[3.13] LIGHTNING ARROW/BARRAGE Deadeye Build / Zap your way forward! UBER ELDER DONE!

For some reason Barrage is weak. I am only level 60 right now but I socket Barrage based on your recommended links thinking I will use it for bosses but it literally does almost no damage. I end up just socketing in siege ballista for bosses...

Does this scale differently? I haven't rounded out the gear by any stretch yet but I assumed this ability would do more than what it is for me right now.

ANy help appreciated

I am pretty new
Last edited by GrappIer on Jan 14, 2020, 10:21:48 AM
"
vetroxbl wrote:
"
Zamuli wrote:
Thoughts on what I should be aiming for next? Belt is kinda shitty and I guess ill need Aul's Uprising as well.
Your profile is private.

Should be public now.
Last edited by Zamuli on Jan 14, 2020, 12:23:10 PM
how much better are the windripper, compared to the tempest long bow in this build?
"
Knollen wrote:
hello

a quick question here, what would u recomend for annoint on the neck?

This entirely depends on your budget.

Whispers of Doom is beyond Godlike for clear, but to be effective on bosses it requires a CoH ring and/or enough gem slots to fit a CWDT curse(s) setup, since manually cursing bosses consumes way too much time that's better spent DPSing. This is by far the most expensive option, since both the anointment itself and the rest of the setup are hard to get.

Freedom of Movement is great on clear, but more or less useless on bosses.

Throatseeker is a great semi-affordable all-arounder. More crit multi is welcome in all situations. If you're not sure what to pick I suggest you just take this one.

Acuity is also a great DPS option, but only useful if you're not hit-capped.

• Decent defensive options include Cloth and Chain, Survivalist, and Revenge of the Hunted.

• +30 Int nodes are actually a decent option if you lack it on your gear otherwise, and should not be shied away from.

"
Knollen wrote:
how much better are the windripper, compared to the tempest long bow in this build?

Barrage wise they're on par. Lightning Arrow wise The Tempest pulls slightly ahead. Windripper is basically just a budget option. They're both just mediocre bows tho, and should be upgraded to rare ones with much better stats.

"
Zamuli wrote:
"
vetroxbl wrote:
"
Zamuli wrote:
Thoughts on what I should be aiming for next? Belt is kinda shitty and I guess ill need Aul's Uprising as well.
Your profile is private.

Should be public now.

The belt, as you pointed out yourself, is kinnda poop. Once that's out of the way I'd go with finding a bow upgrade, while also looking to gradually upgrade the jewels as well.

Bows like this one are ~20% damage upgrade over the Windripper.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the seller, it's just a bow I came up with a weighted search for the MSC league.
Want info on builds or you need something?
Contact me on Discord - discord.gg/s9kzKCT
Last edited by vetroxbl on Jan 15, 2020, 8:45:18 AM
Would something like this:

Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel

6% increased maximum Energy Shield
6% increased maximum Life
5% increased maximum Mana
1.17% of Lightning Damage is Leeched as Energy Shield while affected by Wrath
Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike while affected by Precision

be worth using over a decent rare abyss jewel?
Last edited by Leon666 on Jan 15, 2020, 10:49:08 AM
"
Leon666 wrote:
Would something like this:

Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel

6% increased maximum Energy Shield
6% increased maximum Life
5% increased maximum Mana
1.17% of Lightning Damage is Leeched as Energy Shield while affected by Wrath
Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike while affected by Precision

be worth using over a decent rare abyss jewel?

DPS-wise - no. Survivability-wise - probably also no.

- - -

After a long time of envying Pyroclast miners, finally managed to kill A8 Drox before he goes into his bullshit mode. Bringing 4 offensive flasks next time, instead of 3.
Spoiler
Last edited by vetroxbl on Jan 15, 2020, 1:47:01 PM
This is my first character, and im kind of stuck on what to do next or if im done anything wrong, can someone take a look and tell me which direction to go next? like next items to focus on, or anything really.
I am struggling a bit with single target dps, i think my gear is good enought. I switched from Windripper to the rare bow i have now, but dps didn't go up as much as i would have liked.

Got myself to 90, have the expensive amulet and all my jewels have lightning damage on them. i know my gems are not all max level yet, but that will come and it wont increase my dps by alot i think,

What can i do to increase my dps with barrage? or rather single target. Have invested a lot into this build already
Last edited by leifus44 on Jan 16, 2020, 12:46:15 PM
"
leifus44 wrote:
I am struggling a bit with single target dps, i think my gear is good enought. I switched from Windripper to the rare bow i have now, but dps didn't go up as much as i would have liked.

Got myself to 90, have the expensive amulet and all my jewels have lightning damage on them. i know my gems are not all max level yet, but that will come and it wont increase my dps by alot i think,

What can i do to increase my dps with barrage? or rather single target. Have invested a lot into this build already

The rare bow you got is barely any of an upgrade over an average rolled Windripper, and is actually a DPS loss over a Windripper with a max attack speed roll.

Comparisons

Versus an average rolled Windripper

Versus max attack speed rolled Windripper

How to look for a bow

Play around with weights yourself.

- - -

Both of these bows are ~20% DPS upgrades for your Barrage:

Lower your expectations. Ever since the 3 most important bow stats (chance to deal double damage, elemental penetration, cold damage per dex) have been nerfed bow single target damage has gone down the drain.

If your goal is farming bosses, anyone running a bow build this league should probably have another boss-killing character.
my new amulet for the build: D

Last edited by Worfang on Jan 16, 2020, 7:54:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info