[3.10] Talamoe's 💪 Strength Stacking 💪 Blade Vortex Chieftain | 2400+ Str |

"
careface89 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build really enjoying it so far.

Slowly starting to get more tanky as I gear up.

One thing is my dps seems significantly lower than other people are reaching.

I have just under 2.5k Str and 13.9K ES.

Any tips would be great.

I realise my rings and belt can improve alot along with perfect jewels and a few more level, but I can only seem to each about 700k dps which seems low?

PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/0s2spmGq

Thanks

Simply go to Configuration tab in Path of Building and change your intensify stacks to 4, as well as set 'Exposure type' to fire (you get it from Wave of Conviction cast when Damage taken setup).

Only by doing so I could see your DPS raise to 1.33 mil normal dps, and 822k shaper dps.

Add another tick 'enemy is ignited' and your dps is 1 mil shaper, and 1.25 mil non-shaper dps (this is the reason why I have Combustion in my Wave of Conviction setup)

Last edited by Talamoe on Jan 10, 2020, 8:54:48 AM
Hi!

I've seen the mbXtreme's take on the build. I finished gearing yesterday and fell in love with it :D

I have a question about the watcher's eye, specifically about physical as extra fire. I'm not sure how is if calculated, is it a DPS boost when I have a avatar of fire?
Secondly, I've blown most most of my currency on items, is a watcher's eye with extra fire damage good enough for a mean time or not worth to buy and later switch to another?
Very smooth and comfortable build to play. I am level 70 now and everything is starting to come together. Almost 10k ES and just walking threw mobs watching them melt.

I can really see the potential once I unlock ascendancy points and get more levels. Thanks!
"
masterczolo wrote:
Hi!

I've seen the mbXtreme's take on the build. I finished gearing yesterday and fell in love with it :D

I have a question about the watcher's eye, specifically about physical as extra fire. I'm not sure how is if calculated, is it a DPS boost when I have a avatar of fire?

Glad you like the build :)

Yes, physical as extra fire Watcher's Eye mod contributes to around 15% dmg increase. Below more information on Damage Conversion.

It might help you to understand damage conversion rules, if you go to 'Calc' tab in Path of Building and you check Blade Vortex damage with and without Avatar of Fire passive tree node.

Spoiler

Mechanics
Damage conversion is done before any increases, or multipliers are applied to damage guaranteeing that they are only applied once. However, converted damage is affected by modifiers that apply to both the original damage type it was converted from, and the new damage type that it was converted to.[1]

Damage conversion is used by modifiers on skills, passive skills, equipment, and monsters. It comes in two main forms:

#% of [Damage Type] Converted to [Damage Type]
#% of [Damage Type] Added as [Damage Type] or Gain #% of [Damage Type] as Extra [Damage Type]
The difference between these forms is the effect they have on the original damage. Converted to modifiers replace the original damage with the new damage, while added as preserves the original damage, adding the new damage to the total. These two modifiers do not interfere with one another in any way.

Converted to
For this type of modifier, the original damage is replaced with the converted damage. The amount of any given damage type that can be converted in this way cannot exceed 100%. If the combined value of all converted to modifiers for a given damage type is greater than 100%, the values are scaled so that the total is 100%.[2] Conversion from skill gems (both active and support skill gems) take priority over conversion from other sources (such as equipment), and is not scaled. The game does not distinguish between damage converted by passives and by gear; this may be of some importance when dealing with Avatar of Fire.[3]

Damage conversion only flows in one direction between types, possibly skipping types, but never going in reverse:[4]

Physical → Lightning → Cold → Fire → Chaos
The reason is that conversion is an iterative process from one damage type to the next, so if it goes backwards there'll be an infinite loop.[5] Converted damage can be converted further itself.

Example
Added as
This modifier does not replace the original damage, instead it takes a portion of the damage and adds it to the total as a different damage type.[6] Damage added in this way can exceed 100% of the source damage type, and does not need to be scaled.

"
masterczolo wrote:

Secondly, I've blown most most of my currency on items, is a watcher's eye with extra fire damage good enough for a mean time or not worth to buy and later switch to another?

Keep the Anger, extra phys watcher's eye for now, and upgrade to Clarity watcher's eye once you have a considerable amount of extra currency, let's say 30-50 ex.
Last edited by Talamoe on Jan 10, 2020, 3:05:38 PM
Been running this build for little over two weeks now and it feels somewhat good n all with the dps and high health pool. However, I still feel really squishy, especially against the meta-morph bosses at the higher tier maps.
with almost 15k I almost always end up getting one-shotted with, of course, no damage modifiers on the maps.
Even if I were to add the correct Watcher's Eye jewel I still feel that it wouldn't really help me mitigate much of their damage.

If you have any points I would very much appreciate it.
Last edited by flashyroar on Jan 11, 2020, 2:59:32 PM
Very tanky build as it seems, just moved from my fire build to it. Dmg output seems to be not very strong for now, bosses take much longer than before, but at least not dieing anymore... Guess it would get quite better with 6-link, but I cannot affort them right now. Also the enlighten support on lvl 4 is too expensive and so I cannot run all auras. For now I skipped Discipline due to the ES being already with 12k quite fine.

Damage is the real problem for me :-/
To follow up on my post earlier, the build was good but as I approach tier 12 and above maps I get 1 shot. I need to rate this build differently now, I would have rated it an 8/10 but now I feel really squishy and changing my rating to 4/10. Build is a failure when approaching high tier maps. Not sure what or how I am getting destroyed so easily.
"
tiesto123 wrote:
To follow up on my post earlier, the build was good but as I approach tier 12 and above maps I get 1 shot. I need to rate this build differently now, I would have rated it an 8/10 but now I feel really squishy and changing my rating to 4/10. Build is a failure when approaching high tier maps. Not sure what or how I am getting destroyed so easily.

You must be doing something terribly wrong, as this is one of the most tanky builds available in entire PoE
What would be the next best set up for auras, if you cannot effort the enlighten lvl 4?

Currently having Flamability as manual cast in, but Anger off as it would reserve too much mana and herald of ash seems to add more benefit than Anger does in terms of damage.

-----------
update 1:
Did work a bit on the skill tree and allocated Soverignty for 6% reduced mana. Having 1 less jewel and some less strength nodes, but stiull 13k ES round about. Now all auras are up and running with a lvl 3 enlighten. Damage seems to be quite better, but still I think the 6th link will make it work way better hopefully.

---------
update 2: moved aura set up into helmet and just took one -4 reserve mana node from the top right of the tree. 168 Mana left, fine for now ;-) just wasting one passive point for it
Last edited by tm4g1x on Jan 13, 2020, 11:56:23 AM
I have like 20 EX to spend but dont know what to upgrade next. My damage feels lackluster if I play with Inc AoE over Conc Effect. If I play Conc my damage, right now on AW6, is enough. Boss damage still kinda sucks tho, especially if RF and VBV aren't up. I easily killed Sirus on AW6 twice, didn't need to dodge anything. I just facetank him, but its a little zerg. It's obviously still comfy because I don't have to care about mechanics at all. My gems are soon to be 20/20, I just focused on gear for now.

I'm not happy with my helmet and shield but essences are expensive and a pain to buy so I'll stick with that for now. My goal would be a 220+ ES shield with double t1/2 resistances so I can maybe fit in a second Circle of Anguish or 220+ ES with Strength and +1 to Physical Spell Gems.

I also decided to go with a Lethal Pride to get Glancing Blows. It's simply to smooth out the damage taken curve.
Last edited by soulsilver66 on Jan 14, 2020, 1:53:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info