[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

Just skimmed through the patch notes, doesn't look like any nerf to this build so it function the same way as in Harvest.

However, with the release of alternate quality gems, they may be some interesting choices that massively buff this build.

Spoiler

Impale Support

Alternate Quality 2
Supported Skills have 5% chance to inflict an additional Impale on Enemies they Impale

Cyclone
Alternate Quality 2
5% more Movement Speed

Pride
Alternate Quality 1
Attack Hits against nearby Enemies have 10% chance to inflict Bleeding

Precision
Alternate Quality 2
You and nearby Allies deal 10% increased Damage
You and nearby Allies have 10% less Area of Effect

Now i am conflicted whether to push this build to the max again or play the build i have intended in mind :P

Last edited by Eechye on Sep 17, 2020, 1:43:45 AM
"
Eechye wrote:
Just skimmed through the patch notes, doesn't look like any nerf to this build so it function the same way as in Harvest.

However, with the release of alternate quality gems, they may be some interesting choices that massively buff this build.

Spoiler

Impale Support

Alternate Quality 2
Supported Skills have 5% chance to inflict an additional Impale on Enemies they Impale

Cyclone
Alternate Quality 2
5% more Movement Speed

Pride
Alternate Quality 1
Attack Hits against nearby Enemies have 10% chance to inflict Bleeding

Precision
Alternate Quality 2
You and nearby Allies deal 10% increased Damage
You and nearby Allies have 10% less Area of Effect

Now i am conflicted whether to push this build to the max again or play the build i have intended in mind :P

Cyclone duelist is in general a very safe way to league start. Not sure how to explain it properly but Champion is most likely the play until level 80+ where you start properly investing in crit. Scaeva and a generic foil should be enough for the crit up until that point. Havent done any practice runs for it myself yet but I'm very convinced 2h with ground slam or earthshatter is the superior way to level up to lvl 68 where you get Scaeva after the dual wield nerf last league.
Last edited by Dex2644 on Sep 17, 2020, 10:12:17 AM
"
Nothing has changed for this build so it will perform and play identical to 3.11 Harvest league. I'll make some smaller tweaks to the guide before the league launches however. Most notably that we will never take Unwavering Stance.

Was wondering how you will go about cant be stunned when not picking Unwavering Stance?
"
Voodoo_Leader wrote:
"
Nothing has changed for this build so it will perform and play identical to 3.11 Harvest league. I'll make some smaller tweaks to the guide before the league launches however. Most notably that we will never take Unwavering Stance.

Was wondering how you will go about cant be stunned when not picking Unwavering Stance?

When I played it in Harvest it wasnt actually that bad. Endgame however we want to cover all bases so we simply take 2x medium channeling cluster with Unwavering Focus that gives 40% stun avoid each. That was enough for me in Harvest but if you wanted to guarantee stun immunity you could also go with the new alternate quality Cyclone that gives the remaining 20% stun avoid for a total of 100%.
You're accounting for the Cull wrong (your damage should be higher). If it were a 50% Cull you'd have 100% more damage, for example.

Slayer's Cull makes enemies die at 20% life, so they only have 80% of their normal life. An equivalent more damage multiplier would be 100/80=1.25, so 25% more.
"
Dex2644 wrote:
"
Patrickmnz wrote:
Any idea how hard this build was hit by 3.12 nerfs? Is it still viable enough for league start/end game?

I'll make some smaller tweaks primarily to highlight what I learnt from playing this in Harvest league but it hasnt been nerfed or buffed in any way shape or form.

So yes it's still very viable but I should probably mention that Champion is more safe to league start with and you would swap to Slayer later when you got better gear, most notably weapons and cluster jewels.

hello, what are we supposed to take in ascendancy Champion
Last edited by Piilou on Sep 18, 2020, 9:32:40 AM
"
Piilou wrote:
"
Dex2644 wrote:
"
Patrickmnz wrote:
Any idea how hard this build was hit by 3.12 nerfs? Is it still viable enough for league start/end game?

I'll make some smaller tweaks primarily to highlight what I learnt from playing this in Harvest league but it hasnt been nerfed or buffed in any way shape or form.

So yes it's still very viable but I should probably mention that Champion is more safe to league start with and you would swap to Slayer later when you got better gear, most notably weapons and cluster jewels.

hello, what are we supposed to take in ascendancy Champion

Master of Metal, Conqueror, Worthy Foe and Unstoppable Hero
You mention going champion until lv80+
It's not super clear in the OP, so I'm curious the reasons for switching back to Slayer at all. Is the clear speed much better?

Unrelated, I want to try levelling with Oni-Goroshi this league, hopefully all the way to The Saviour. Is there anything especially different (besides combustion or herald of ash) that I should do to make it last that long?
Last edited by Shin_Gojira on Sep 18, 2020, 3:26:07 PM
"
Shin_Gojira wrote:
You mention going champion until lv80+
It's not super clear in the OP, so I'm curious the reasons for switching back to Slayer at all. Is the clear speed much better?

Yes I would like to know this too.

I'm really torn between this one and Bergerbrush Cyclone Champion Build, I wanted to pick Dex Slayer version because LiftingNerd said it was a lot faster at Mapping and also had more damage.

Seeing Dex saying that we should level to 80 while as Champion is I have to be honest demoralizing.

As for my level 100 on Standard, has anything changed on the passive tree? Can I just select exactly the same nodes as I had on 3.11 or is there anything different?
Last edited by Bauab on Sep 20, 2020, 2:13:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info