After four years, I finally killed Uber Elder...

… as I died on my sixth portal. Watching as he dropped the first Prismatic Jewel I ever saw.

Yeah, I know... "Four years? Sounds like you're the most inefficient player ever!". Well,I play as a casual. I experimented around two dozens of builds before finally getting this far. I made it a matter of honor to finally kill the ultimate boss of the game this league. In a sense, I succeeded. But being stripped of the rewards of such a long fight (both ingame and on a greater scale) just felt like the biggest middle finger this game has ever given me.

Just wanted to share some pain with those who may have lived the same frustration. I know I’ll do better next time, but it still hurts a bit somewhere in particular...
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2019, 12:28:38 PM
6th portal? It took me 7 sets of portals before I finally killed him.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Uber Elder was added in the 3.2.0 patch on March 2, 2018 so it didn't take you as long as you thought. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
That watchers eye had bad stats.

The next one will be amazing.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
4 years!!!

get on my level ... it took me almost 8(albeit some of this he didnt exist or I was playing other games)...

first attempt... 5 portals
second-fourth.... 3 portals

lulz at stupid dps

only attempted it because I did my first solo shaper to(never really bothered trying before) on first attempt

also another first for this league was uber atziri... I sat in middle of room holding cyclone hitting molten shell every time she came back for good measure
You may not have gotten the loot, but you finished him on your own. In comparison there are players from beta that will never come close.

I myself went through plenty of sets to get my first take down, and more than one was wasted by server dcs/crashes. It was the one fight I struggled with for some time.

In the end I realized that my failures were almost exclusively because I would attack too long because my damage was so below par and end up making a silly mistake that would chain until I ran out of portals.

I would bet that now you've actually done it, your confidence going into the next few runs will be a lot less harrowing.

Yep, totally over league play.
Been here 7 years now, haven't seen most of the so-called endgame.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
6th portal? It took me 7 sets of portals before I finally killed him.

Well I lost 3-4 sets a few months ago with another build, so I wasnt completely new with the fight.

"
Uber Elder was added in the 3.2.0 patch on March 2, 2018 so it didn't take you as long as you thought. :)

True, but you get the point, I've played for around 4 years before even getting to Shaper. :p

"
That watchers eye had bad stats.

The next one will be amazing.

Peace,

-Boem-

That's what I had to tell myself...

"
4 years!!!

get on my level ... it took me almost 8(albeit some of this he didnt exist or I was playing other games)...

first attempt... 5 portals
second-fourth.... 3 portals

lulz at stupid dps

only attempted it because I did my first solo shaper to(never really bothered trying before) on first attempt

also another first for this league was uber atziri... I sat in middle of room holding cyclone hitting molten shell every time she came back for good measure

Still gotta try to take her on. But physical reduction is such an unsolvable problem for spellcasters that I'm not I want to risk a set of fragments.

"
Been here 7 years now, haven't seen most of the so-called endgame.

Keep trying, it's worth the effort if you enjoy the game. ;)

"
You may not have gotten the loot, but you finished him on your own. In comparison there are players from beta that will never come close.

I would bet that now you've actually done it, your confidence going into the next few runs will be a lot less harrowing.

I hope you're right. On with another week of Atlas manipulations to finally get him back!
Last edited by Serakiel on Jul 25, 2019, 3:19:11 AM
"
Serakiel wrote:

"

True, but you get the point, I've played for around 4 years before even getting to Shaper. :p

Hey, I can relate, I just recently completed the Shaper fight for the first time I guess about a month ago. Uber Elder has been the only thing I haven't been able to do by myself. Soon though, my build is coming together. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Serakiel wrote:

"

Hey, I can relate, I just recently completed the Shaper fight for the first time I guess about a month ago. Uber Elder has been the only thing I haven't been able to do by myself. Soon though, my build is coming together. :)

Shaper was added in Sep 2016.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info