[3.13] LIGHTNING ARROW/BARRAGE Deadeye Build / Zap your way forward! UBER ELDER DONE!

"
vetroxbl wrote:
It's mentioned a myriad of times throughout the thread.
Don't go double CoH rings tho, lol.

What's bad about double curse for this build?
"
"
vetroxbl wrote:
It's mentioned a myriad of times throughout the thread.
Don't go double CoH rings tho, lol.

What's bad about double curse for this build?

It's not bad. It's just rather a bad idea to get it purely from rings.
Assassin's Mark on a ring is great, but since Soul Raker already caps you on leech I see very little benefit of running Warlord's Mark, therefore your 2nd curse on clear should be Poacher's Mark, while on bosses it should be Projectile Weakness. Neither is available on rings, and it's much easier to just swap out a gem rather than swap your rings around (since they may have some resistances on them, etc).
I've already written about it.

"
Anointments
This entirely depends on your budget.

Whispers of Doom is beyond Godlike for clear, but to be effective on bosses it requires a CoH ring and/or enough gem slots to fit a CWDT curse(s) setup, since manually cursing bosses consumes way too much time that's better spent DPSing. This is by far the most expensive option, since both the anointment itself and the rest of the setup are hard to get.
2 curses clear setup involves 1 CoH Assassin's Mark Ring & CoH + Herald of Ice + a curse of your choice. I prefer Poacher's Mark for Frenzies (frees you up from using Blood Rage) and the insane flask recharge;
2 curses bossing (assuming the boss has no adds to proc CoH HoI off of) setup involves 1 CoH Assassin's Mark Ring & CWDT + curse of your choice. I prefer Projectile Weakness.

Freedom of Movement is great on clear, but more or less useless on bosses.

Throatseeker is a great semi-affordable all-arounder. More crit multi is welcome in all situations. If you're not sure what to pick I suggest you just take this one.

Acuity is also a great DPS option, but only useful if you're not hit-capped.

• Decent defensive options include Cloth and Chain, Survivalist, Silent Steps, Crystal Skin and Revenge of the Hunted.

• +30 Int nodes are actually a decent option if you lack it on your gear otherwise, and should not be shied away from.

Moving forward I'm actually looking into getting Awakened CoH for tripple cursing.
Want info on builds or you need something?
Contact me on Discord - discord.gg/s9kzKCT
"
vetroxbl wrote:
It's not bad. It's just rather a bad idea to get it purely from rings.
Assassin's Mark on a ring is great, but since Soul Raker already caps you on leech I see very little benefit of running Warlord's Mark, therefore your 2nd curse on clear should be Poacher's Mark, while on bosses it should be Projectile Weakness. Neither is available on rings, and it's much easier to just swap out a gem rather than swap your rings around (since they may have some resistances on them, etc).
I've already written about it.

Are you overlooking something? Poacher's mark is available on ring, you could run assassin/poacher if you wanted. But I was thinking of assassin/elemental weakness.

Assassin's mark is obviously a must, but adding in ele weakness (via 2 curse ring) would significantly up the DPS. I don't see any reason not to, provided you can stay resist capped.
Last edited by Quitetriggered on Jan 31, 2020, 6:55:36 AM
"
Are you overlooking something? Poacher's mark is available on ring, you could run assassin/poacher if you wanted. But I was thinking of assassin/elemental weakness.

Assassin's mark is obviously a must, but adding in ele weakness (via 2 curse ring) would significantly up the DPS. I don't see any reason not to, provided you can stay resist capped.

I never really searched for Poacher's on a ring, I just thought it's not a thing lol. I'll stand corrected, but it still changes nothing. You're certainly not gonna run Poacher's on bosses.
My whole point is being able to rotate best possible curses depending on the situation, and Poacher's for clear / Proj Weakness for bosses is the best combination you can get.
Projectile vs Elemental Weakness

-

This assumes you're already forcing bosses into negative resistances before Elemental Weakness.
Spoiler

If you're not then Elemental Weakness pulls ahead. Basically 8% Ele Pen on your bow makes Projectile Weakness pull ahead by 0.1%, scaling further the more penetration you obtain.
This also assumes a lvl 20 Elemental Weakness, which is not obtainable on rings tho.

