[3.7] Lazy Lacerater - Max Block Gladiator

HEY! You! Do you hate using flasks while mapping? Do you hate dodging things while mapping? Do you like EXPLOSIONS? Then you've come to the right place!

I've designed this build to have enough tank to do all the content in the game if you're a bad player with an old PC like me. Bleedsplosions are a fun mechanic and the gear for the build is relatively cheap, but you can scale it as far as you want.

Have killed Shaper and Uber Elder with this build.

I wrote this up in about half an hour, so if you have any questions just ask :)

tl;dr Just give me the PoB
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/ngB9eWi3

Contents:
1. Pros and Cons
2. Videos
3. Skill trees
4. Gear explained
5. Gems and Links
6. Bandits, Ascendancy, Pantheon
7. Tips

1. Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
Beginner friendly can be played in all leagues (HC + SSF viable) and very easy to gear.
Flasks are only situational, you don't need to get RSI to play this build.
Can be played with only 2 buttons, Leap Slam + Lacerate.
Don't need to constantly dodge everything; between Max Block, 5.5k+ hp and 7k armour (14k with flask) you have a good amount of physical mitigation. Add-on Enfeeble, Molten Shell and healing on block and you can tank most content.

Cons:
Not good for group play. Does ~1 mil dps, it is enough for solo content but not group play.
Not a speed clear build. Lacerate is slow and even picking up a lot of attack speed from the tree it only gets near 3 attacks/sec. Of course, this is more than enough to maintain 8 stacks of bleed.
Can't do Physical Reflect.
PoB still can't multiply by 8, you have to take your dps and times it by 8.

2. Videos
Spoiler

I will upload more as I can.

T16 Beach, Tank showcase: https://youtu.be/We6iK5jq5Jo

3. Skill trees
Spoiler

Elder variant: https://pastebin.com/ngB9eWi3

I will upload a non-elder variant later and some levelling trees as well.

4. Gear explained
Spoiler

I will list the stats to look for on gear in order of importance. Top = most important.

Helmet:
Spoiler
Armour or Evasion base
Lacerate deals X to X added Physical Damage against Bleeding Enemies
+10% Area of Effect craft
Life
Resists

Body Armour:
Spoiler
Armour or Evasion base (Astral Plate is nice, but not needed and more expensive)
Life
+6% Chance to Block Attack Damage (Body Armour unveil, generic)
Resists (the more resists you get here the cheaper your rings will be)

Gloves, Blasphemer's Grasp:
Spoiler
The main thing is these gloves give you a damage bonus (~1.5% per piece) that is Elder. But it makes the other gear a lot harder/more expensive to get.

If you don't want to use these gloves just grab a generic Melee pair:

Armour or Evasion base (Spiked Gloves do not increase bleed dps)
10%+ Attack Speed (apply bleeds faster, leap slam faster)
+X - X Physical Damage to Attacks (works for bleeds)
Life
+10% Area of Effect craft
Resists

Belt of the Deceiver:
Spoiler
Using this for the "You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes". The only thing I was really dying to was 1-shots from rares. This is effectively 30% more HP vs Crits, very strong.

Boots:
Spoiler
Armour or Evasion base
0.5% of Damage Leech as Life and Mana if you've killed recently (this is pretty important, if you don't have this I would get mana leech from the tree until you do)
25% + Movement Speed
Life
Cannot Be Frozen (Boots unveil, Rin) (use Heat flask before this)
Resists

Amulet, The Anvil:
Spoiler
If you don't mind using Rumi's flask on cooldown, you don't need a corrupted version of this amulet and can save yourself 1 Ex here. I don't like using flasks and this helps give you max block without flasks.

Rings:
Spoiler
You need to get a lot of resists here, but they are also a good source of damage.

Resists
Life
Adds X - X Physical Damage to Attacks

You can craft these yourself with a Steel/Iron ring base and Screaming Essence of Contempt, but if you're in a trade league check the trade site first, there are great bargains to be had for less than 10c.

Axe:
Spoiler
Royal Axe base (highest average hit since AS doesn't help bleed we use this)

60% chance for Bleeding inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% More Damage (a weapon with only this on it will be almost as good as a perfect generic melee weapon. Try to get this!)

% Increased Physical Damage
Adds X to X Physical Damage
% to Quality
% Increased Damage with Bleeding
% Increased Attack Speed (does not increase dps, but can apply bleeds faster)

I ended up having to craft my own Axes this league, seems like nobody else was using Royal Axe base for bleed weapons.

To do this I used: Corroded Fossil + Jagged Fossil

You can add in Serrated, but that dilutes the pool with Attack Speed, Crit Chance, Accuracy and other attack modifiers we don't really want.

Shield:
Spoiler
Armour or Evasion base
Armour/EV Total
Life
Resists
Block % (if you get enough block % here you might not need it on Body Armour or Amulet)

Jewels:
Spoiler
One Jewel with Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you
Life
Damage

Basically, you want to get life here and as much damage as you can. Here are a few searches for bleed jewels:

Corrupted Blood search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/PzgVnmUL (unless you want to run a Staunching Flask, get one of these)

10c Jewel search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/omWmBKSl (click the Sum: field to sort the gems by dps)

Endgame Jewel search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/Gzrzz8Fb (click the Sum: field to sort the gems by dps)

5. Gems and Links
Spoiler
Weapon 1: CWDT(5) -> Tempest Shield(1) -> Summon Flame golem(7) - For bossing swap Summon Flame Golem for Vulnerability (21/0)

Weapon 2: CWDT(20) -> Enfeeble(6) -> Molten Shell(20) - Enfeeble is 6 because of Int requirements

Helmet: Portal -> Blood Rage(20) -> War Banner(20) -> Enhance(3)

Gloves: Leap Slam (20) -> Blood Magic(20) -> Fortify -> Faster Attacks (20)

Boots: Reckoning (21) -> Life Gain on Hit (21), Herald of Purity (20), Malevolence (18) - Int requirements for Malevolence, otherwise go to 21.

Body Armour: Lacerate (21/20) -> Brutality (21/23) -> Multistrike (21/23) -> Melee Physical Damage (21/0) -> Deadly Ailments (21/23) -> Chance to Bleed (21/23) - Listed in order of importance

6. Bandits, Ascendance, Pantheon
Spoiler

Bandits: Kill all
Ascendancy: Painforged > Versatile Combatant > Blood in the Eyes > Gratuitous Violence
Pantheon: Solaris (Crit upgrade), Shakari (Poison Immune upgrade)

7. Tips
Spoiler

There are a few annoying map modifiers that I want to mention here. They all *can* be done, but I generally roll over them so I don't have to use flasks or take longer to do the map.

Reduced chance to Block (gotta use Rumi's to get block up, that's an extra button, f that)
Chance to avoid bleed (just makes the map take longer)
Vulnerability (you can keep your Sulphur flask on cooldown the whole map, but I despise flasks)
Temp Chains (same as Vuln)
No Leech (you get Mana on block, but jumping into packs to get hit on purpose is tedious)
Last edited by geoffreytuck on Jul 10, 2019, 4:45:00 AM
Last bumped on Jul 10, 2019, 3:16:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info