[3.10]Maddington's |STATIC STRIKE|

At the suggestion of a friend I swapped out cleave for Static Strike on my oni goroshi wielding marauder and love the change. I'm only in Act 9, but pretty much walk through the content. I haven't used SS before and don't know much about it.

I'm picking up crit on my tree, but just winging it mostly. I would love some suggestions. I'm hitting over 50k dps while running through stuff.

Thanks
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Very interesting build, try it and write about my impressions later, thanks for off meta build!
"
ChanBalam wrote:
At the suggestion of a friend I swapped out cleave for Static Strike on my oni goroshi wielding marauder and love the change. I'm only in Act 9, but pretty much walk through the content. I haven't used SS before and don't know much about it.

I'm picking up crit on my tree, but just winging it mostly. I would love some suggestions. I'm hitting over 50k dps while running through stuff.

Thanks

Hey and thanks for the post! First i like that sword it look really interesting.
I once had berserker static strike and it will provide much more damage than other classes for SS.
You should check the starting / progress items, there could be something helpfull items. I also would change gems what i suggest to the build, they will provide much more damage when we scale from physical dmg.
If you are going elemental static strike with ele gems then you should add elemental damage buffs from tree.
You could buy lore weave armour 4-5 linked 30-40 chaos it will be huge buff.
When you have 6-link static at your sword you have no problem and take warchief to your chest.
Most important stats for my SS build is phy dmg, life, crit, crit multiplier and elemental damage to attacks.
Always stack ofc resistances to cap.
But for now you should make ur mind do you wanna use elemental based or physical damage based SS. Then start modify your stuff :-)

Hope this messy post helped you some how and ask more if you have something or your mind thank you! And ingame dps is huge lie, if you wanna your true DPS you should use path of building! gl

"
Very interesting build, try it and write about my impressions later, thanks for off meta build!

Thank you for your interest and hope you like it.
Share your toughts and ask anything if you have your mind!
"
Hey and thanks for the post! First i like that sword it look really interesting.
I once had berserker static strike and it will provide much more damage than other classes for SS.
You should check the starting / progress items, there could be something helpfull items. I also would change gems what i suggest to the build, they will provide much more damage when we scale from physical dmg.
If you are going elemental static strike with ele gems then you should add elemental damage buffs from tree.
You could buy lore weave armour 4-5 linked 30-40 chaos it will be huge buff.
When you have 6-link static at your sword you have no problem and take warchief to your chest.
Most important stats for my SS build is phy dmg, life, crit, crit multiplier and elemental damage to attacks.
Always stack ofc resistances to cap.
But for now you should make ur mind do you wanna use elemental based or physical damage based SS. Then start modify your stuff :-)

Hope this messy post helped you some how and ask more if you have something or your mind thank you! And ingame dps is huge lie, if you wanna your true DPS you should use path of building! gl

Thanks very much. I will try out your suggestions.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Oct 3, 2019, 3:22:53 PM
does the build work with flicker ?
i got a voidforge n inpulsar lying ard
so i thought of doing something with them
"
alteisen77 wrote:
does the build work with flicker ?
i got a voidforge n inpulsar lying ard
so i thought of doing something with them

Fun idea tho, it could work. Havent test or tought even that, could be fun..
I would say give it a try. Flicker only buff and we have right stuff for that so why not yeah. If you are trying this let me know how it works!

Good luck

I happen to have played a StaticStrike Assassin this league(to utilize my 5red1green Voidforge that I colored by accident).I have to say that the clear is amazing (almost good as a wildstrike ranger).The tankiness is acceptable,thanks to assassin Elusive I can keep up to 75 spell dodge most of time,though I do get oneshot sometimes(thanks to Abyssus).As for aura I uses Blood&Sand as the decrease of area dmg wont affect Static Beam,and HOPurity for my voidforge.

The CloseCombat support gem attracts me,I wonder if the Beam will get the close range bonus of the initial hit.It would be fantastic if you happen to know that.(for I recolored my voidforge to 5r1g ... QAQ)
"
I happen to have played a StaticStrike Assassin this league(to utilize my 5red1green Voidforge that I colored by accident).I have to say that the clear is amazing (almost good as a wildstrike ranger).The tankiness is acceptable,thanks to assassin Elusive I can keep up to 75 spell dodge most of time,though I do get oneshot sometimes(thanks to Abyssus).As for aura I uses Blood&Sand as the decrease of area dmg wont affect Static Beam,and HOPurity for my voidforge.

The CloseCombat support gem attracts me,I wonder if the Beam will get the close range bonus of the initial hit.It would be fantastic if you happen to know that.(for I recolored my voidforge to 5r1g ... QAQ)

Nice to hear we have 1 more static striker here! Sounds reeally good and yeah i happen to have answer yor close combat support gem question.
Thanks to Sioringas, we had conversation about some gems and he proposed close combat. I havent test it my self but it should work really good!

quate: " Anyway my point in another great gem is close combat i beleive anything 15units and closer it increases the damage my 59% more. In PoB my static strike range is 19. So on the farther targets I do lose some of that 59% but not all of it." - sioringas

Hope this helps! Good luck
hi really thanks for this fresh build and off meta:)

Couple of queries,
1. Kinda of feel bit squishy damage is ok for bosses clear speed is great and fun to play, so anything from defense perspective that we can add?
2. i was thinking to use daresso defiance and take quartz and avatar of Veil?
Kind of synergize with blind and phasing. Since we take darreso we have onslaught (bit suboptimal then rapid assault and avatar of chase).

With this we wont need phasing gem, leap slam endurance charge gem becomes bit auto. Also Darreso gives nice Dodge and evasion.

What are your thoughts? i am not good at POB so not sure if this is optimum :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info