Ele Weakness, as you can see, does not lag much behind, therefore Assassin's Mark / Ele Weakness combo is great, and if you can go for it sure do.
Last edited by vetroxbl on Jan 31, 2020, 7:20:03 AM
Vet, your hard work for us highly appreciated. It's awesome that you're willing to go through and help us with this build! I'm slowly going through your post to me and changing things up. Alot of my issues are that I don't pay enough attention to fully understand things (eg: inspiration and steelskin/IC). So you guys help alot in pointing these things out.

My bow:
Spoiler
"

POB shows the bow that I had eqipped before as being a 10% increase over a perfectly rolled windripper.
I shopped around for an upgrade. Here are pictures for comparisions; I'd like some opinions.

Spoiler
Bow I was using:

It was cheap, and worked, but you were right. It was time for an upgrade.

Bow #1 (3ex):

Bow #2 (4ex):

So like you said the power charge is godlike. The 2nd purchase doesn't have any ele dmg %, but it has more flat. Not sure if the pierce mod comes into play on bosses. I assume that damage starts AFTER the 1st pierced target; not WHILE it pierces the 1st target.
I plan on getting an assmark ring, I can't afford it after the bow, but that will be eventually. Assmark ring for damage vs boss; damage + charges vs clear. While Power charge on crit is for bosses mainly.
In poe, the damage on bows 1 and 2 are basically the same. In POB, the damage on bow 1 is quite a bit more than 2 without power charges. Then when I add power charges, bow 2 is quite a bit more. I think it was like a 5% +/- difference.

My questions: is bow 2 worth 6 linking? up to 2ex for 6-linking it, it looks like. Should I spend the exalt to craft 9-10 ele pen? I'll wait for your guys opinion.

CWDT setup:
Spoiler
"
You're totally right about the guard gems. I removed IC, and inserted a decoy totem. Good advice there.

Point blank:
Spoiler
"
Because I'm a pussy, I took point blank off. I was looking at the drop-off range of where you start losing damage because of being further away. I was dying alot, and didn't want to face tank stuff. I took it off and added a jewel slot. I added it back in today, because of you wtf moment. xD So I guess I just need to get gud and kite.

Ring:
Spoiler
"
I'm shopping around for a decent assmark ring. They're expensive to get 50life/60res. That upgrade will have to wait. But it will come. I agree that I don't need warlords mark; especially now that I won't use endurance charges for IC. However, I do like the dmg reduction that comes from endurance charges.

Tree/flasks:
Spoiler
"
I dropped profane chemistry for thick skin.lost out on about 250 life from going thick skin/point blank, and giving up the life nodes around constitution. Feelsbadman. But oh well. You're right about the flask stuff.
So I put Heat on my life flask (got fertile mind with corrupting blood implicit like you suggested), mainly just for being frozen; chilled doesn't bother me too much. With that said, if I'm facing somewhere that I NEED heat on my diamond flask, I can get warding/heat on my quicksilver/diamond. In that case, what would you suggest I have as a suffix on my life flask?

Inspiration/Awakened added lightning:
Spoiler
"
I now have level 21 inspiration on LA and Barrage; replacing crit strike and slower projectiles respectively. You were very right about this. You video helped demonstrate it. I was not completely understanding the mechanics of the inspiration gem. Thank you again.

About awakened added lightning. Eventually, I will buy a lvl 2 one. I realize that hypothermia does nothing if the enemy isn't chilled. I do cold damage, so I should be chilling the target with LA, right? I understand that it's like "0% increased damage on first shot; 38.9% increased on second shot, after I chill them from the first shot", while awakened added lightning lvl 2 is "30.1% increased damage on all shots"... That is why you say to use AALD over hypothermia, yes? Am I understanding all of that properly?

