items that spawn on search.

Just type "prefix" or "suffix" in the +Add Stat Filter bar and prepare to be amazed.

OMG! I thought they removed the mod filters cause they weren't working correctly or w/e.

Thank you so much! This makes searching for craftable bases a lot easier.
What happened to the ability to craft Aspect of the Spider as a prefix when all suffixes are already taken by non-crafted mods? I clearly remember it working in the past, I've crafted it myself. But when I try to craft it on these gloves

it says that the item doesn't have an open suffix and refuses to craft it. I tried removing the crafted ES prefix too - same result. The item has 3 suffixes and 1 prefix, and yet Aspect won't craft as a prefix. Did they remove that option?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
What happened to the ability to craft Aspect of the Spider as a prefix when all suffixes are already taken by non-crafted mods? I clearly remember it working in the past, I've crafted it myself. But when I try to craft it on these gloves

it says that the item doesn't have an open suffix and refuses to craft it. I tried removing the crafted ES prefix too - same result. The item has 3 suffixes and 1 prefix, and yet Aspect won't craft as a prefix. Did they remove that option?

Kelvynn, Aspect was, is and probably will be always a suffix :)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 27, 2020, 5:02:18 PM
I checked back to my character from the Bestiary league, and sure enough, Aspect of the Spider is a suffix on my amulet there. You may be misremembering, Kelvynn.
Ha ha ha, just managed to craft this shitty jewel (exalted +2 to All attributes):

Empyrean Spark
Large Cluster Jewel
Unique ID: 6a680f040b9dacb227d83f5c4e6d657586d22d85223c79c84ca7959338e159cb
Item Level: 62
Implicits: 2
{crafted}Adds 8 Passive Skills
{crafted}Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Cold Damage
Added Small Passive Skills also grant: +2 to All Attributes
1 Added Passive Skill is Blanketed Snow
1 Added Passive Skill is Cold to the Core
1 Added Passive Skill is a Jewel Socket

And gained about 10% more Shaper average hit by replacing a Fertile Mind in a border socket near CI.

Shaper Average hit went up from 103K to 115K with loosing only 19 Intelligence and around 90 ES in the process!

Now i can say that i have interact with the new league mechanic related to these shitty jewels!
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 27, 2020, 11:28:23 PM
you guys are pissing me off, im no where near your gear and cant get crap for drops. Can someone look at my setup and tell me what to upgrade next i have 2 exalts so far and thats it.

i did manage to complete the simulcrum though. It was tough used all portals. Once i figured out the attack patterns of the final boss it was easy but it took forever. Was not using cold penetration at the time maybe thats why. Inspiration is a good support but i ditched it recently for cold pen and my damage seems alot better.
Last edited by Twelvepack on Mar 28, 2020, 1:45:22 AM
Hi, is there any way to cast icestorm from a distance or stop moving towards the target. Like it cast at the location of mouse cursor, so im always moving toward the target with cyclone. There are situations where it might be safer to keep certain distance from the target.
"
Twelvepack wrote:
you guys are pissing me off, im no where near your gear and cant get crap for drops. Can someone look at my setup and tell me what to upgrade next i have 2 exalts so far and thats it.

i did manage to complete the simulcrum though. It was tough used all portals. Once i figured out the attack patterns of the final boss it was easy but it took forever. Was not using cold penetration at the time maybe thats why. Inspiration is a good support but i ditched it recently for cold pen and my damage seems alot better.

Swap Arcane Will for Foresight
Get a chest you can craft 6% incr attrs on
Upgrade your rings (more int/ES)

If you don't know how already, learn to use live search on pathofexile.com/trade to look for gear.
"
Twelvepack wrote:

dunno about these guys specially but in my experience you have to craft your own stuff if you wanna fully juice a build like this. most people just aren't going to farm enough raw currency to spend on some of the gear from trade. it's overpriced as fuck as most people crafting the items are using them, making supply low. if you know the methods of crafting to get the best value out of currency then in most cases it is cheaper doing that than straight up buying it. exception is stuff like rings and jewels because they are just too annoying to do and don't really have many tricks to narrow down what you want, outside of just plain luck

look at chests with decent ES with both flat and %int... there are very few on the market and the cheapest ones are 15ex+. i paid 70c for the base and crusader slammed it for a total of just over 4ex. same with helmets. good ES plus flat and % int is 15ex+. i paid 20c for a base and hunter slammed it for a total of around 4.5ex. same goes for amulets, a good one is extinct on poetrade and if one popped up it would be 100ex or more.

if you don't wanna delve into crafting your own pieces then just stay realistic and don't compare yourself to these people because they have spent an ungodly amount of currency achieving this gear and they also probably play a TON more than you too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info