Winners of the Path of Exile Video-Making Competition

"
"
I really don't get critteria's, i got that feeling that refferee's just look at the first 20 seconds of video and turn it off after this, but EVEN THEN I DON'T GET HOW EE's video is on third place!

My video proves that fun wasn't critteria https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67finar04k;
the video of this dude who also don't get the Runner Up (EVEN RUNNER UP) proves epicness doesn't matter at all too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_a2Ng1tMU

I was expecting 1-3 places, really disappointed with the results, waste of time, and anything... :/

not to shatter your dreams or anything but your video was bad, i hated how EE got top 3 but your video was.... dunno how to put it nicely.

Listen to this guy. They clearly weren't looking for a bunch of dumb memes overlayed on top of PoE footage. That said, yes the EE video is not great and King Of Swords should be a top 3 winner.

The EE win feels like when the Oscars give best Actor to someone 5-10 years too late for their great career rather than the actual performance. EE has been active in the PoE community long enough to give him his Oscar.
Last edited by Unburied_One on Aug 8, 2019, 4:10:27 AM
King of swords should have won with a large distance to the 2nd place.
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
lucienwmoon wrote:
Anyone, like myself, feeling a bit down for not placing try and remember that this contest isn't a validation of your hard work and creativity. All of us put a lot of work into their own videos and regardless of some strangers opinion of it, it's still a great thing that you even took the time to create something good/funny/beautiful (in it's own right). Although I am not a believer in trophies for participation, I do believe as long as you try it means something. Keep your heads up fella's and ladies.

Bullshit.

In future, if that contest return in some form, I will not even think to participate. Because some of winner are very questionable and contest have no any criteria. Even 'under 3 minutes' words is fucked up at the end.

Sorry you're upset bud. Just trying to throw some positive words out there. I agree with what you're saying but lets be proud of what we did in the process of participation.
“When the lambs is lost in the mountain, he said. They is cry. Sometime come the mother. Sometime the wolf.”

twitch.tv/lucienwmoon
"
Unburied_One wrote:
"
"
I really don't get critteria's, i got that feeling that refferee's just look at the first 20 seconds of video and turn it off after this, but EVEN THEN I DON'T GET HOW EE's video is on third place!

My video proves that fun wasn't critteria https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67finar04k;
the video of this dude who also don't get the Runner Up (EVEN RUNNER UP) proves epicness doesn't matter at all too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_a2Ng1tMU

I was expecting 1-3 places, really disappointed with the results, waste of time, and anything... :/

not to shatter your dreams or anything but your video was bad, i hated how EE got top 3 but your video was.... dunno how to put it nicely.

Listen to this guy. They clearly weren't looking for a bunch of dumb memes overlayed on top of PoE footage. That said, yes the EE video is not great and King Of Swords should be a top 3 winner.

The EE win feels like when the Oscars give best Actor to someone 5-10 years too late for their great career rather than the actual performance. EE has been active in the PoE community long enough to give him his Oscar.

"Dumb memes" is genre of video. It's ok you don't get it cus you don't find it as "funny thing" or smthn, but when you don't understand something you don't have to just ignore the whole video, it is like genre, if you ask community to make video you don't have permission to just shut up whole genres such as "meme video" or "guide" ones, like dude, wtf? They didn't accept the "epic" genre as well, i don't get it at all.

If i ask community to make food art i won't ignore any of it, not the rice dishes or coffee cups, it's like food art, wtf???
(even noticing i'm not a fan of food art at all)

Was it contest to shittiest videos? Than it's ok with first place(in critteria of "funny", cus nothing fun in one big refference to "Kung Fury" ) and 3rd, but not ok with 2nd and King of Swords, as it shouldn't participate in that contest at all.

Was it contest to epic video's? Then no prize place given correct in it at ALL.

Was they looking for epic genre? Then why this guy isn't in??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_a2Ng1tMU

Or, most probably, it was just a bunch of shit work, where community managers have duty to make some contest sometime and they don't mind to make any judge of it, so they just put the places at random sometime between 15-20 July.

I really get your point about that EE is worth of some prize for all his work, but that is wrong he get's it in NEW contest between ALL makers, and have any sort of HANDICAP because he DID SOMETHING BEFORE.
I joined the competition because i saw these videos when GGG showed us them second time on forum page. I was, like, shocked, and i did thought i can make it just by making any medium sort video, but i have done a big job about making this. As i said, i used my time, time of my friends, uploaded it on Youtube 3 times (1.5 gb each time with speed of 100 kb/s), and i was counting at "RUNNER UP" prize AT LEAST.

