Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
shrunn57 wrote:

Only problem I have is that I get frozen a lot. Could wish for freeze protection, but I haven't even done the pantheon upgrade that helps with that yet.

Anyway, thanks to Kelvynn for another excellent guide.

Soul of the Brine King fully updated + a Chemist's Sulphur Flask of Heat or an Enduring Eternal Mana Flask of Heat and you will get frozen and chilled way less and for a shorter period of time if that happens.

And there are always "Cannot be Frozen " or "(18-20)Increased Movement Speed/Cannot be Chilled" mods that can be crafted on boots if you want.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 17, 2020, 3:15:00 PM
"
And there are always "Cannot be Frozen " or "(18-20)Increased Movement Speed/Cannot be Chilled" mods that can be crafted on boots if you want.

The latter boots are an option if "cannot be chilled" also prevents freeze. The Wiki doesn't indicate that happens. I know my juggernauts can't be frozen or chilled since they can't be slowed.
"
shrunn57 wrote:
"

The latter boots are an option if "cannot be chilled" also prevents freeze. The Wiki doesn't indicate that happens. I know my juggernauts can't be frozen or chilled since they can't be slowed.

They don't, it's either one or the other, you can't have both in just one mod. But go with the flasks and the pantheon is more comfortable and you don't waste a mod on boots.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 17, 2020, 3:29:37 PM

POGCHAMP!!!!

thanks to Kelvynn for that great build
so i am trying to craft an helm cus the decent helm ppl want is way 2 much exl

i have 2 helms 1 of them has 10% int and the other has -9 cold resist what do i go with for now untill i land that sweet roll of both of them?
"
FairyTanya wrote:
so i am trying to craft an helm cus the decent helm ppl want is way 2 much exl

i have 2 helms 1 of them has 10% int and the other has -9 cold resist what do i go with for now untill i land that sweet roll of both of them?
With current +res mods on map I think that -9 resist is better.
hi

I have on a chest i tryed to craft the recover % energy shield on kill mod on it. Is this like the watchers eye with energyshield on hit with dicipline or didnd it higher the leech rate like on hit from we did?
"
hi

I have on a chest i tryed to craft the recover % energy shield on kill mod on it. Is this like the watchers eye with energyshield on hit with dicipline or didnd it higher the leech rate like on hit from we did?

That mod (% energy shield recover on kill) is only triggered when you kill a mob and is not related with ES leech, ES regeneration or ES on hit.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 18, 2020, 12:11:15 PM
I have a couple of questions on the choices of supports for Icestorm.

The recommendations are conc effect, elemental focus, and cont dest in blue sockets, and cold pen in green.

I was looking at energy leech instead of one of the blues. I tried it with a not fully leveled energy leech instead of elemental focus, and it felt much stronger defensively to me. There is some loss of damage but I like keeping my energy shield pegged. Not sure if swapping it for one of the other two would be better.

I also looked at added cold damage (or the awakened one if you can afford), and the thing that is good about it is that it adds not only to Icestorm, but also Cyclone. PoB thinks the total damage is significantly higher than with Cold Pen, even though calculated cold resist drops from -61 to -23 for me. I also see that Cyclone can crit and chill, even if Icestorm doesn't (may depend on links).

If there is already discussion on this, please point me to it. I'm not sure PoB does all the calcs correctly for this odd weapon and skill, so I may be being mislead.

edit: looking at added cold further, I can't believe it is comparable to cold pen. Whatever it does for cyclone can't be much.

edit 2: if anyone models this, make sure to check "full energy shield" in the config. With energy leech, ES stays full almost always, which gives the damage bonus.

edit 3: I modeled this on Kelvynn's PoB, and his damage goes from 57k to 68k per hit, but his leech doesn't go up as much as mine (maybe a cap thing).

edit 4: it turns out to be much better to replace controlled destruction rather than elemental focus. The uptime of elemental overload was poor before, but near 100% with CD out and EF in. Also damage is a little higher as well.

edit 5: using energy leech supprt hits the cap, so I was able to remove the Ethereal Feast cluster and one other node and get another Brute Force jewel slot instead. More ES and more damage. I'm over 8K ES and 36k damage per hit with still no significant expenditures.
Last edited by shrunn57 on Jan 18, 2020, 6:04:00 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
hi

That mod (% energy shield recover on kill) is only triggered when you kill a mob and is not related with ES leech, ES regeneration or ES on hit.

hm ok thx for answer. Also its not the answer i prefer :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info