[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

Nice in depth build man! this makes me wana try it out!
Hey Art,

Was just wondering, how would you recommend leveling this build? Go ED asap? A leveling guide would be great, and around how many exalts do you think this will cost if youre trading. Thanks.
Thanks for the build! Played Ed/Cont. throughout legion as my monolith farmer. A slightly different variation from yours, but similar. Was wondering how you felt about Cane of Unraveling with the changes to +2 chaos gems affecting ALL equipped chaos gems now. I'm sure a well crafted bow will still be more DPS, but seems like it will be a solid option (depending on price ofc., especially a 6L) until a bow can be afforded. Thanks again!

Edit - Was also wondering if you were going to update the PoB.
Last edited by JayCy on Sep 5, 2019, 9:47:42 PM
"
Rayymondd wrote:
Hey Art,

Was just wondering, how would you recommend leveling this build? Go ED asap? A leveling guide would be great, and around how many exalts do you think this will cost if youre trading. Thanks.


I'll add a leveling guide as well with availability of skill gems and stuff. In general, tho: yes, go ED asap. Works on low levels just as well as in endgame. ;-)

"
JayCy wrote:
Thanks for the build! Played Ed/Cont. throughout legion as my monolith farmer. A slightly different variation from yours, but similar. Was wondering how you felt about Cane of Unraveling with the changes to +2 chaos gems affecting ALL equipped chaos gems now. I'm sure a well crafted bow will still be more DPS, but seems like it will be a solid option (depending on price ofc., especially a 6L) until a bow can be afforded. Thanks again!

Edit - Was also wondering if you were going to update the PoB.


The PoB has already been updated! See the PoB section for the new version.

About Cane of Unravelling: as a budget option I'd probably still not recommend the Cane and rather suggest investing into a wand with chaos damage over time multiplier (up to 38% from wands!). Wand + shield costs less and is more defensive while you might still upgrade other gear slots for better defenses.

However, if like in Legion we'll be gifted with 6-link uniques dropping and the price is low, you can of course just get one for comfort. I just don't think it's necessary. :-)

On the other hand, a staff with +2 to level of all spell gems would also boost our auras. I could imagine that being quite an upgrade, but we'll have to wait and see the early part of the league to know.

EDIT: Leveling Section added!
Ultimate SSF ED Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606026/page/1
My Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Sep 6, 2019, 4:27:05 AM
Bump! Nice guide :)
I'm following your build this league and I just started. I am in act 1 and I feel super squishy and Freezing Pulse is doing no damage. What should I do?
"
KingPickleIII wrote:
I'm following your build this league and I just started. I am in act 1 and I feel super squishy and Freezing Pulse is doing no damage. What should I do?


You get Essence Drain at level 12 then everything will be fine. No one deals much damage with no gear and no skills. Soon you'll shred through the packs. ;-)
Ultimate SSF ED Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606026/page/1
My Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
I just got ED before seeing this and you're right. Contagion+ED is like a wildfire. Thanks!
Last edited by KingPickleIII on Sep 7, 2019, 8:38:51 AM
Thanks for answering! I had one more question - I must be missing something because I can't figure out why we go for 1 additional curse when we only run temp chains. I know i'm overlooking something here.
"
JayCy wrote:
Thanks for answering! I had one more question - I must be missing something because I can't figure out why we go for 1 additional curse when we only run temp chains. I know i'm overlooking something here.


Witchfire brew

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info