Unplayable from China

I'm also one suffering because of the German Telekom peering issues. I understand that this is something which can't be solved on GGG/Tencent's end.

BUT my question is, why do i only have those problems while playing Path of Exile? I play MMO's and other online games for over 15 years, use German Telekom since day one and i never had such problems with any other game. Currently i can play Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, etc. and don't suffer from those peering problems.

So my question is, why do they only occur in Path of Exile? Are there special "deals" with the different provider and companies like Blizzard/Acitivion pay "extra" to not have those issues? Is GGG/Tencent saving money and using only some kind of "limited" or "low" service in comparism to other companies? For me this looks like the only explanation. But maybe someone with more insight can explain this to me.

Currently it just feels like a hit in my face. This game is making a lot of money, got bought by one of the most influencel gaming/tech companies available and still can't solve this major problems other companies are able to since ... decades.

Don't get me wrong, i love this game. THIS is my successor of Diablo 2. But have to use washington server (130ms~) instead of german ones, although i'm from germany, is so frustrating. I would invest and play and enjoy PoE way more if these issues would be solved. Without them, i woudn't have fallen back to other games in the past :(
Last edited by BloodyHawl on Jul 12, 2019, 4:46:25 AM
"
BloodyHawl wrote:
I'm also one suffering because of the German Telekom peering issues. I understand that this is something which can't be solved on GGG/Tencent's end.

BUT my question is, why do i only have those problems while playing Path of Exile? I play MMO's and other online games for over 15 years, use German Telekom since day one and i never had such problems with any other game. Currently i can play Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, etc. and don't suffer from those peering problems.

So my question is, why do they only occur in Path of Exile? Are there special "deals" with the different provider and companies like Blizzard/Acitivion pay "extra" to not have those issues? Is GGG/Tencent saving money and using only some kind of "limited" or "low" service in comparism to other companies? For me this looks like the only explanation. But maybe someone with more insight can explain this to me.

Currently it just feels like a hit in my face. This game is making a lot of money, got bought by one of the most influencel gaming/tech companies available and still can't solve this major problems other companies are able to since ... decades.

Don't get me wrong, i love this game. THIS is my successor of Diablo 2. But have to use washington server (130ms~) instead of german ones, although i'm from germany, is so frustrating. I would invest and play and enjoy PoE way more if these issues would be solved. Without them, i woudn't have fallen back to other games in the past :(

Well when you play the other games and those are hosted by other hosting providers, the piring to those other providers in German Telekom core network is properly using a different route and therefor doesn't hit the effected problematic router and that's why you don't have any problem there.

If you want to confirm this, you need to make WinMTR report against the IP's used for the other game and compare them to the WinMTR report for GGG IP's.

Well, nothing has changed, the game is only playable and smooth from 3am to 7am, which is only 4 hours a day when I sleep (or should be). I'll pass on the next league and the next ones if the server/connection issues are not solved. People post complaints about that every day from many different countries. It's time for GGG to fix the problems, it's the first time I see a game with that many issues, and for an online game it just doesn't work.

I have 2 more weeks (which is 10 hours of playable time because of the issues) to try to kill Uber and then I'll be done with PoE. :)
since you don't read the posts the explains the problems and why it's a ISP problem, then maybe it's good that you will stop playing.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
since you don't read the posts the explains the problems and why it's a ISP problem, then maybe it's good that you will stop playing.

Other games don't have any ISP problem so, take your arrogance back and gtfo.
"
SlimShady63 wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

Other games don't have any ISP problem so, take your arrogance back and gtfo.

again read the post about the ISP piring problems is several countrys.
The prof is right there --> game works without any problem when not i peak hours and when peak, then suddenly you will see the problem with the router in the ISP's network before reaching GGG's hosting provider.

But then again, I don't care about your problems or your attitude. PoE works without any problems for me so GGG can just continue what they are doing regarding their hosting plan.

Tencent probably has enough money to create a server directly in China, and then boom, problems solved. Or tell the Chinese ISP to be nice to the game since they probably own them anyway. :)
"
SlimShady63 wrote:
Tencent probably has enough money to create a server directly in China, and then boom, problems solved. Or tell the Chinese ISP to be nice to the game since they probably own them anyway. :)

They already have that and their own "private" realm with an auction house and lots of stuff we dont have.
The "problem" is that @OP and others are not chinese and want to play in our realm.
D3 is the same. There's a specific version of the game for China but the international version still works perfectly fine when connected to the Asian server, with no lag except around 9/11pm which is understandable, but 20 hours a day the game is super smooth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info