Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.10] Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead, Uber Elder deathless.

could you please post a POB with the leveling sections for 3.9? im new and i cant choose which node to get and the leveling one you put there is not updated so i cant follow it :(
Very nice build.
I have two questions:
I need to use only bone Helmet for craft status "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance" ?
Why do you use Bone helmet with "Minions deal #% increased Damage" if the skill doesn't give Player this status even with Spiritual Command ?
"
Headless____ wrote:
could you please post a POB with the leveling sections for 3.9? im new and i cant choose which node to get and the leveling one you put there is not updated so i cant follow it :(

Still very similar. You can adapt it to 3.9 just by looking at 3.9 tree.
"
cloreto22 wrote:
Very nice build.
I have two questions:
I need to use only bone Helmet for craft status "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance" ?
Why do you use Bone helmet with "Minions deal #% increased Damage" if the skill doesn't give Player this status even with Spiritual Command ?

Doesn't have to be bone helmet, it's just some extra dmg.
FAQ
im currently leveling a necro similar to this build aswell.
I havent seen the suggestion here yet to use a curse like flammability in the wand with the desecrate + spell cascade setup, so i just wated to give the hint to you guy, if you dont want to run anger there.

As its a blue socket its also good for a gem swap for those who like to use body swap for mapping there
serious signature since 1674
"
Ersetzbar wrote:
im currently leveling a necro similar to this build aswell.
I havent seen the suggestion here yet to use a curse like flammability in the wand with the desecrate + spell cascade setup, so i just wated to give the hint to you guy, if you dont want to run anger there.

As its a blue socket its also good for a gem swap for those who like to use body swap for mapping there

While it may sound as a good idea, it is not really one imo.

1. for clearing you don't need the curse. It would't increase the clear speed in any meaningful way. That curse would only be useful on bosses.
2. Desecrate has a limit of 10 corpses. With VD(without enchant) + spell cascade 7 corpses are consumed on average, sometimes 6 and sometimes 8, but mostly 7. With enchant 8 corpses on average.
3. socketing a procable spell into a wand with desecrate makes you create 10 corpses every 2nd attack with that wand. This will make u produce 10 balls every 4 attacks instead of 14/16.

While for clear 3rd point is neglectable due to having extra supply of corpses from packs, on bosses it is a huge dps loss. Flammability will not make up for that by a significant amount. Combining this with 1st point makes using that setup pointless. Unlike bodyswap, which gives you benefits for clearing.

It would be possible to use a 2nd spell in desecrate wand, if VD will not be used with spell cascade. But doing so will result in a huge dps loss, because of losing a lot of aps form corpse pact.
yeah i was thinking of flammability only on bosses and then only in combination with another PP with VD - CE - EF. in this case the corpse limit isnt a problem. But the ramp up time will ne longer. Still might be a valid option, for situations, where you can preload damage. in those situations spell cascade does nothing and conc effect + flammabillity increase this dmg. well i estimate flammability only offers about 10 to 15% depending on gear but i just wanted to offer an alternative :D
"
Ersetzbar wrote:
yeah i was thinking of flammability only on bosses and then only in combination with another PP with VD - CE - EF. in this case the corpse limit isnt a problem. But the ramp up time will ne longer. Still might be a valid option, for situations, where you can preload damage. in those situations spell cascade does nothing and conc effect + flammabillity increase this dmg. well i estimate flammability only offers about 10 to 15% depending on gear but i just wanted to offer an alternative :D

There is a mistake in your thinking. The ramp up does not take longer, you just can't ramp up that high. Depending on the exact stats, you lose almost half of your possible aps. Since you are consuming only 3/4(w/o and w/ enchant) corpses per cast, instead of 7/8. So u basically get only half the dps on bosses, since there is no difference in pure per proc dmg between spell cascade and ele focus.

I understand, that you are giving ideas and it is good so. Brainstorming is nice, i always appreciate it. I am not trying to shut you down or something. But in this case i just tell you how it is, because i had that idea myself.

However, it is a good idea, if you are anything but necro.
Okay, that makes sense. I do appreaciate the fast feedback. Im still not really thinking about that whole necro thing, played PP always as rangers or scions in the past :D

Do you happen to know if getting awakened spell cascades makes any noticable difference?
"
Ersetzbar wrote:
Okay, that makes sense. I do appreaciate the fast feedback. Im still not really thinking about that whole necro thing, played PP always as rangers or scions in the past :D

Do you happen to know if getting awakened spell cascades makes any noticable difference?

For desecrate it's useless. For VD for bosses it is good(better q20 bonus), but only at lvl 5, since before lvl 5 it has stronger negatives, then lvl 20 normal one. Could be good for clearing at any lvl, since it would increase the possibility of you creating all 9/12 balls per proc. Haven#t tried myself.
Last edited by 1337fun on Jan 7, 2020, 10:49:01 AM
How to improve my dps? pretty low dps on level 8 awakener, so he started spamming vortexes and i bricked =/
Also 7k hp, but only 23% phys mitigation with basalt :< (physical damage in t14-t16 hurts)
8.7 attack rate in pob full buffed

Spoiler

English is not my native language.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info