Quiver:
Spoiler
"
Thank you for the suggestion about fertile mind! So little and so simple, and I get the bonus of moving it around, for when I need more/less int. I also get the awesome corrupting blood immunity. Feelsgoodman. When I talk about being a noob, this is what I mean. I don't think about the fact that a cheap jewel will give me all the int I need. I've seen that jewel before, I'm just not gud so there's that lmao.

The actual quiver. I bought a voidfletcher; if you guys say it's a damage increase, I will trust you. I will use it for now. With that said, the mechanics of the quiver are really frustrating to me lol. I feel like it doesn't help with packs, because I usually kill them before the voidshot explodes (a problem that's not a problem). While I can see that it could help against bosses, that requires that the boss stands where it will explode! This is frustrating for me, and maybe I just need to get used to it, and maybe it's just a mechanic that other skills have to play around (I've only played bow builds + one trap bladefall build). I dunno. Any thoughts about this here?

Buying a new quiver.
I'm having a difficult time on poe.trade finding an okay rare quiver. I used the same weights as the bow, like you said. Am I searching wrongly here?

I feel like any kind of damage explicits are 5-10ex, and they aren't a damage increased in POB over the demise. Which means they won't be a damage increase over the voidfletcher. Right? Am I missing something here? XD

My jewels:
Spoiler
"
Doh. You're totally right. I will probably transition away from the bubonic trail, like you said, into a rare or other unique; not sure. I read the unique, and I KNEW that it was each TYPE; not each ONE. Different boots for me. Another thing where I'm a noob, and overlook shit.

Okay, there is my response to what you said. I'm working on improvements now! Thank you again, kind sir.

More questions from me. When and how could/should I transition into a 2nd curse?
Assmark on ring, ele or proj weakness on hearld curse on hit? Going to normal boots, I'll get 2 more sockets. But going from wrath + precision to: wrath + lvl1 precision + herald + COH + curse is 1 too many gems. I still want to keep blood rage, golem, dash, and phase run (or withering step. That's another thing I need to contemplate) on my helm, and the 4 red gems on my gloves.

Edit: I reread your post about annointments and curses. I'm gonna have difficulty deciding on gems for all that, if/when I go that route. I can easily remove bloodrage and use poachers mark with HOI, but then if I switch over to the boss, I won't be able to use bloodrage to compensate for the lack of charges from poachers mark. Is it a far cry to just have a second boot in my inventory, with different colored sockets for bosses? So something like:

Clear
Spoiler

Helm: frostblink; golem; phaserun/withering step; lvl 1 precision
Boot: curse on hit; poacher's mark; herald of ice; wrath

Boss
Spoiler

Helm: frostblink; golem; phaserun/withering step; lvl 1 precision (maybe bloodrage instead of precision here?)
Boot: CWDT; ele/proj weakness; wrath; herald of ice

Is there a more efficient way to do this?
Last edited by philthechil on Feb 1, 2020, 3:58:15 AM
"
philthechil wrote:
Vet, your hard work for us highly appreciated. It's awesome that you're willing to go through and help us with this build! I'm slowly going through your post to me and changing things up. Alot of my issues are that I don't pay enough attention to fully understand things (eg: inspiration and steelskin/IC). So you guys help alot in pointing these things out.

My bow:
Spoiler

POB shows the bow that I had eqipped before as being a 10% increase over a perfectly rolled windripper.
I shopped around for an upgrade. Here are pictures for comparisions; I'd like some opinions.

Spoiler
Bow I was using:

It was cheap, and worked, but you were right. It was time for an upgrade.

Bow #1 (3ex):

Bow #2 (4ex):

So like you said the power charge is godlike. The 2nd purchase doesn't have any ele dmg %, but it has more flat. Not sure if the pierce mod comes into play on bosses. I assume that damage starts AFTER the 1st pierced target; not WHILE it pierces the 1st target.
I plan on getting an assmark ring, I can't afford it after the bow, but that will be eventually. Assmark ring for damage vs boss; damage + charges vs clear. While Power charge on crit is for bosses mainly.
In poe, the damage on bows 1 and 2 are basically the same. In POB, the damage on bow 1 is quite a bit more than 2 without power charges. Then when I add power charges, bow 2 is quite a bit more. I think it was like a 5% +/- difference.

