[3.10] VolaBomber | CwC - Volatile Dead Chieftain | All Content

So I just spent the past day goofing off with a jugg version of this, and then decided chieftain was going to be better.

In response to @Tupactheon, just level as any old character until 38. At 38, you want a Heartbound Loop and any 4L with GGBB for Cyclone, CwC, Summon Holy Relic, and Volatile Dead. From there, you should have enough self-damage to consistently proc CWDT connected to Desecrate and have a smooth leveling experience.

And damn, Necro looks super sweet, I think I have to reroll... Why didn't I look at necro before starting this?
Hi mate!! Thx for the guide, its a really cool idea!!

Just a question, im doubting about chief or necro... which one do u think is better?? Don't want to reroll :)

About Necro life leech... with PoB marks 525 with the siphoning charges... wouldn't be enough?

Cheers!
Last edited by PandaDap on Sep 9, 2019, 8:23:40 AM
"
Tupactheon wrote:
any budget gear to start with? i mean soulwrest is 2,2exp right now.

I know dude. For some reason in this league Soulwrest is insanely expensive. I bought 2 6-linked soulwrests in 3.7 for about 50c each. That's why it was so easy to start.

In 3.8 I farmed Blood Aqueduct using Incinerate-CwC-VD-Concentrated-Combustion for Tabula rasa divination cards because we need any 6-link to start. After I discovered that can't afford Soulwrest I started to farm Jungle Valley map for 5-linked staff divination cards. My gem setup for Tabula was:

Cyclone - CwC - VD - Desecrate - Spell Cascade - Concentrated

It was enough for early mapping. Then lucky exalted orb dropped and I bought Disintegrator because it was much cheaper than Soulwrest and much better in terms of dps. After I bought Scold's for 8c and Doedre's for 10c and build started to work properly.

Total cost: 1 lucky Exalt + 18c
Last edited by SiCH13 on Sep 9, 2019, 10:19:37 AM
"
PandaDap wrote:
Hi mate!! Thx for the guide, its a really cool idea!!

Just a question, im doubting about chief or necro... which one do u think is better?? Don't want to reroll :)

About Necro life leech... with PoB marks 525 with the siphoning charges... wouldn't be enough?

Cheers!

Hi! I think they are both great. Chieftan is more versatile, he have a lot of life regen and great life leech from ascendancy, but he can be clunky to setup because of mana issues. I think new Buffed Clarity should sustain our mana much better. So you can try Disintegrator setup as soon as you can afford it. I know that soulwrest is expensive in current league so it's not budget friendly anymore.

Victario's Flight boots can be great for mana sustain aswell and they cost nothing. Keep an eye on perfectly rolled ones.
@SiCH13

Really great concept you got there with your build - i want to try it later this league for sure. Thank you for the guide!

Have you tried using cooldown recovery on items to lower the internal cooldown on CWC? Might result on a moderate DPS increase.

Do you know how much mana you use/damage you take exactely while channeling? Is there a good way to calculate it? Can you modify mana spent/sec by scaling attack speed or is "while channeling" fixed mana cost regardless of attack speed?
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
@SiCH13

Really great concept you got there with your build - i want to try it later this league for sure. Thank you for the guide!

Have you tried using cooldown recovery on items to lower the internal cooldown on CWC? Might result on a moderate DPS increase.

Do you know how much mana you use/damage you take exactely while channeling? Is there a good way to calculate it? Can you modify mana spent/sec by scaling attack speed or is "while channeling" fixed mana cost regardless of attack speed?

I think that CwC internal cooldown is fixed because I tried to use some cooldown reduction items and it did nothing.((

For my current setup I need 54 mana per Cyclone attack. If you scaling attack speed, Cyclone will just drain your mana faster and do more damage to your character.

Here is some math. CWDT have internal cooldown 0.25 sec. So we can proc it not more often than 3 times per second because while CWDT on cooldown it's not tracking any incoming damage. To proc CWDT 3 times we need 3*528=1584 damage.
If you have no armour and any other sources of damage mitigation we need to attack with cyclone 1584/4(scolds multiplier)/54(Cyclone mana cost)=7.3 attack/sec which is not really a lot.
Videos section updated. Added some leveling videos with my Necro variant.
"
SiCH13 wrote:
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
@SiCH13

I think that CwC internal cooldown is fixed because I tried to use some cooldown reduction items and it did nothing.((

For my current setup I need 54 mana per Cyclone attack. If you scaling attack speed, Cyclone will just drain your mana faster and do more damage to your character.

Here is some math. CWDT have internal cooldown 0.25 sec. So we can proc it not more often than 3 times per second because while CWDT on cooldown it's not tracking any incoming damage. To proc CWDT 3 times we need 3*528=1584 damage.
If you have no armour and any other sources of damage mitigation we need to attack with cyclone 1584/4(scolds multiplier)/54(Cyclone mana cost)=7.3 attack/sec which is not really a lot.

Thank you for the reply - I just checked CWC myself and it turned out that the modifier isn't considered a cooldown sadly :(.

The math you provided is really usefull thank you!
So basically it would be possible to build some physical damage reduction into the build while still maintaining enough corpse creation for max dps.

So on a lvl 20 CWC you can cast 2.85 times per second which results into ~25 corpses consumed per second while using spell cascade support (or ~34 corpses consumed with helm enchant)
Now we can caluclate the exact amount of corpse generation needed (you always want to generate enough corpses in one single CWDT cast to not mess up the first cycle if possible)

CWDT has an internal cooldown of 0.25 seconds so it can trigger 3 times a second without any cooldown recovery speed on gear. This seems to be more than enough for this purpose.
By putting in a CWDT-Desecrate-Unearth-GMP setup you generate 10 corpses each time CWDT triggers - sufficient for a setup without helmet enchant
For a setup with helmet enchant you would need 2 CWDT setups, one for Desecrate and one for CWDT-Unearth-GMP-LMP. This gives you 12 corpses to consume which is exactly enough.

So we can assume that we need to trigger CWDT about 3 times per second to provide enough corpses. We can achieve that by leveling up the CWDT gem while also balancing out the mana cost; attack speed is another indirect regulator to be considered...

Man, I love this build already, so much to fun to plan it out.
To be honest: I was pretty upset to the fact that autominers died in 3.8 due to mine changes (scolds autominer was my favourite build in PoE), then I came across your build which is even more interesting and exciting - thank you so much for providing your insight. I hope your can share your progress in 3.8 and update your guide.

cheers

PS: Based on my comment above I think you can even incorporate an automated offering skill in the necro variant of the build without losing consistancy which is pretty nice.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Sep 9, 2019, 1:09:27 PM
"
SiCH13 wrote:
Videos section updated. Added some leveling videos with my Necro variant.

Thx mate!!! Are u planning to do the Necro variant?? Tree, PoB, links etc.?

Do u think Necro could struggle end game?? Or think will be a nice version?

Cheers!!!
Last edited by PandaDap on Sep 9, 2019, 12:30:30 PM
"
PandaDap wrote:

Thx mate!!! Are u planning to do the Necro variant?? Tree, PoB, links etc.?

Do u think Necro could struggle end game?? Or think will be a nice version?

Cheers!!!

Yes, I will do Necro guide probably. This is my main character for this league so I'll find out is it possible to clear all content or not. Until then you can check my profile for gem links, tree, etc. Character name is BSC_VolaBomber.

@Wiesl_1404

Cheers, dude.) Here are my early game necro gear with gems for example.

BTW Spirit Offering works great. Check out new video in post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info