[3.10] Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead, Uber Elder deathless.

"
Amsuperfun wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build idea. I started the league out as lightning based poet's pen but recently pivoted closer to this as I felt I wasn't tanky enough. Now rocking through high tier maps with relative ease as Berserker.

I wanted to ask you about Spell Cascade though. Based on DPS numbers alone, spell cascade on VD seems to way outshine conc. effect (even assuming switching to additional corpse enchant, which would mean losing wave enchant). Are there non-direct dps factors that contribute to it being worse outside of necromancer? Such as spawning too many orbs too quickly thus hitting cap, or not always spawning the full 9? I've been trying to test myself through different maps, and maybe I'm biased, but it ends up feeling like Cascade is better.

If it feels better for you, then just use spell cascade ;)
I now added this question to FAQ, because it comes up often. You can read my full answer there.
Last edited by 1337fun on Mar 24, 2020, 5:41:40 AM
So where is the 3.10 passive tree at? ... its only the 3.9

For the Scion not the necro
:: Man in black fled across the desert, and the gun slinger followed"
Last edited by N3_PH on Mar 25, 2020, 8:28:22 PM
"
N3_PH wrote:

No need, nothing changed. However, if it will make you feel better. Open 3.9 tree in PoB, at the bottom there will be a nice little button "Convert to 3.10". Click the button and you'll have yourself a 3.10 tree.
"
1337fun wrote:
"
N3_PH wrote:

No need, nothing changed. However, if it will make you feel better. Open 3.9 tree in PoB, at the bottom there will be a nice little button "Convert to 3.10". Click the button and you'll have yourself a 3.10 tree.

BOOM! YOU DA BEST!
:: Man in black fled across the desert, and the gun slinger followed"
Hi i'm playing your build on Scion version but I feel like I miss some damage on boss, did the Necro way still good ? i don't understand how the Corpze pact double the number of balls create, did it get changed ?
"
piemat2000 wrote:
Hi i'm playing your build on Scion version but I feel like I miss some damage on boss, did the Necro way still good ? i don't understand how the Corpze pact double the number of balls create, did it get changed ?

As i said in OP, all builds are still fine.

Corpse pact is not doubling the amount of balls, spell cascade does.
Oh yes sorry my bad !

Does spell echo would do the same job than spell cascade, if no could you tell me why ?

Have a nice day !
"
piemat2000 wrote:
Oh yes sorry my bad !

Does spell echo would do the same job than spell cascade, if no could you tell me why ?

Have a nice day !

No. Spell echo can not be used with trigger gems.
Hello, I have another question that has been bothering my recently:
Does having an additional spell (like Wave of Conviction) or a curse in descerate's PP have an effect on our cast rate for the desecrate and VD due to having an additional castable spell?
"
MECHanokl wrote:
Hello, I have another question that has been bothering my recently:
Does having an additional spell (like Wave of Conviction) or a curse in descerate's PP have an effect on our cast rate for the desecrate and VD due to having an additional castable spell?

Yes, but that is not a problem, if you don't use cascade on VD and have desecrate above that other spell in the wand.

Proc loop
1st attack: desecrate + cascade. # of corpses on the ground = 10
2nd attack: VD. # of corpses on the ground = 7(6 with enchant)
3rd attack: wave of conviction
4th attack: VD. # of corpses on the ground = 4(2 with enchant)
loop reset
Last edited by 1337fun on Apr 8, 2020, 5:23:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info