My questions: is bow 2 worth 6 linking? up to 2ex for 6-linking it, it looks like. Should I spend the exalt to craft 9-10 ele pen? I'll wait for your guys opinion.

First off, don't put your posts into both quotes and spoilers. Just use the spoiler tag.
Second off, when sharing an item don't do it via screenshots. Just copy/paste it in text form so we don't have to manually recreate it in PoB. Mouseover your item ingame, press CTRL+C and paste it into your post. Like this:
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Ghoul Horn
Highborn Bow
--------
Bow
Quality: +28% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 22-84 (augmented)
Elemental Damage: 23-36 (augmented), 12-155 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.45% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 1.59 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 76
Str: 70
Dex: 161
Int: 120
--------
Sockets: W-W-W-R-G-G
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
Adds 23 to 36 Fire Damage (implicit)
--------
Adds 12 to 155 Lightning Damage
10% increased Attack Speed
29% increased Critical Strike Chance
+29% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
10% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike
Adds 3 to 5 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity
20% chance to deal Double Damage
50% increased Critical Strike Chance if you have Killed Recently
Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate 16% Elemental Resistances (crafted)
--------
Corrupted
--------
Shaper Item
--------
Has Slivertongue Skin. You can reclaim this by shift-clicking this item.
Now anyone can copy it into their PoB for comparison.

If it's an item from a trade site use the copy option. Poe.trade doesn't have one by default but you can get a browser extension for it. Firefox / Chrome.

As for the bow I would've went with the 2nd one, since it's a DPS upgrade even without PC's generated. With it generating PC's it sits at around 8% increase.

I see you already got the first one, and 6-linked it so I'll pass on that question. It's good that you've done both anyways. Always account for the extra 6-linking cost if the bow you're buying isn't a 6-link already.

"
philthechil wrote:
CWDT setup:
Spoiler
You're totally right about the guard gems. I removed IC, and inserted a decoy totem. Good advice there.

Point blank:
Spoiler
Because I'm a pussy, I took point blank off. I was looking at the drop-off range of where you start losing damage because of being further away. I was dying alot, and didn't want to face tank stuff. I took it off and added a jewel slot. I added it back in today, because of you wtf moment. xD So I guess I just need to get gud and kite.

Use Decoy Totem extensively. You don't have to kite much. Once again watch the same video as it also serves as a perfect example, since it' literally against 4 bosses at the same time, yet I get hit once.

"
philthechil wrote:
Tree/flasks:
Spoiler
I dropped profane chemistry for thick skin.lost out on about 250 life from going thick skin/point blank, and giving up the life nodes around constitution. Feelsbadman. But oh well. You're right about the flask stuff.
So I put Heat on my life flask (got fertile mind with corrupting blood implicit like you suggested), mainly just for being frozen; chilled doesn't bother me too much. With that said, if I'm facing somewhere that I NEED heat on my diamond flask, I can get warding/heat on my quicksilver/diamond. In that case, what would you suggest I have as a suffix on my life flask?

Life Flask of Dousing, Quartz Flask of Heat, Diamond Flask of Warding is my setup. Dousing gets rid of ignites that prevent life/ES regen in-between packs. Go with whatever you want, really.

"
philthechil wrote:
Inspiration/Awakened added lightning:
Spoiler
I now have level 21 inspiration on LA and Barrage; replacing crit strike and slower projectiles respectively. You were very right about this. You video helped demonstrate it. I was not completely understanding the mechanics of the inspiration gem. Thank you again.

About awakened added lightning. Eventually, I will buy a lvl 2 one. I realize that hypothermia does nothing if the enemy isn't chilled. I do cold damage, so I should be chilling the target with LA, right? I understand that it's like "0% increased damage on first shot; 38.9% increased on second shot, after I chill them from the first shot", while awakened added lightning lvl 2 is "30.1% increased damage on all shots"... That is why you say to use AALD over hypothermia, yes? Am I understanding all of that properly?

That's why I tried to get it on video. Was really weird you consider it <99% uptime.
Also yes, that's the general gist of why Hypothermia isn't your endgame setup. AAL also helps immensely with shocking.

