[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

Champion has a node that makes banner not reserve mana, which negates the 10% increase from Flesh and Stone.

Also... The nearby Blood and Sand nodes on the tree reserve 10% less mana for stance auras. If this applies to both blood and sand and flesh and stone for -20% total; I'm wondering if people who spec champion could throw in herald of purity or somethin' else. Especially since taking those nodes would bring them up to par AoE wise with a slayer who doesn't take those nodes (at least I think).

Could just take the blood and sand node as slayer and call it good though. Probably won't know what's better till a few days in league.
Please upgrade the guide for 3.14
Thank you very much
"
Champion has a node that makes banner not reserve mana, which negates the 10% increase from Flesh and Stone.

Also... The nearby Blood and Sand nodes on the tree reserve 10% less mana for stance auras. If this applies to both blood and sand and flesh and stone for -20% total; I'm wondering if people who spec champion could throw in herald of purity or somethin' else. Especially since taking those nodes would bring them up to par AoE wise with a slayer who doesn't take those nodes (at least I think).

Could just take the blood and sand node as slayer and call it good though. Probably won't know what's better till a few days in league.

Blood and Sand, flesh and stone is not work in champ reserve 10 less mana because in ascedency champion it says with only the May banner - 10% booking.

But I think I'll start with a champion for free fortify + 0 mana reser banner and we'll see how it works.
"
Ferdek71 wrote:
"

Blood and Sand, flesh and stone is not work in champ reserve 10 less mana because in ascedency champion it says with only the May banner - 10% booking.

But I think I'll start with a champion for free fortify + 0 mana reser banner and we'll see how it works.

For the Stance aura's I'm refering to the new node in the Blood and Sand cluster which is along the lines of "10% reduced reservation of Stance skills". Though I'm pretty sure I looked at how it works incorrectly; and I feel a little dumb about my last post now.

I may still get the cluster for more AoE since I will be trying champion this new league as well. Not hard to respec out of it if it isn't worth it anyways.
I didn't fully see new reservations nodes, because it's only JSON file for now, but I think with maim in warchief and enlightend 4, nothing changes for the build, no?
"
BulbaWizi wrote:
I didn't fully see new reservations nodes, because it's only JSON file for now, but I think with maim in warchief and enlightend 4, nothing changes for the build, no?

even with a enlighten level 3, you can just ditch some precision levels and you are good to go. this build doesnt really need to be updated imho, if anything only a small disclaimer needs to be added that an enlighten is a bit more important then before.
Only thing Im debating on now is if I should start with 1h axes and swap to foils in maps, when I get the dex requirements, or try swords work from the get go. Anyone tried and have some tips?
I will post updates and my thought process going into Ultimatum league once we have gem information. TL;DR the build will perform near identical to last league.

The main interesting gem for me would be the new Lifetap support that allows us to spend life instead of mana with Cyclone. This will be a tradeoff since with this gem we will never need to use Praxis ring but we are also using what I believe to be a worse damage support. Need to wait for gem information to see how much worse it is than let's say Melee Phys support.

The other idea I have is that Paradoxica will be significantly stronger this league with the veiled modifier change, a well rolled one should be competitive with 600 pdps foils.

Lastly I will have to take a good look at the skill tree as I've never been happy with it since the crit multi nerf on right side tree. I think I would much prefer going for an evasion/dodge oriented build where we get all the dexterity we want for free, main downside being less fortify effect and potentially a bit awkward to cap impale chance but otherwise similar in life/dps.

As a final note I'd just like to remind people, if you want to try out the new low life gems make sure you dont use a Starkonja, as it reduces your damage while on low life :)
"
BulbaWizi wrote:
Only thing Im debating on now is if I should start with 1h axes and swap to foils in maps, when I get the dex requirements, or try swords work from the get go. Anyone tried and have some tips?

I have personally not league started with this build in quite a while but I'm pretty sure you want to level with 2h until you can use Scaeva since swords really need crit to outshine other weapon variants.

I would probably go with a 2h axe and play any slam skill such as Earthquake, Earthshatter or even Ground Slam.

Another option if you want to dual wield from the get go is to use Frost Blades with a secondary 3-4 link for Vaal Double Strike to help with single target.

Cyclone should ideally not be used until it hits gem level 11 where you get the 5th stage. Prior to that the small AoE will feel pretty bad.
Last edited by Dex2644 on Apr 14, 2021, 9:46:10 AM
Cheers mate, after 3rd test run I must agree, that 1h shenanigans are not rly fun when you can just bonk.

EDIT: Also having option to use savior with buffed paradoxica or better access to good rare foils (buffed essences pog) is kinda nice.
Last edited by BulbaWizi on Apr 14, 2021, 10:32:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info