New Gems for Assassins in Path of Exile: Blight - Part One

Spectral "Poison" Throw!
Niiice,
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Iangyratu wrote:

By the way... that's... new?

Not new at all. And of course I wasn't talking about you. You noted that 'gems for Assassins' is a 'change', i.e. gems aimed at an Ascendancy, officially, and the other person suggested it might just be the person who created the post (i.e. presumably Natalia) not understanding PoE (i.e. not realising that 'Assassin' means a specific Ascendancy rather than a playstyle). It was to that notion that I was responding. I thought it was pretty clear by explaining the difference between 'Assassin' and 'assassin' but eh, no accounting for the disconnect between what we think we're saying and what people are hearing.

Back on topic, there's about a 0.0004% chance any of this is going to matter to the incoming *horde* of Minion users with 3.8.

Oh, sorry then. I just automatically assume an attack or sarcasm, etc. when using this forum. That's what kind of answers I would usually get.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
not realising that 'Assassin' means a specific Ascendancy rather than a playstyle

to be fair, afaik, ggg employees have to learn wraeclastian and wraeclastianGggEdition as many terms we use have a different term inside ggg.
well, of course it's their job but you have to consider, entertaining reddit is only 20% of their job description, according to bex.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
eh

"Most sources of Elusive won't overwrite an existing Elusive buff on you. "

So... which sources do overwrite?

How permanent uptime?

pls do tell.

It sounds like literally only the new withering step skill can overwrite elusive buffs with refreshed elusive buffs.

So Nightblade sounds fucking awesome at a glance but when you consider that the average value of the elusive buff you will have from it from it is 20% movespeed, 10% attack and spell dodge, and 50% crit multi, you realize it's... only decent, not god-tier.
"
maxsyspepe wrote:
Cobra Lash 3/10

Pestilent Strike 2/10

Elusive 2/10

Withering Step 1/10

Nightblade Support 1/10

hallo GGG and RIP BLIGHT LEAGUE

BLIGHT LEAGUE 2/10

i wanna play super fun league :(

I also think that all gems accept cobra lash are a bit underwhelming and I would use cobra lash as a deadeye and don´t yet see any new reason to play a assasin.
But before you say rip Blight league wait for the rest this is just the first part of poison gems and they will also add some mine rework and the minion rework. And if you dont like blight dont play it. You surely have enough chars in standard to play them.
And POE allways has its power creep problem that at some point you can only get any further with totally op skills and mechanics and equipment that is high end expensive
Assassin Poison Cyclone here I come...
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Iangyratu wrote:

By the way... that's... new?

Not new at all. And of course I wasn't talking about you. You noted that 'gems for Assassins' is a 'change', i.e. gems aimed at an Ascendancy, officially, and the other person suggested it might just be the person who created the post (i.e. presumably Natalia) not understanding PoE (i.e. not realising that 'Assassin' means a specific Ascendancy rather than a playstyle). It was to that notion that I was responding. I thought it was pretty clear by explaining the difference between 'Assassin' and 'assassin' but eh, no accounting for the disconnect between what we think we're saying and what people are hearing.

Back on topic, there's about a 0.0004% chance any of this is going to matter to the incoming *horde* of Minion users with 3.8.

horde?

minions, no matter how cheap and/or strong are not 'fun' the way other, more active playstyles are.

bow builds, wanders, casters - they offer much more active playstyle, higher damage and no hassle clearspeed. managing minions is tedious, even if youve got 4 shaper-level 6linked spectres that never die - you still have to consider convocation etc maintenance

why bother when Tornado Shot or Cyclone or ED/Contaigion or Ice Nova or Divine Ire or Scourge Arrow do the same with less hassle?

not to mention that aggressive/passive support gems are TERRIBLE revolting design that is not only dissapointed but plain bad

after people realise that minions are the same as ever (just stronger, power creep is mandatory) theyll move on and that wont take long

if the league mechanic can be player-damaged - minions you cannot control are worse choice than Tornado Shot that you actually can
Awesomness!!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
https://steamcommunity.com/id/MickeyDankMouse/
-MickeyDankMouse™-
I hope there's a little bit more on the Assassin tree for Poison than just an Elusive perk. I mean, it kinda looks like these will just work out better for a Pathfinder. There's nothing wrong with mixing of course but would like to see more compensation for the endless potion value we're trading.

Not sure about Quasi-Blasphemy Wither over multi Wither totem either.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
New skills aside, just a buff to poison scaling (inc and multi sources) is nice to see... hopefully overall it's enough to make a difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info