[3.10]Maddington's |STATIC STRIKE|

!!!NEW GUIDE LINK!!!11/03/2020
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784639
NEW GUIDE LINK!!

Hi! It's time for short story. Im maddingtonbear and i like to play PoE very much.
I have tried many things in poe, but only 1 have been truly, truly, truly outrageous.
Static strike.
I've spent 600+ hours for legion to find out secrets of static strike.
All the information i have digged and tested, i am trying to place it here.
How i see it, static strike is one big mix of for off-meta power, fast clear and really fun play style. There is many different ways you can get this build work, tanky, balanced, high dps what ever we want.
Special thanks to talonaus86's Voidforge Static Strike Slayer who inspired me to make my own guide. And big thanks to players who have played this guide, evolved and made this better. You guys inspire me to continue!
THANK YOU!

Introduction to static strike 3.8 Blight edition.
I will update this guide every week and my playing progress so you will get all the help you need. (Last update 04/11/2019)
I will dedicate my league playing for this guide and static strike.
You can follow my progress here and PoB.
I will add later all the versions of static strike builds i have on my mind but our number one is our league starter build. So lets go!

Thanks to new 3.8 changes we are going to raider ascendancy.
This build will hit hard and go fast. We will use phase run and our weapon of the day is two-handed sword.
New changes allows us to do amazing amount of damage, defence and move fast. This all could be done 3.7 too but now i found it more likely better.
Second thanks to talonaus86 again for introducing me phase run synergy with static strike.

Pros
+ Off-meta, static builds have almost extinct in PoE.
I have always liked to try new things and that's why i count this for pros, its making game more interesting.
+ Very fast clear. At legion all encounters was cleared 100% and all tiers in atlas is fast and easy.
+ Very satisfying and fun playstyle. You just hit and start running and everybody is dead.
+ ALL-CONTENT. Fast and smooth delve, fast map farming, lab & endgame content all doable.
+ Beginner friendly. This build is good for beginners and also old timers who seek new aspects for the game.
+ Balanced build. We have good defences and 3 mill shaper dps without super expensive gear.
We still can reach 8 mill with endgame gears.
+ You run really really reallllly fast. We will talk about it later too.
+ I will update active this guide and try to help all who needs advice.
+ You can use static strike since level 12

Cons
- Need few items to pop up at late game, but all items can be farmed or bought with few exalts so thats not gonna be problem.
- Struggle elemental reflection maps.

Player reviews (NEW!!!)
Spoiler
Hashmalin
Spoiler
"
hashmalin wrote:
This is a review of the build:

THIS WAS MY LEAGUE STARTER

Time played:

Well. Have you ever wondered if Flash and Thor had a baby? (I know, biology doesn't work like that) Or even Sonic had babies? (the new movie sux yeah).

TIE UP YOUR BOOTS YA SCRUB AND ROLL OVER EVERYTHING WITH THIS MAGNIFICENT BUILD

Here's the answer:

This build works like a charm inside a Blight/Blighted Map.
Random person: BuT i ThInK VeNoM aNd DivInE Iz BeTtAr.
Me: Well, it is. BUT IS A HELLA LOT MORE EXPENSIVE YOU DUMBASS.

Quick review TL:DR :
Fun: *****
Clear Speed: *****
Survivability: ***** (Well, is acro anyway, L2P THE GAME ya scrub)
Bossing: ***** (This is not a 50m DPS build and you have to swap gems)
Cost: ***** (With 5ex you could do wonders)
Overall: *****
(You will feel frustrated at the beginning when bossing, i know)

Finished Zana Quest Line (23/09/2019)

FARRUL'S FUR ISN'T NEEDED (Not even that good), 5L VOIDFORGE AND LOREWEAVE WORKS LIKE A CHARM!
i just like to show up hehe and i'm rich becuz thiz build ya nubs PLIS SOMEONE BUY ME STASH TABS OR MTX halp!

Current Gear:
Spoiler

My great thanks to maddingtonbear as he helped me with this and we're trying to evolve this build.

Peace out!

my character right now:

Spoiler

POB Link:
Spoiler
"
https://pastebin.com/1WvzJHpt
MAKE SURE TO TURN PHASE RUN ON FOR BEAMS TRUE DPS.
TURN CHAIN ON FOR MAPPING, HYPOTHERMIA FOR BOSSING
AND IGNORE MY DAMAGE ON FULL LIFE AND CHAIN IN ANCESTRAL WARCHIEF, I KNOW IT DOESN'T WORK AND WILL CHANGE.