"
philthechil wrote:
Quiver:
Spoiler
Thank you for the suggestion about fertile mind! So little and so simple, and I get the bonus of moving it around, for when I need more/less int. I also get the awesome corrupting blood immunity. Feelsgoodman. When I talk about being a noob, this is what I mean. I don't think about the fact that a cheap jewel will give me all the int I need. I've seen that jewel before, I'm just not gud so there's that lmao.

The actual quiver. I bought a voidfletcher; if you guys say it's a damage increase, I will trust you. I will use it for now. With that said, the mechanics of the quiver are really frustrating to me lol. I feel like it doesn't help with packs, because I usually kill them before the voidshot explodes (a problem that's not a problem). While I can see that it could help against bosses, that requires that the boss stands where it will explode! This is frustrating for me, and maybe I just need to get used to it, and maybe it's just a mechanic that other skills have to play around (I've only played bow builds + one trap bladefall build). I dunno. Any thoughts about this here?

Buying a new quiver.
I'm having a difficult time on poe.trade finding an okay rare quiver. I used the same weights as the bow, like you said. Am I searching wrongly here?

I feel like any kind of damage explicits are 5-10ex, and they aren't a damage increased in POB over the demise. Which means they won't be a damage increase over the voidfletcher. Right? Am I missing something here? XD

Fertile Mind is such a suggababe. In theory it's just something you'd use before getting to maps, but getting one with CB immunity and being a Deadeye with the Rupture gimmick opens makes you basically bleed immune. Standard bleeds will still apply on you, but will basically be a form of gimped ignites.

"
philthechil wrote:
My jewels:
Spoiler
Doh. You're totally right. I will probably transition away from the bubonic trail, like you said, into a rare or other unique; not sure. I read the unique, and I KNEW that it was each TYPE; not each ONE. Different boots for me. Another thing where I'm a noob, and overlook shit.

No unique boots are worth the slot. Rare boots are just so much better.

"
philthechil wrote:
Okay, there is my response to what you said. I'm working on improvements now! Thank you again, kind sir.

More questions from me. When and how could/should I transition into a 2nd curse?
Assmark on ring, ele or proj weakness on hearld curse on hit? Going to normal boots, I'll get 2 more sockets. But going from wrath + precision to: wrath + lvl1 precision + herald + COH + curse is 1 too many gems. I still want to keep blood rage, golem, dash, and phase run (or withering step. That's another thing I need to contemplate) on my helm, and the 4 red gems on my gloves.

Edit: I reread your post about annointments and curses. I'm gonna have difficulty deciding on gems for all that, if/when I go that route. I can easily remove bloodrage and use poachers mark with HOI, but then if I switch over to the boss, I won't be able to use bloodrage to compensate for the lack of charges from poachers mark. Is it a far cry to just have a second boot in my inventory, with different colored sockets for bosses? So something like:

Clear
Spoiler

Helm: frostblink; golem; phaserun/withering step; lvl 1 precision
Boot: curse on hit; poacher's mark; herald of ice; wrath

Boss
Spoiler

Helm: frostblink; golem; phaserun/withering step; lvl 1 precision (maybe bloodrage instead of precision here?)
Boot: CWDT; ele/proj weakness; wrath; herald of ice

Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Blood Rage doesn't give you FC's on bosses.

My fav movement spells are Blink Arrow & Withering Step, since they don't share a cooldown, and you have Blink Arrow CD reduction from ascendancy. Withering Step is also great for running from pack to pack, and repositioning in general, with the juicy bonus dodge until you start shooting.

I don't consider Golems worth it. They die to anything and everything in a T15+. Even in a CWDT setup they're more dead than alive.

Transition to double curse after you've obtained the Aul's, and both CoH & Aspect on ring(s).

I don't use Precision at all for clear since I'm hit capped without it. I swap in a +1 Barrage Starkonja and a Stygian belt for bosses, while rotating some gems.

