[3.10] Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead, Uber Elder deathless.

"
1337fun wrote:

Spell cascade on VD is only worth it for necromancer. Any other ascendancy will not benefit from it dps wise. Only drawbacks compared to none cascade setup.

Yep, tested it a bit and it is clearly better for me to stick with more damage. Thank you for the answer.
Hey are you gonna play and update the guide for this build? With some many different things from 3.10, i wonder what the optimal setup would be. I'm kinda bad at the game to figure this one for myself
"
Kayefsi wrote:
Hey are you gonna play and update the guide for this build? With some many different things from 3.10, i wonder what the optimal setup would be. I'm kinda bad at the game to figure this one for myself

I can not tell yet, playing another build for now.
Hey people,

I need real advice. I believe I am in a state where I can understand at least 90% of the game. So you can be as technical as you'd like to be, while answering.

For some reason, my PoB-average spell-damage value per ball is extremely low. It is around 10-15k. The one in this guide with the highest life has 110k damage per ball for the spell damage. I am aware that my build misses gem levels, the bone helmet with penetration, the watcher's eye, the other jewels, anger's level, herald of ash'es level, the curse... but still. It shouldn't be this low isn't it? I think I cannot see something about this build that is VERY fundamental.

Can you help me?
PoB:

Thanks in advance,
Icarium
Last edited by Einhaerjar on Mar 16, 2020, 2:09:46 PM
"
Einhaerjar wrote:
Hey people,

I need real advice. I believe I am in a state where I can understand at least 90% of the game. So you can be as technical as you'd like to be, while answering.

For some reason, my PoB-average spell-damage value per ball is extremely low. It is around 10-15k. The one in this guide with the highest life has 110k damage per ball for the spell damage. I am aware that my build misses gem levels, the bone helmet with penetration, the watcher's eye, the other jewels, anger's level, herald of ash'es level, the curse... but still. It shouldn't be this low isn't it? I think I cannot see something about this build that is VERY fundamental.

Can you help me?
PoB: https://pastebin.com/Ws7gz0vL tree

Thanks in advance,
Icarium

When i load your PoB i see 113k dmg per ball.
"
1337fun wrote:
"
Einhaerjar wrote:
Hey people,

Can you help me?
PoB: https://pastebin.com/Ws7gz0vL tree

Thanks in advance,
Icarium

When i load your PoB i see 113k dmg per ball.

I am so sorry, the PoB-link was wrong. I was actively comparing your templates with mine, probably one of the links in the guide must have been left in the buffer somehow. I updated it now, can you check?
Last edited by Einhaerjar on Mar 16, 2020, 9:22:46 AM
"
Einhaerjar wrote:

I am so sorry, the PoB-link was wrong. I was actively comparing your templates with mine, probably one of the links in the guide must have been left in the buffer somehow. I updated it now, can you check?

I get an error trying to import. Need new link.
"
1337fun wrote:
"
Einhaerjar wrote:

I get an error trying to import. Need new link.

https://pastebin.com/u8ZLquie
"
Einhaerjar wrote:

https://pastebin.com/u8ZLquie

You basically have 0 damage from gear. Still need to lvl and quality gems. Still many nodes to take. You have no dmg increasing skills, like curses or wave of conviction. Everything stacks up, some things interact multiplicative with each other. You are still missing a lot.
Hey, thanks for the build idea. I started the league out as lightning based poet's pen but recently pivoted closer to this as I felt I wasn't tanky enough. Now rocking through high tier maps with relative ease as Berserker.

I wanted to ask you about Spell Cascade though. Based on DPS numbers alone, spell cascade on VD seems to way outshine conc. effect (even assuming switching to additional corpse enchant, which would mean losing wave enchant). Are there non-direct dps factors that contribute to it being worse outside of necromancer? Such as spawning too many orbs too quickly thus hitting cap, or not always spawning the full 9? I've been trying to test myself through different maps, and maybe I'm biased, but it ends up feeling like Cascade is better.
Last edited by Amsuperfun on Mar 23, 2020, 8:52:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info