How to play it?
Spoiler
Playstyle
Always before engage, use blood rage, needed flasks and then jump with leap slam in to group of enemies, hit once and start phasing around enemies and all near you will just blow up. You can also use phasing for fast movement, or escape. You will make your own art of destroying enemies with static and find out how satisfying playstyle this is.
You need to hit just once, and then again reset your beams with hit when its safe. When you go for tough rares / bosses use your totem and continue attacking or if you need to dodge much attacks then hit when you can and run around. Static strike unique playing style allows you to go pretty free and dodge projectiles while still doing tons of damage.
You can image static beams for Forrest Gump and run.. run Forrest run.

This is straight loan from Talonaus86 guide
"The gem interaction between Static Strike and Phase Run is unique in that the Static Strike beams can gain the DPS bonus from Phase Run for the full duration of Phase Run.
This, and the fact that the Static Strike beam attack rate is not dependent on attack speed, is what makes this build strong and special."
I can't explane it better so i will give all honors for talonaus.

Skill tree / PoB
Spoiler
I will update PoB and this guide all time when im playing.
Here will be guide for leveling and my progress steps.
Here is endgame PoB link: https://pastebin.com/gMCfG7Lb
(updated 10/09/2019)
changelog
-Changed paths near duelist area. (!MAJOR CHANGE!)I calculated that these changes could do us better damage and also defence.
Here is current progress PoB link: https://pastebin.com/X7ie6Aan
(updated 28/09/2019) (oil enchants added now!)
This is first version off ready skill tree, there might be changes and all suggestions are welcome, thanks!
https://i.imgur.com/icJu1WA.png Build path help.

Leveling Progress / current gear BLIGHT LEAGUE
Spoiler
06.09.2019 23.08 login que
07.09.2019 Around level 15, got my static strike and now i can just run
these acts. I leveled with frostblades before i got my static strike, it was ok when you can get winter spirit from skill tree.
I noticed dual swords are very effective and nice leveling weapons.
You get nice early buffs for swords too from talent tree.
I will updating my current gear here and you find current progress PoB-link from "Skill tree / PoB spoiler" so you guys can see what im using for levelling.
I also have tested elemental hit for second skill and its working nice.
Starting act 4 level 38. My journey have been slower than expected because im sick atm but we are going forward!
Act 4 ending soon. Got herald of purity and 4 linked static strike with melee physical damage, elemental dmg and hypothermia and its working nicely.
Just finished lab and got my raider ascendancy, i test Rapid Assault because onslaught buff is pretty cool.
Part 2 Act 6 level 50 started. For now everything is going pretty smooth.
Just got my Terminus Est Tiger sword wich tripled my DPS! Really good buff at 50 level.
8/09/2019 Starting act 7.
Just completed second lab, took 2 runs
Got my static strike enchant for helmet, good help. Trying to balance resistances, monsters hurting these levels. Also taking some health nodes from talent tree.
Starting act 10 level 68. No hard times, going pretty smoothly.
Should upgrade some gear soon, resistances are pretty low.
Acts completed now. Next stop atlas and shaper here i come!
Now i can focus to grind endgame gear and evolve this build more :)
Merciless labyrinth done with second attempt.
09/09/2019 Starting farming maps, delve and masters. Got now 200k dps and its enough for early maps and also resistances +70 wich is making me more stronger.
Next im trying to get voidforge.
10/09/2019I tried to figure how to make better clear and burst damage when i dont have voidforge yet.
I tried vaal ancestral warchief and it really really helped me alot. Example Alva instruction i just spammed 2 totems to help me clear, blight encounter was much easier and against boss x2 warchief was great succes.
Got my voidforge atlast and now we can begin the real map running.
14/09/2019 Farming new stuff and currency.
Got my 6-linked armour and made important note that we need chain in this league, we must have that for blight encounters to make our life much easiern.
15-16/09/2019 Farm farm nothing important.
Made another static strike character as Shadow. We are going to have some really interesting days.. testing testing.
18/09/2019Doing basicly daily quests, delve and farming. I am playing almost daily, i wanna update here but kind of boring everyday mark my daily routines so i am going to write here if i have something interesting ! :)
21/09/2019Got circle of guilt and wise oak, good stuff!
22/09/2019Uber lab done and last ascendancy. Hydra / Phoenix done.
23/09/2019Got some endgame helmet, pretty good!
29/09/2019Shaper first attempt and win. All guardians deathless, shaper was good opponent, but win for us.
05/10/2019Farming still, unlucky x.x Blight maps going easy and delve is rolling nicely.
18/10/2019Missing some time for playing, but still here! Try to keep dailys running and get currency for evolve this.
Delve progress depth 100
Atlass progress tier-13
Current DPS progress 1.8 mill
Shaper / Elder progress - guardians 4/4 Shaper down