Just try to witness my shock when u see that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_lcXfiN7o video in "video MAKING" contest, where community manager's mentioned: "Your video will be criticized on FUNNY/ENTERTAINING CRITTERIA ". ON A THIRD PLACE WITH 1 GAG. ONE. 1(!!!1)
Me myself is like that dude on Izaro in my video rn.

As i said, it's ok not everyone get the genre, it's NOT OK TO IGNORE IT AT ALL. The contest was either corrupted or made before 5th August, as it said the end of contest.

P.S. I can't believe these are better than me:
3) THICC JUGG Tank Mk. III - Cinematic Teaser by EngineeringEternity;
4) "Once Upon a Time" by CaptainWARLORD
7) This is Path of Exile by HDTanel
12) Path of Exile - Matchmade in Wraeclast by Kishimo
14) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_nGVvxiHE JUST LOOK AT IT, THIS IS RUNNER UP WHEN I AM NOT. HOLY JESUS.

And i did looked not on VIDEO part, but on talent part as well. What i see is this guy with his top 1 video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3T6oxwUSpI is on the 8th PLACE. ON EIGHTH.
He is clearly the only one who beat me in "VIDEO MAKING PART", we were supposed to share the first two places. Even in talent one, what is talent on 14???? WHAT IS TALENT ON 12????

I just can't get it. Rly, fuq this contest, i shouldn't waste time on this shit.
"
lucienwmoon wrote:
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
lucienwmoon wrote:
Anyone, like myself, feeling a bit down for not placing try and remember that this contest isn't a validation of your hard work and creativity. All of us put a lot of work into their own videos and regardless of some strangers opinion of it, it's still a great thing that you even took the time to create something good/funny/beautiful (in it's own right). Although I am not a believer in trophies for participation, I do believe as long as you try it means something. Keep your heads up fella's and ladies.

Bullshit.

In future, if that contest return in some form, I will not even think to participate. Because some of winner are very questionable and contest have no any criteria. Even 'under 3 minutes' words is fucked up at the end.

Sorry you're upset bud. Just trying to throw some positive words out there. I agree with what you're saying but lets be proud of what we did in the process of participation.

What is proud in process of participation in contest where JUDGES DIDN'T WATCHED YOUR WORK, THEY DIDN'T SHOWED IT TO ANYONE, AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN MENTIONED IT AFTER ALL OF THIS.
I don't even talk about my Shaper Shirt and art book(
Where is the amazing "Path of Exile Anime Opening by Ximia" you showed in the previous post, the last time ? Not even top 15 for it ?

And the Amazing "King of Sword", hand made art, not even top 3 ?
Nice hand style too for "The Lord's Labyrinth - Path of Exile by irinuchis"
And this Dating PoE haha it should be a Mod

Its was an "Art" contest or a "capture 8minutes of Jugg gameplay" contest ?

(Nice Minecraft scenes for Xevoken oO)

Good Job for the participants but GGG votes is realllyyyy disappointing...
Last edited by Bakudan on Aug 8, 2019, 5:24:45 AM
"

What is proud in process of participation in contest where JUDGES DIDN'T WATCHED YOUR WORK, THEY DIDN'T SHOWED IT TO ANYONE, AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN MENTIONED IT AFTER ALL OF THIS.
I don't even talk about my Shaper Shirt and art book(

I totally hear you, honestly. I hear and understand everyone here, there are some pieces missing from this and it definitely feels odd/off.

I figure mine didn't get much attention because of the content being too...sexual? I don't know, I thought dick jokes were funny and I had an original concept. The issue here is what GGG defines 'funny' and 'entertaining' as. Could be way different than what we all do.

https://youtu.be/G7xzzb683So
“When the lambs is lost in the mountain, he said. They is cry. Sometime come the mother. Sometime the wolf.”

twitch.tv/lucienwmoon
I expected at least one video to be funny none of then was.
'king of swords' was my favorite as lots of work was put on that and was best considering others who just did some lab runs and others who just shown their gameplay with some music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoSX5ZHtQLI&feature=youtu.be
Exuse me, sirs, not even 250 points? Fine, my last video for u. Cya
I love the drawing by irinuchis, so pretty! *_*
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info