[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

Can anyone explain to me why we go slayer and not champion ? Every chat i see says slayer got gutted and im trying to decide if i want to stick with this build or not .

I want something that clears t16 maps and does A8 content . I already have a char that is clearing t14 maps but it rips occasionally on bosses and I want to make something that better does end game bosses .

Im about to the point of doing the first lab and im trying to figure out why people say champion is better than slayer before i go the rest of the way on this build as i dont want to roll another one this league .

Also is 20 EX enough to do end game or do i need to map more ?
"
Artaniz wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why we go slayer and not champion ? Every chat i see says slayer got gutted and im trying to decide if i want to stick with this build or not .

I want something that clears t16 maps and does A8 content . I already have a char that is clearing t14 maps but it rips occasionally on bosses and I want to make something that better does end game bosses .

Im about to the point of doing the first lab and im trying to figure out why people say champion is better than slayer before i go the rest of the way on this build as i dont want to roll another one this league .

i went slayer on this build and have killed awakened 8 sirus and cleared the simulacrum multiple times. it does depend a bit on your gear but 20ex is way more than enough
"
Flitser wrote:
I'm trying to craft the -15 thinking I would need 10 rolls max. I'm 15 in, am I doing something wrong?

Warlord chest ilvl 86

what are you using to craft it with?
"
Bane__ wrote:
"
Flitser wrote:
I'm trying to craft the -15 thinking I would need 10 rolls max. I'm 15 in, am I doing something wrong?

Warlord chest ilvl 86

what are you using to craft it with?

Serrated fossils
Is this good for multicraft or should I try move that AOE for Physical ?

I see you have dropped 'Forceful Scewering' on the tree, where I thought it was almost a needed node.
Does having the Watcher's eye and/or Deep cuts enable this node to be dropped?

Additionally, I can respec my tree a little going from 170k tooltip dps to 162k but will gain Deep Cuts in doing so. Because my PoB skills are lacking, would you say this is worth doing?

Thanks for your guide btw, I've enjoyed this cyclone build for the second time now!
"
Archy159 wrote:
I see you have dropped 'Forceful Scewering' on the tree, where I thought it was almost a needed node.
Does having the Watcher's eye and/or Deep cuts enable this node to be dropped?

Additionally, I can respec my tree a little going from 170k tooltip dps to 162k but will gain Deep Cuts in doing so. Because my PoB skills are lacking, would you say this is worth doing?

Thanks for your guide btw, I've enjoyed this cyclone build for the second time now!

I dropped that cluster when I got Deep Cuts notable yes. Before it was around 12-14% dps increase but after notable it was only 2% ish for 5 points so I ditched it.

It would depend on what you drop to get Deep Cuts but yes it should be a good idea. If you look at my current skill tree that's most likely what I would consider optimal for the moment. I did consider dropping most of the right side on the tree and go for Disemboweling like a lot of other Cyclone builds but the numbers just wasnt there.

The only things I'm hesitant on my current skill tree is the 4 points for Charging Offensive and Brutal Blade respectively. I believe you could get more damage/life by picking up another cluster jewel in bottom right near Point Blank.

"
Artaniz wrote:

I'm going to be 100% transparent with you here and say that unless you are experienced with melee builds in general, just go Champion. It's a lot easier to play and has more damage potential in the 100+ exalt late game.

Slayer got nerfed a little bit wich was justified because we were simply broken in Legion. The main reason this guide is exclusively Slayer is because I very much value the AoE we get in addition to some QoL stuff like reflect immunity and more movement speed.

The other reason is that there are a lot of succesful Champion guides out there atm so I dont have a reason to include that option in my guide. Should you want to play it however then the gear/skill tree is more or less 1:1
"
Dwedan wrote:

For this build it would be very strong yes. Ideally you multimod after high flat physical or hybrid physical %/accuracy.

Your sword works well for Slayer because we dont need crit on our weapons.
"
Dex2644 wrote:
"
Dwedan wrote:

For this build it would be very strong yes. Ideally you multimod after high flat physical or hybrid physical %/accuracy.

Your sword works well for Slayer because we dont need crit on our weapons.

So a multimod to this as it is with physical 129% and some other good prefix would make it worth some exalts? I dont play this build myself I just stumbled upon this sword so Im looking for sell.. =P

Or maby just craft highest Physical and SLAM SLAM ? =P
Last edited by Dwedan on Apr 2, 2020, 5:46:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info