Low level encounter with static strike
DPS and other explanations
Spoiler

- Do not believe what your in game dps calculations tells you.
Mine shows at the moment 50k when my true dps is 500k.
- Most of the people use path of building where you can get pretty clean calculations and also specific dps.
- Important note if you check your dps from PoB and you use voidforge - you must change "300% of weapon damage.." away and replace it "Gain 100% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 100% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 100% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
" because for some reason PoB dont know how to calculate voidforge dps. So this is the way how we get our dps calculated with voidforge.
- Also we need to remember add correct settings for enemies and flasks etc. You can check mine from PoB link.

Items
Spoiler
Items
I will add later more and more what i have on my mind but for now because we are short in time for league starting i will write what are we looking for.
Weapons:If we go safe way our core option is Voidforge Infernal Sword. . We aim for clean 6-linked voidforge. We can farm it from shaper or buy raw voidforge with 50-80 chaos and link it by our self. Its pretty cheap invest for its damage.

We can use Terminus Est Tiger sword before Voidforge. Its really cheap with links and do the damage too. I think we could use nice rare 2-h sword too. I will get into that more later.

Head I suggest rare helmet. We can make it by our self or buy it. What we are looking is life, resistance balance and Static Strike has +2 maximum Beam Target enchant.
We can start with these and try to get best possible rolls.
We can use shaper / elder items too and Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet for tough guys who like dmg. Abyssus is risk to use, you might get 1 shotted some times but you can make your build armour based and get away
from those awfull 1 shots.
Everything is possible. I will try to get much more options for you guys to use!

Gloves
Always good option, Tombfists with 2 abyssal sockets are really great but expensive so you can go with 1 socket.
This idea came from talonaus86 and these gloves are really great and nice for budget. Corrupted version can acquire us Elemental Weakness curse on hit wich is really powerfull.
This is example, we can play with crit, shaper, elder items.
There is always good option use rare gloves.
We can get what we want, life, resists, missing int maybe some dmg.

Boots I prefer rare boots. We can get so much resists, life, movement speed all nice things with rare boots. Example

I will add more options and examples later.

Armour Our standard goal is Loreweave.
Its easy to acces because "This item can be acquired by vendoring 60x Unique Rings." so we can get it from recipe. We can also buy it from markets.
If you want go more tank and leave some dps away you can go Kaoms.
You will miss some single target dmg but it will provide a lot of health.
I think we could use Carcass Jack Varnished Coat and i will try Farrul's Fur
Triumphant Lamellar how we do with this nice chest.
Also rare chest with "gems are supported by maim" is working well.
If you go with that make sure you have good rolls too.
Loreweave is hard to beat.

Belt
I am using mostly rare stygian vise. Abyssal socket is nice buff
for us and we can get huge amount of life, resists and elemental damage to our belt. I think there is few unique belts that could work Head Hunter, The Retch.

Rings I have used mark of the elder ring + rare shaper ring, The Taming Prismatic Ring and just double rare rings.
Both ways working nicely.
I personally maybe prefer rare rings, we can get exactly what we want.
I like balanced build so i like to balance stats with rings, life, resists, then we can add some phy dmg to attacks / elemental damage / critical strike chance, critical strike multiplier.
We can keep upgrade our rings long away for endgame becouse really good rare rings cost a lot.

These are some example rings, just showing where we are going.

Amulet Rare amulets are really stong. We can again keep balancing our stats. There is also good place to add some phy dmg, ele dmg, crit chanse and multiplier. Still always life resists go first.
We can also add crafts increased dmg wile leeching, increased Melee Damage
+1 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed Attack range or just missing stats what we need. There is some interesting unique amulets too what we can use.