Helm: Withering Step - Blink Arrow - Wrath - Abys Socket;
Gloves: Vaal Grace - CWDT - IC - Decoy Totem;
Boots: HoI - HoT - CoH - Poacher's Mark;
Belt: Headhunter.
To:
Helm: Blink Arrow - Elemental Army (works with Blink Arrow since it's a minion) - Withering Step - Decoy Totem;
Gloves: Proj Weakness - CWDT - IC - Inc. Duration;
Boots: Wrath - HoI - HoT - Lvl1 Precision;
Belt: Abys Socket.
Thank you for the tip about copy pasting into pob. That helps alot; I didn't know how to do that.

About my bow; I bought the first one for 3ex, and it was already 6linked. The second bow was 4ex and was (obviously) not 6linked. So I didn't spend any fusings yet. The 2nd bow is a more expensive option, but it is better overall.
With that said, I'm still curious about pierce dmg, value of 6linking it, and value of the exalt pen master craft.

I switched to a ring with assmark on it, as well as a mark of the elder. I actually found one that grants lvl 21 wrath. So, that solves a socket problem for now. :)

I will be responding to the rest when I get back home tonight. Just wanted to get these questions out there.

hello all, first of all, awesome guide! it was a tad expensive gathering up some of the rarer items but im currently lvl 89 and doing quite decently clearing t16+ maps. however, for the life of me i cannot fathom how the PoB for this guide has over 1.2million DPS for LA and im barely scratching 200K. Could any kind soul could take a look at my build and let me know what to improve? a few things come to mind with regards to HP, replacing one or two weaker gems in my passive tree but im stumped. i replaced hypothermia with AALS for higher damage on initial shot, havent gotten corrupted gems for most of the skills, is that the reason as well?
"
philthechil wrote:
Thank you for the tip about copy pasting into pob. That helps alot; I didn't know how to do that.

About my bow; I bought the first one for 3ex, and it was already 6linked. The second bow was 4ex and was (obviously) not 6linked. So I didn't spend any fusings yet. The 2nd bow is a more expensive option, but it is better overall.
With that said, I'm still curious about pierce dmg, value of 6linking it, and value of the exalt pen master craft.

I switched to a ring with assmark on it, as well as a mark of the elder. I actually found one that grants lvl 21 wrath. So, that solves a socket problem for now. :)

I will be responding to the rest when I get back home tonight. Just wanted to get these questions out there.

Don't recraft Double Damage for Penetration. It's not that much of a difference.

If you've got both bows I'd at least 5-link the PCoC one and work on setting up am actual weapon swap for single target.
Siege Ballista - WED - Faster Attacks / Slower Proj - Culling Strike - Added Lightning.
Pop 2 of those alongside your Barrage on bosses. Notice I said 2, rather than 3, not to despawn your Decoy Totem in the process.
That would require you to run Voidfletcher in that swap, while getting another rare quiver for clear, or sticking with Hyrri's.
As for the pierce mod I really have no idea. It's only 20% increased so it's not relevant anyways.
Lvl 21 Wrath is so-so, since it also raises the Int requirement. Just focus on getting the Aul's & Spider / Cat next.

"
iandao wrote:
hello all, first of all, awesome guide! it was a tad expensive gathering up some of the rarer items but im currently lvl 89 and doing quite decently clearing t16+ maps. however, for the life of me i cannot fathom how the PoB for this guide has over 1.2million DPS for LA and im barely scratching 200K. Could any kind soul could take a look at my build and let me know what to improve? a few things come to mind with regards to HP, replacing one or two weaker gems in my passive tree but im stumped. i replaced hypothermia with AALS for higher damage on initial shot, havent gotten corrupted gems for most of the skills, is that the reason as well?

Ignore that PoB entirely.
Read this post.
Also The Taming doesn't work with Ele Focus. Why you got 2 equipped?
"
vetroxbl wrote:

Ignore that PoB entirely.

OK dude, i've been waiting long enough, but i will have to report you. If you want to spam with YOUR kinda of guide inserted inside my OWN guide thread i will not tolerate this any more.
Go and create your own fantastic guide and feel free to tell everyone how bad mine is. But do it in your own topic. Stop spamming here.
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info