Animation Feedback

The shadow magically flips the direction he is holding a dagger between when he is running, and when he is standing still.

ie, when standing still, knife pointing forward in normal sword style, start running, and knife is held backwards for downward stabs.
Shadow got a new default attack animation for daggers?

Because there is a new one now. And it looks not good.

The problem is that it looks as if he was pushing a button with his knife instead of attacking an enemy.

The whole animation looks like a push, rather than a slice or stab.

Spoiler

Here is a screenshot. But as a picture it doesn't tell you the whole story.
It really lacks impact and doesn't feel as if the enemy was injured by it.

Also what I just saw in the screenshot. He doesn't even use the sharp side of the blade to attack the enemy!
Last edited by KenshiD on Feb 16, 2013, 9:45:14 AM
"
KenshiD wrote:

The problem is that it looks as if he was pushing a button with his knife instead of attacking an enemy.

I agree. The old animation was a cool overhand strike, with the blade exposed to the enemy. It actually looked like he was slicing things. This new/alternate version looks very awkward, like he's trying to reach out and grab something off the enemy.
"
KenshiD wrote:

The whole animation looks like a push, rather than a slice or stab.

Spoiler

Here is a screenshot. But as a picture it doesn't tell you the whole story.
It really lacks impact and doesn't feel as if the enemy was injured by it.

Also what I just saw in the screenshot. He doesn't even use the sharp side of the blade to attack the enemy!

yeah that is a new animation but it shouldn't of been patched yet it was abit of a experiment and i'm still working on it but since it's gone out i'll take what you guys think onboard.

thanks for the feedback
animator
Some small feedback on one thing: The player character movement animation should be reworked IMO.

The problem is it looks really weird as you gain movement speed (the higher the worst it looks like). The ideal solution would be to have different animations for different movement movement speed brackets, but this is probably out of question right now, so I think the easiest solution short/mid term is to make the space between the legs wider (more like iff you are running full speed all the time).

It's less weird to have less mov speed and still look like if you were running than the other way around. There are some mobs who are supposed to be fast and their animations are made naturally like that, so they look fine, the same should be done for players.
the duelist dual wield cleave animation looks like it stops to soon or something. Looks like he's twiching or something when he does it. In comparison the shadow animation is smooth as ass. Actually the shadow animation is amazing but the duelist looks wierd.

Just put these two videos next to each other and you'll see the huge difference.

Shadow cleave

Duelist cleave
Its always in the last place you look
Last edited by Verb on Feb 21, 2013, 1:06:32 PM
I believe I made a mistake and made a new thread when I should have posted here. Can someone delete that thread?

This is what I posted

"I think found something wrong with the animation for Shield Charge.

Spoiler

I think the Duelist's back is broken. I've checked the Templar, Shadow, Witch and Marauder and they're all perfectly fine. I don't have a Ranger to test it on."
Ingame name - Polypodiaceae
My shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/344031
Last edited by ultraperson on Feb 21, 2013, 7:41:17 PM
"
ultraperson wrote:
I believe I made a mistake and made a new thread when I should have posted here. Can someone delete that thread?

This is what I posted

"I think found something wrong with the animation for Shield Charge.

Spoiler

I think the Duelist's back is broken. I've checked the Templar, Shadow, Witch and Marauder and they're all perfectly fine. I don't have a Ranger to test it on."

oh boy, that looks like a export issue because we re-rigged the duelist. thanks for the post completely missed that
animator
"
Verb wrote:
the duelist dual wield cleave animation looks like it stops to soon or something. Looks like he's twiching or something when he does it. In comparison the shadow animation is smooth as ass. Actually the shadow animation is amazing but the duelist looks wierd.

Just put these two videos next to each other and you'll see the huge difference.

Shadow cleave

Duelist cleave

Looks like the duelist is using a one-handed animation for cleave, only swinging the right-hand weapon. It used to look more like the shadow one.
"
Malice wrote:
"
Verb wrote:

Shadow cleave

Duelist cleave

Looks like the duelist is using a one-handed animation for cleave, only swinging the right-hand weapon. It used to look more like the shadow one.

It the same for the templar dual wield cleave, the animation is pretty horrible..and no fix for it yet:(
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 25, 2013, 11:50:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info