Here's an early look at the Necromancer Ascendancy in Path of Exile: Blight

My only question is whether the es regeneration from consuming a corpse stacks.

If so, new VD meta guaranteed. If not, still interesting with VD but probably mediocre in practice.
"
HerrImHimmel wrote:
"
mc29654363 wrote:
Can we have a peak at the raise spectre gem? since we lost the 100% damage and life from the ascendancy.

Yea, its the one skill im worried about now.

Totally my concern too.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Ascendancy looks like Detonate Dead builds' dream - Plaguebringer, Corpse Pact, Mistress of Sacrifice and Essence Glutton.

Not as tempting for actual minion builds, tho. I guess it's balanced out by the skill gems themselves having some of the bonuses, and I suppose the intention was to open up the summoner playstyle to more classes. Ah well...

Spectres and Skeletons are the biggest hit. Spectres is probably not gonna be that bad - 10% more damage with 30% aoe (assuming Plaguebringer for 2pt) versus 100% increased damage isn't that terrible of a tradeoff.

Zombies is probably going to break even/be better - the cooldown slam is moved to the gem itself, it's lower but it scales with the level of the gem, which you get +2 on the tree and a bunch more on gear and such, so probably reach the old value.

All the other minions (SRS, golems, AW, heralds, phantasms) gain from the changes.

Skeletons is the most hit due to the loss of always hit (the summon amount is rolled on the gem), but should still be able to hit cap skeletons with precision aura / banner and some minion accuracy nodes.
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 30, 2019, 6:45:04 PM
My question would be does the 8% over 2 second in Glutton stack if you use more than one corpse?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 30, 2019, 6:35:20 PM
Welp, I guess Im not interesteed in playing summoner anymore (maybe Elementalist Golemancer). Show me new Sabo.
"
Aynix wrote:
Nice, time to forget Necromancer even exist. No reason to play it over Guardian for summoner.

I doubt I will ever play Necromancer again. (maybe with Volatile Dead, not as summoner thats for sure)

Even if one were to disagree on the impact on the 'standard' minions (skeles, zombies, spectres), this is a clearcut buff to every other type of minion available to us (SRS, golems, AW, heralds, phantasms).
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 30, 2019, 6:48:14 PM
"
karoollll2534 wrote:
Yey...

Exactly what leaked yesterday :|
RIP Raider changes. Maybe after 4.0 you will finally get usefull changes.

Where can I see raider buffs?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Offerings got 25% back eey.

seems nice, will be interesting to see the passive tree changes for minion nodes and the effects of pushing gem levels up on the reworked gems.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I will point out that GGG has stated the minion gems themselves are being buffed, although we have yet to see the datamined details. Complaints about nerfs to specific minions are really missing the point of this ascendancy, which is to allow for general minion support that includes golems, srs, sentinels, agony crawler, and any other new minions GGG introduces down the line.

New Necro also has a ton of defensive nodes which might make this class the tankiest Witch.

We’ll see how people use it, but I think minions will be pretty popular and it won’t just be Volatile Dead like some predictions. I think the negativity here is unwarranted.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
karoollll2534 wrote:
Yey...

Exactly what leaked yesterday :|
RIP Raider changes. Maybe after 4.0 you will finally get usefull changes.

Where can I see raider buffs?

raider leak spoiler
phasing path got 20% move speed instead of 10%, 15% reduced accuracy to nearby enemy's and a 15% elemental penetration to nearby enemy's. It's the only change leaked so far and i don't know if its legit but most of them seem to check out so far.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info