There is some examples again

Gems (IMPORTANT CHANGES!)
Spoiler
Gems (WILL UPDATE GEM PICTURES SOON)

6-link chest / sword
Static strike, melee physical damage support, elemental damage with attacks support,fortify, damage on full life support, chain.
other options: We used before hypothermia but because blight league i noticed chain is way more effective. (changes)
I like hypothermia more but yes chain is better in this league.
We might need swap ruthless support for harder bosses for more damage.
I can also recommend ancestral call if you want add more attack targets and i will test how new multisrike works with static.

6/4-link chest / sword
Ancestral Warchief, Elemental damage with attacks, melee physical damage support, hyphotermia support, ruthless support, maim support
other options:I strongly recommend to try Vaal version of ancestral warchief, i liked it better late game.
talounaus86 used concerated effect support, its good.

4-link boots / helmet / gloves
Leap slam, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support, blood rage, phasing
oether options: You can use dash, any movement skill what you like. I like the combination of leap slam and endurance charge on mele stun.
We can jump in and start phasing.

Hatred, Herald of purity, war banner, englihten support
other option: you can use banner for your prefer (dread do not work with voidforge) blood and sand, flesh and stone for good survivability and also damage.

Cast when damage taken, steel skin, precision

other options We can mix up gem orders this is something i made up. If you don't wanna use enlighten you can swap it with precision.
We can also re-organize blood rage and phasing to add some support gems to leapslam (faster attacks, blood magic) or (increased duration) for blood rage + phasing.

Jewels / Flask
Spoiler

Flask There is many options, i like to use Diamond Flask for lucky crit strike. Lion's Roar will give nice damage boost and also 3000+ armour.
Then we can use The wise oak bishmut flask its nice mix up for damage and balancing resists. I like to use also 1 quick silver flask for going fast.
Last flask choice is kind of optional what you like to use, i prefer 1 panic health flask like example Blood of the Karui flask.
We can add some nice immune / remove effect for flasks too. It will help you at many situations, example you open strong box and it will freeze you, but
you have immune to freeze at some flask you can use it before box explode and day saved. I will add more options later too.

Some example flasks.

Jewels increased maximum life, critical strike chance / multiplier for two-handed melee weapons,
critical strike multiplier with elemental skills, melee criticial strike chance. There is many options, always increased maximum life is good but you can also go full damage modifiers.
Abyssal jewel we use murderous eye and stat options would be life, physical damage, gain phy dmg as extra fire damage
chance to gain unholy might for # seconds on meleekill
increased critical strike chance if you haven't dealt a critical strike recently , increased damage if you've killed Recently
, critical strike multiplier if you've killed recently
So there is alot of options what we can use.

There is examples.

Bandits, Ascendancy,Pantheon & enchants
Spoiler

Bandits Kill all for 2 extra points or help alira. I personally like take 2 extra points.

Pantheon
Major god will be Soul of Lunaris, it will provide us nice buffs
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
1% increased Movement Speed for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%'
10% chance to avoid Projectile Damage
5% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells if you've been Hit Recently
Avoid Projectiles that have Chained

Minor god there is few good options.
Soul of Garukhan
Soul of Gruthkul
Soul of Ralakesh

Your choice.

Ascendancy Start here: Way of the poacher, Avatar of the slaughter, rapid assault, avatar of chase
There might be changes for those i will update if so.

Enchants
These are first potential amulent ehchants with oils.
Static Blows, Teal Oil - Violet Oil - Crimson Oil
20% increased Shock Duration on Enemies
40% increased Critical Strike Chance against Shocked Enemies
30% increased Damage if you have Shocked an Enemy Recently
30% increased Effect of Shock

Blade of Cunning, Sepia Oil - Azure Oil - Silver Oil
20% increased Physical Damage with Swords
40% increased Critical Strike Chance with Swords
+15% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Swords
20% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Sword

Fatal Blade
, Amber Oil - Opalescent Oil - Opalescent Oil
10% increased Damage with Swords
60% increased Critical Strike Chance with Swords
+30% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Swords
10% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Sword

Ring enchants i haven't checked properly yet good enchants, i have my self meteor tower buff.
Head enchant - static maximum beams targets + 2
Boots enchants - your choice / i like cold damage to attacks buff.

Leveling / Playing TIPS
Spoiler

-I started with frost blades and dual swords.
-You will get static strike at level 12. After completing The Siren's Cadence Act 1 you can buy static strike from Nessa. You will reward it too with templar, marauder and scion from same quest.

