[3.13] LIGHTNING ARROW/BARRAGE Deadeye Build / Zap your way forward! UBER ELDER DONE!

"
You need double damage on a normal bow to even try to be closer to Windripper

Ah okay, didn't the bow I link have double damage? or is 5% too little? Thanks again!
"
SINTHES wrote:
"

Ah okay, didn't the bow I link have double damage? or is 5% too little? Thanks again!

5% is not much, yes, Need like 10-20 more on top
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
"
SINTHES wrote:
"

Not just double damage. There's a multitude of valuable mods on bows.

Use these exact stat weights, and play around with the minimum total until you find something you can afford.
Spoiler

The stat weights are based upon my own character, but should be 99% correct for pretty much anyone playing the build.

Anything above a 450 total should just flat out annihilate a Windripper when it comes to Barrage DPS.
This is a comparison of a TOTAL 452.05 bow to my double legacy (9.85% crit) Windripper:
Spoiler

That's this

vs

Eventually, for single target, what you really want to go for is a %chance to gain a Power Charge on crit, but those are likely to either cost mirrors or only be offered for mirror service.
Want info on builds or you need something?
Contact me on Discord - discord.gg/s9kzKCT
Hey guys, could anybody take a look at my character and possibly give me any suggestions what should be my main priorities especially regarding equipment?

I got lucky with my bow, because it cost me only 50c and according to the PoB it does actually seem to be an upgrade over the windripper, but other than that, I feel like I've hit a wall. Most of the obvious items left in the build for me to buy, cost at least a few exalts, and they're way out of my budget. Are there any other, less pricey ways I can still upgrade my character? Or maybe I should just grind maps, acquire currency and keep leveling?
Myself as well. I would love to be able to request someone giving me an overview. I bought the taming, then realized that I won't get the full effect against bosses, because of the elemental focus gem on barrage.

My jewels are a bit of everything. I've been trying to get int on the jewels, so that I am not int locked on my amulet.

Otherwise, all of the rares are ones that the upgrades to would be 1ex, I think.
My goal is to upgrade the amulet and rings to something with more life, and the jewels to have more life.

Violetdot; if you keep an eye out on that search that vetroxbl posted, you will find a gem sooner of later. Got a steal of a deal on my bow. I hope this works how I'm linking it LOL. Edit: it worked!

Last edited by philthechil on Jan 26, 2020, 5:02:24 PM
"
violetdot wrote:
Hey guys, could anybody take a look at my character and possibly give me any suggestions what should be my main priorities especially regarding equipment?

I got lucky with my bow, because it cost me only 50c and according to the PoB it does actually seem to be an upgrade over the windripper, but other than that, I feel like I've hit a wall. Most of the obvious items left in the build for me to buy, cost at least a few exalts, and they're way out of my budget. Are there any other, less pricey ways I can still upgrade my character? Or maybe I should just grind maps, acquire currency and keep leveling?

- Get your 4th ascendancy. This should have been done at around lvl 70.

- Anoint your amulet.
Anointment suggestions

- Lioneye's Fall. Without it this build isn't even playable. Drop Essence Sap. Drop the leftmost Scion area jewel slot and all the nodes leading to it. That jewel slot isn't worth it until lvl100. Pick up all the nodes up to Soul Raker with those 7 points. Drop your lower left Scion area jewel slot that costs you 3 points and pick up the one above Blood Drinker which costs you 2 points.

- Sort out your flasks.
How to setup your flasks

- Upgrade your amulet and rings.

- Get your gems to 20/20.

- Run Inspiration instead of Hypothermia for LA and instead of Slower Projectiles for Barrage.

Doing all of this should at least triple your damage output.

Overall your character isn't even 10% as optimized as it could/should be. Whether this should be attributed to the guide or people just not thinking for themselves at all is up for debate. I don't want to sound condescending, but most of the stuff listed above really is basic game knowledge.

"
vetroxbl wrote:
Whether this should be attributed to the guide or people just not thinking for themselves at all is up for debate. I don't want to sound condescending, but most of the stuff listed above really is basic game knowledge.

Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to check it all out.
I don't mind if you sound condescending, I know I'm pretty damn bad at this game. This is my first ever playthrough and I don't have any outside experience playing Diablo or something. I'm just making my way through this game trying to learn things as I go.
why energy leech? especially for barrage? wouldnt elemental focus support be simply a better choice for bosses?
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
"
sendantes wrote:
why energy leech? especially for barrage? wouldnt elemental focus support be simply a better choice for bosses?

I need a lot of help with this build guys, I'm barely pulling 13k DPS, don't have enough mana to reserve all the auras, don't have enough mana to cast my spells especially Barrage, how do I improve, what am I doing wrong, please...

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Valley52/characters
Last edited by Valley52 on Jan 28, 2020, 2:58:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info