We're finishing this week by introducing the Celestial Lightning Trap Effect! In addition, this weekend we're bringing back the Apocalypse Mystery Box to the store.

There is a new Celestial Skill Effect to be added to your collection, the Celestial Lightning Trap Effect, which replaces the standard visual effect of the Lightning Trap Skill Gem with a cosmic one, and also leaves a purple and white trail. Check it out by watching the video below or click here to get yours.

Additionally, this weekend we're bringing back the Apocalypse Mystery Box. This means you've got another chance to get the Automaton and Wasteland microtransactions for only 30 points! The Apocalypse Mystery Box will be available until Aug 13, 2019 12:00 AM (EDT) (this is displayed in your local time). In case you forgot the contents of this Mystery Box, watch the trailer below!

Thank you for your support! See you next week!
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
First! Hi Mom!

Also : Dank. But isn't Lightning trap supposed to leave behind a line of shocked ground? It doesn't show very clearly here.

[Edit] : Mixed up Lightning Trap and Vaal Lightning Trap.
Last edited by Monsieur_Gao on Aug 8, 2019, 11:42:23 PM
DANK
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Swing and a miss
Saved
"
Monsieur_Gao wrote:
First! Hi Mom!

Also : Dank. But isn't Lightning trap supposed to leave behind a line of shocked ground? It doesn't show very clearly here.

Only Vaal version.
i prefer the original 1
"
Demiurgi wrote:
"
Monsieur_Gao wrote:
First! Hi Mom!

Only Vaal version.

Ah yeah, that's right. Thanks!
TRAP ME YES!!! PLEASE!!
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
"
Celestial is fast becoming synonymous with 'quick, dirty and easy mtx creation'. Lacking in substance and value. i.e. 'quick, dirty and easy'.

Potentially somewhat justified, but damn that's cynical.

Celestial has probably simply proven itself one of the most popular themes they've come up with. I know I really love it at times for certain characters. But it's always a shame to really love a theme and not have a skill you want to use 'fit' with it. GGG taking the most popular theme and gradually adding as many skills to it as they can makes a good deal of sense. I don't really see a problem with that.
Last edited by Dux_GGG on Aug 13, 2019, 9:06:33 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"
Celestial is fast becoming synonymous with 'quick, dirty and easy mtx creation'. Lacking in substance and value. i.e. 'quick, dirty and easy'.

Potentially somewhat justified, but damn that's cynical.

Celestial has probably simply proven itself one of the most popular themes they've come up with. I know I really love it at times for certain characters. But it's always a shame to really love a theme and not have a skill you want to use 'fit' with it. GGG taking the most popular theme and gradually adding as many skills to it as they can makes a good deal of sense. I don't really see a problem with that.

I've been honing my cynicism for decades. :)

But yeah, I stand by the sentiment. I had a long critical response to the other recent celestial offering but decided to let it slide, given it inspired me to make a non-celestial leap slammer. But two in a row? Bleargh. There are SO many skills that could do with more tastefully-done mtxes. We've come a long way from dragonheaded fireballs and flying frozen fish ice spears, but there's a certain point where an mtx overshadows a skill's core identity. If it's called 'lightning trap', FFS, let it at least look slightly like lightning. If it's called 'leap slam', let there be some semblance of a leap and a slam rather than a 'blink and a warp'. I'm not saying these aren't creative. They're just uninspired and inappropriate.

I'd pay *more* for a simple recolour skill, armour or portal mtx than most of these overwrought messes. Not even kidding.

Huge problem here is that the infrastructure apparently doesn't exist, or they're too stubborn (hello, Purple Arc), that catch-all simple recolors can't just be sold like, say, Warframe. Fact is, they can, they're just doing what they're doing... here... instead. For the many F2P trappings PoE gets right, this and the outlandish individual MTX costs it certainly gets way, way wrong.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Dux_GGG on Aug 13, 2019, 9:09:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info