-Use 2 speed potions and only static big groups for experience. My goal is just get atlas fast as possible. If you are new player or just like to keep things slower you can clear all monsters and get level lead from monsters.

-Try to get some health and you can play any weapon you like. I started with dual swords.

-You shouldn't have problems if you get few starting items(you can buy with few alch from shop or make your own gear with recipes) and keep it simple hit and run.

-Try to get Terminus Est sword near 50 level it will boost you alot.

-If you feel like you need to spam flasks all the time you should take some life leech from tree. It helped me alot.

-There is many good starter unique items (cant link those for some reason)
Tabula rasa, prismweave rusticsash, unique leather belt with mana / life leech, there is few good rings that you can use too. Those most commons what will drop.

-Important thing you must complete all side quests too, you get good rewards.

-If you struggle some bosses try to hit and jump around, don't stand still, you will kill it at some point. If it feels like you get killed a lot take life nodes and add life / resists to gear.

-Most important things at boss fights you need to know tactics (shaper, guardians). It's half win if you know what to do.

-NEW PLAYERS , check vendor recipes from PoEwiki https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system there is many helpfull recipes what you can use!

-Later game you will wonder how you can manage all your auras? I don't have mana? Keep your precision aura at level 1, do not level up it.

-https://i.imgur.com/icJu1WA.png build path for this build if you dont know where to start.

Help me to make this guide better and share your experiences!

Q & A
Spoiler

Q:Gem orders? A: static, melee phy dmg, ele dmg, fortify / hypo. When you have enough life leech you can add damage on full life.

Videos / GIFS (NEW STUFF!29/09/19)

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/iKmOgmlAHmM
Shaper realm first video!

Change log:
25/09 player reviews added
28/09 change log added
29/09 youtube account + videos added!

Please give me feedback, ask anything. You can ask here, PM or whisper ingame (maddingtonbear). This is my first guide and i hope you like it. Remember, WORK IN PROGRESS. Good luck and have fun !
maddingtonbear - level 93 Raider - static strike

Last edited by maddingtonbear on Mar 31, 2020, 12:25:03 AM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2020, 12:55:22 PM
Was literally looking at the build that inspired this one to try on Xbox. Will keep an eye on this one too, since you guys get a couple days head start on us. Good luck.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
Really looking forward to this guide, will also most likely be starting with static strike so i look forward to seeing your tips for leveling and such and how you end up building it.
UPDATE READY:
ADDED ITEMS, GEMS, JEWELS , FLASKS AND MUCH MORE INFO.
PoB Updated 6/09/2019
Added level progress 07/09/2019 and current gear.
Added GIF / progress 07/09/2019
Next gifs, videos.
Last edited by maddingtonbear on Sep 7, 2019, 5:59:40 PM
Hi, i just wanna ask u about PoB. Couse there are no Items or Gems. Only the Tree.
Can u please change that before start of Blight?
Thanks!
Ur Build seems to be nice!
"
Veritas86 wrote:
Hi, i just wanna ask u about PoB. Couse there are no Items or Gems. Only the Tree.
Thanks!

Hi! Nice to hear people are interested about build. I just updated guide here all items and info. Next i will try to get some stuff to PoB!
"
"
Veritas86 wrote:
Thanks!

Hi! Nice to hear people are interested about build. I just updated guide here all items and info. Next i will try to get some stuff to PoB!

Thanks a lot! I really looking forward playing that build!
stumbled across this while making last second decision on what to play while in queue,definitely will be giving this a shot. Only question is recommended buy order for skills even just a rough idea would be super helpful.
"
tyrannis wrote:
stumbled across this while making last second decision on what to play while in queue,definitely will be giving this a shot. Only question is recommended buy order for skills even just a rough idea would be super helpful.

Static strike , melee physical damage, elemental damage, fortify, melee phy dmg when you get leech, last one hypothermia.

You can use Leap slam early for fast moving and phasing but blood rage is risky before decent life leech too. Hatred aura will be usefull early too.
I added current PoB-link and progress so you can follow there!
Last edited by maddingtonbear on Sep 7, 2019, 1:29:38 PM
Playing with this builds. Gotta admit its really promising. Once i got static strike, exping goes smoothly. Looking forward for updated ; )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info