Animation Feedback

i don't know if this applies here... but i believe the scion should hold a 2h sword with 2 hands in town (like the witch does) it looks unnatural to hold a 2h sword with 1 hand in town.. it doesn't seem right considering it is a heavy 2h sword.. especially since the witch holds it with both hands.
The Scion's running animation is unnatural.

Yes, it's physically possible for someone to run like the Scion does, but it takes concious effort and no one's gonna run that way when they're trying to get from A to B while fighting for their lives.

If the hip gyrations were more subtle it would be far less eye-jarring.

"
mesmerific wrote:
it looks unnatural to hold a 2h sword with 1 hand

"
Xarog wrote:

Yes. But all this is fucking awesome. "Natural" is hardly can be fucking awesome. Natural is just... normal, not awesome.
Sorry for my bad English.
"
sarumanboroda wrote:
"
mesmerific wrote:
it looks unnatural to hold a 2h sword with 1 hand

"
Xarog wrote:

Yes. But all this is fucking awesome. "Natural" is hardly can be fucking awesome. Natural is just... normal, not awesome.

There's plenty of things in the natural world which qualifies as "fucking awesome". Lightning bolts during a storm is just one example.

But when the character I'm playing runs around like a socialite during a massive sale in a shopping mall, it breaks immersion in the game and thus looks silly.

Same thing with the weapon animation; The Scion runs around with it in two hands as if the sword is heavy enough to justify a 2-handed grip. This makes sense considering the fact that there's one handed weapons as well. However, it again breaks immersion (and therefore looks silly) when she just stands around in town holding it as if it were a much smaller weapon, as if the weight of the sword had suddenly vanished.
Just a few things I found sighlty annoying:

- Templar passive stance is based on his staff stance, yet when you use other weapons, like the mace & shield, he still use the staff stance : one of his should is higher than the other, I feel like I'm watching some male top model posing in a photo session.

- Duelist model maybe needs some reworking? I feel like he has a tiny body, ample clothes and a big head (or is it his hair?).

That's it for now.
Last edited by Yoomazir on Nov 12, 2013, 9:48:44 PM
"
Yoomazir wrote:

- Duelist model maybe needs some reworking? I feel like he has a tiny body, ample clothes and a big head (or is it his hair?).

This. It is quite annoying since his head looks freakin enormous. If it is his hair then maybe give him short back and side cut.

As others have suggested, some of the running animations are a bit 'off' - they still need some work.

Two handed attack animations - These need major work guys. I stopped playing my Marauder because of this. Misses look the same as hits minus the blood. Since there is no visual indicator I couldnt tell if I had lagged out or not. Misses happen so often in early game it just got too frustrating for me to put up with. With the hits that do connect there is no feeling of 'impact', not enough 'oomf!'.
Last edited by senzan on Nov 12, 2013, 10:53:31 PM
One thing... Marauder 2hand running animation still looks like sh*t in my opinion.
IGN:Zearsc
Animations still need some work to be more real.
IGN : Mettiu
"
I personally feel that the 2 handed sword animation feel a bit dull. I cant put my finger on what it is, it just doesnt feel right for me. I think it lacks some punch and power in the swing .....

.... Two handed attack animations - These need major work guys. I stopped playing my Marauder because of this. Misses look the same as hits minus the blood. Since there is no visual indicator I couldnt tell if I had lagged out or not. Misses happen so often in early game it just got too frustrating for me to put up with. With the hits that do connect there is no feeling of 'impact', not enough 'oomf!'.....

Agreed.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
[Lt-Col John McCrae, 3 May 1915]
Last edited by WineCape on Nov 21, 2013, 1:09:15 PM
I realize that it would involve a ton of work and would be considered low priority, but please consider having multiple animations for individual melee skills so that the character isn't repeating the same motion.

The below is just an example, you guys could probably come up with something that flows better:

Dual strike

Phase 1 - Current dual strike animation

Phase 2 - Diagonal left-hand slash then Right-hand vertical chop in quick succession

Phase 3 - Arms start crossed and both weapons are swung down and outward making an X shape

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, Please change the 2h sword leap slam animation for Duelist to the default animation used with 2h mace/axe.

Last edited by Arafax on Nov 26, 2013, 2:19:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info